You know it's not gonna be a good news story when....

• Sweet bleeding baby jesus. $2500 for a used transmission, or $3600 for the shop to rebuild the transmission, with a 3-yr unlimited warranty on it. He's got a good reputation, so I'm not worried that he's making this up (plus he said if he does the work and it doesn't fix the problem, he won't charge me a penny, that's how confident he is in the diagnosis), but....holy fuck. That's the last Traverse I ever buy.

Sweet bleeding baby jesus. $2500 for a used transmission, or $3600 for the shop to rebuild the transmission, with a 3-yr unlimited warranty on it. He's got a good reputation, so I'm not worried that he's making this up (plus he said if he does the work and it doesn't fix the problem, he won't charge me a penny, that's how confident he is in the diagnosis), but....holy fuck. That's the last Traverse I ever buy.

Hmmmm. Transmission or Supercharger....decisions, decisions.

• I really hate that for you @KayTwo and @sideseatdriver! Supposedly they have this issue remedied in the newer version, I think starting in 2015. Time will tell. I didn't know you had a Traverse. We looked at that and an Arcadia, but found out about the failing transmission issues they had. When we were looking, the GMC dealer had 4 in for rebuilds in Richmond Indiana (around 20,000 people). We went with Equinox instead, hoping for the best.

• I really hate that for you @KayTwo and @sideseatdriver! Supposedly they have this issue remedied in the newer version, I think starting in 2015. Time will tell. I didn't know you had a Traverse. We looked at that and an Arcadia, but found out about the failing transmission issues they had. When we were looking, the GMC dealer had 4 in for rebuilds in Richmond Indiana (around 20,000 people). We went with Equinox instead, hoping for the best.

This one is a 2011, and when we bought it a few years ago, that data wasn't around (as far as I know), because we looked. And, supposedly the problem is more prevalent on the AWD Traverses, which is what this one is. I suspect next one we buy will be something of the Subaru/Toyota/Honda ilk. I love my Silverado, but the way they have the traverse engine bay set up and the difficulty to do maintenance to it, is for the birds.

• This one is a 2011, and when we bought it a few years ago, that data wasn't around (as far as I know), because we looked. And, supposedly the problem is more prevalent on the AWD Traverses, which is what this one is. I suspect next one we buy will be something of the Subaru/Toyota/Honda ilk. I love my Silverado, but the way they have the traverse engine bay set up and the difficulty to do maintenance to it, is for the birds.

Indeed Jared. I don't think there was much info at all of the issues until at least a year or more later. I was looking late in 2015, and it's well documented by then. I am running all Bow Tie here, on the tried and true ones known for reliability. Yes, you can read that as mostly boring... but it allows me to have 2 Harleys in the garage beside the Slingshot.

2015 Impala Limited (old body)
    2015 Equinox
    1994 Z71 extended cab

• Indeed Jared. I don't think there was much info at all of the issues until at least a year or more later. I was looking late in 2015, and it's well documented by then. I am running all Bow Tie here, on the tried and true ones known for reliability. Yes, you can read that as mostly boring... but it allows me to have 2 Harleys in the garage beside the Slingshot.
    2015 Impala Limited (old body)
    2015 Equinox
    1994 Z71 extended cab

2012 Equinox here with a four cylinder all of them use oil (they sent a letter out) just turned 100,000 miles check engine light has been on since way before warranty went out (could not or would not fix) ABS light goes on and off and the satibility (skid mark light) stays on all of the time. All of this since about 20,000 miles. Other that that no problems and runs good. It belongs to Brenda, you could not give me one.

• Eh, there's gotta be a YouTube video on how to do it. Lemme at it coach!!!

A good long time later.... Back together, and only a handful of extra parts!!!!!!

^^^ @kev, she’s still going all Canadian on us... :thumbsup:

yep, you caught that too, eh @Tripod , it,s understandable all pretty women have an inkling to be Canadian lmao its a good thing @kay Two don't fall in that category, we,d have to pull a Trump thing and build a wall !!!

• 2012 Equinox here with a four cylinder all of them use oil (they sent a letter out) just turned 100,000 miles check engine light has been on since way before warranty went out (could not or would not fix) ABS light goes on and off and the satibility (skid mark light) stays on all of the time. All of this since about 20,000 miles. Other that that no problems and runs good. It belongs to Brenda, you could not give me one.

@FunCycle, we had the same symptoms in the Traverse, and when we had the codes read, it said "low brake fluid." Sure as hell, it took a whole (small) bottle to fill, and we havent had an issue with that since. Check your brake fluid.

• @FunCycle, we had the same symptoms in the Traverse, and when we had the codes read, it said "low brake fluid." Sure as hell, it took a whole (small) bottle to fill, and we havent had an issue with that since. Check your brake fluid.

It is full, Changed all of the pads a while back and checked the level, light went off for a little while and came right back on. I have been working on my own cars and motorcycles and built a few cars since I was 14. I just do not do computers or electrical/electronics any more.

• 2012 Equinox here with a four cylinder all of them use oil (they sent a letter out) just turned 100,000 miles check engine light has been on since way before warranty went out (could not or would not fix) ABS light goes on and off and the satibility (skid mark light) stays on all of the time. All of this since about 20,000 miles. Other that that no problems and runs good. It belongs to Brenda, you could not give me one.

GM had some issues with the Equinox after the body style change. We have near 32K on our 2015 4 cylinder, FWD. Hope I don't jinx us but Zero issues, no lights, no funny sounds, starts and runs as we thought it would. ZERO oil usage, (Mobil 1) along with nothing weird with anything. Only oil changes with filters, tire rotations, and fill ups. Had it since 7,400 miles. I'd take off to anywhere in the continent without worry about the vehicle. Perhaps I'm naive... but I think I have a good one. Just checked the mileage tonight, just a tad over 25 MPG, and she only works 6 blocks from home.To be fair, most of the miles were not to and from work, but I can't complain.

Disclaimer, last time I stepped out like this, was about the fact that my SS leaked on the floor of the garage right after I got it, and both Harleys ( 2005 and 2012) hadn't ever. Within a few weeks, her bike developed a leak. May the mechanical Karma be gentle.....