Home security

• I know some of you guys or girls have one of those ring doorbells. You know the ones that are linked to your phone and take a pic and you can talk through. Interested in your review of them or any alternatives out there. My wife wants one. I deliver for UPS and I see them alot on houses.

• I have the Kuna. Bought it at Sam’s for less than Amazon. About $135. Outside light fixture with motion sensor and camera. Light comes on, it records about 20 seconds back, has a voice message, and rings a doorbell on my phone. I can look at a live picture ant time also. Clear pics of anyone coming to front. I will eventually get a complete surveillance system but this has done a very good job so far.

• I know some of you guys or girls have one of those ring doorbells. You know the ones that are linked to your phone and take a pic and you can talk through. Interested in your review of them or any alternatives out there. My wife wants one. I deliver for UPS and I see them alot on houses.

I've had one for as long as I can remember. You press the button and it rings, and you let off the button it stops.

I know, you really need me during the holidays, right?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have the Ring spotlight cam. I paid the $33 for their cloud service and everything seems to work pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the infrared camera at night. With the porch light on it's light enough the daylight cam should work.

I have the Ring Pro(wired 1080p version) on front door and the stick up cam on the rear/side door at home and have the Ring 1gen at the cabin.

Overall I have nothing but praises for them, specially need to commend them on their after sale customer support and the quick updates(security patches), personally I would not use any off brand regardless of price mainly because of security reasons.

My one and only gripe with them is with the Gen 1 doorbell and how trigger happy it is when it comes to motion sensing but those are being phased out, definitely would not buy a gen 1 regardless of price but the pro and any other Gen 2 are great and have a grid that you can set as far as activation based on motion.

Also when you compare them to equivalent service from comcast($39.99/ month) for video monitoring the $100.00/year for all these seems like nothing and it includes free replacement if they ever get dmg or stolen.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I told you I didn't take your newspaper!

Hey @BryanL. I noticed the daytime video started with the mail truck at the end of your driveway and I assume traffic passing by doesn't trigger the camera. Is that a setting you are able to control and adjust? What does the cloud system provide and is that annual? Thanks Bro!

Mailman with no uniform. Hmmmm.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Hey @BryanL. I noticed the daytime video started with the mail truck at the end of your driveway and I assume traffic passing by doesn't trigger the camera. Is that a setting you are able to control and adjust? What does the cloud system provide and is that annual? Thanks Bro!

Depends on the "camera" that you have, the Ring Pro has a Grid that helps you choose how far/near something has to be before they trigger the camera, works quite well for avoiding false positives.

Here is a video that shows how it works.

Yep, the motion detection is fully adjustable like the video @Neosolidus posted. The downside with Ring is you have to use their service for video storage. The price isn't too bad at $33 a year per camera, but it would be nice to be able to save it our own hard drive. Their cloud storage holds video for 60 days.

• Yep, the motion detection is fully adjustable like the video @Neosolidus posted. The downside with Ring is you have to use their service for video storage. The price isn't too bad at $33 a year per camera, but it would be nice to be able to save it our own hard drive. Their cloud storage holds video for 60 days.

As far as price you can choose the 100/year and covers all the cameras that you have at one location(home) I know it covers at least 3 for sure and includes free warranty for life as well as free replacement if your camera gets stolen or damaged.

Anyone who has looked into ADP,Comcast or any other type of surveillance company can tell you that 100/year for unlimited cameras is nothing, that is like less than 3 months of service with one of the other guys.

• For anyone that already has a Vivint security system, they have doorbell cams now. We upgraded our system to it and it works great. Records to alarm panel and is viewable on the app.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Been doing some research today and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Ring options. Three flood lights and a doorbell should do the trick. And maybe an indoor camera in the shop.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I have a 8 camera system that records to a networked DVR. The name of the system is funlux and it uses the zmodo app. I also have two pitbull mixes and assorted firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info