• This could become a pretty expensive hobby. Just like all my other hobbies...

Looking for pros and cons of various seat covers vs replacing the whole seat. Pretty sure that the seats would be pretty costly. Looking for a little more comfort and to dress up the insides a bit. Worth it or not?

Let the opinions run!!! 8o

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• This could become a pretty expensive hobby. Just like all my other hobbies...

Looking for pros and cons of various seat covers vs replacing the whole seat. Pretty sure that the seats would be pretty costly. Looking for a little more comfort and to dress up the insides a bit. Worth it or not?

Let the opinions run!!! 8o

what do you have now?

Welcome aboard - looking forward to pictures of your ride and adventures

• what do you have now?
    Welcome aboard - looking forward to pictures of your ride and adventures

Right now, a '12 Goldwing that I am selling. Looking around for the best buy for my budget and getting the best advice I can find on equipping it. I love long cross-countries and have done several iron-butts in my lifetime. First was Denver to San Antonio in '77. As I have aged my knees are less amiable to endurance riding. So, I want to outfit the ride as comfortably as I can.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Just how comfortable are they compared to a replacement seat?

I don’t own these, I run PRP Gen 1 seats. But, I’ve heard nothing but good about these seat covers from other Slingers. PRP makes a quality product. The fact that you can totally customize the color combination to your liking is worth the price of admission. Unless I’m mistaken, I believe maybe @TravAZ & @DKF Texas run these? Maybe they’ll check in here now that I’ve tagged them & get their opinion.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• there is only one cheap mod for the Slingshot....bell housing plate ..... everything else is pricey as you woukd expect for the small amount of vehicles on the road

I would start with finding the Slingshot you want to buy ... newer models have different seats than the early models. If you are buying used chances are pretty good some modifications have been done. Spend some time in the seat and behind the wheel to figure out if you like what you got. If not try and make an event or local ride so you get a chance to try out the other options before buying

• I had and used those gen1 seat covers for over a year on my Slingshot. They look great and give the seat a little bit more comfort.

I took them out a few months ago and put in the new Polaris Velocity seats. To me, they are much more stylish and comfortable!

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• The velocity seats seem to be the best bang for the buck. I have the Gen 1 PRP seats (on a shelf now). I have the GEN1 PRP seat covers on my Sling at the moment.

I like the shape of the stock seats better for looks. That is why I chose to go with covers the second time around. The cover does help keep the scalding heat from GEN1 stock seats to a comfortable level. The seams however do hold a little water.

The GEN1 PRP seats are a great improvement in comfort and aggressive driving support. I do wish I would have just bought new covers for them.

The velocity seats though, less supportive on the sides as PRP seats, they are gel and memory foam(I believe) and are quite comfy. They cost less than PPR seats.

Others bought racing seats that rival or beat PRP seats. They require the purchase of seat brackets from Slingmods, but I believe are close or undercut the price of the Polaris Velocity and PRP seats.

• I had PRP Gen 1 that without a doubt were way better that the OEM seats...the PRP were/are the best choice for seats...until Polaris introduced the Velocity Seats which come standard on the ‘17 Slings... xd675x brought xtra V seats to SSITS AND I was SOLD on them...since @slingmods was there also we went ahead and ordered custom Status/PRP seat covers that matched my originals and I LOVE them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk