would you - could you

• Just for giggles, this car is supercharged with 6 pounds of boost. Other than that it is stock. How do you think it would fair on a road track against the Slingshot?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Needs a lot more tires for starters and refere to @TravAZ track day video with the Hennesy Viper

The Triumph needs more tires or a slingshot would need more?

As to TravAZ's video I have seen them and it is impressive but I am interested in how you think a stock Slingshot would do

Stock the Triumphs had about 104 bhp. I dont know what 6 lb of boost would bring that up to also the Triumph weighs about 2250 pounds

• The Triumph needs more tires or a slingshot would need more?
    As to TravAZ's video I have seen them and it is impressive but I am interested in how you think a stock Slingshot would do

Stock the Triumphs had about 104 bhp. I dont know what 6 lb of boost would bring that up to also the Triumph weighs about 2250 pounds

Don't know about straight-line, but someone who knows what they're doing in a stock Sling would out-corner that Triumph and leave them in the rearview.

And to be clear, that "someone who knows what they're doing" is not me. :P

• it might help to add that this particular TR 4A is not one of the ones with independent rear suspension this one has a solid rear axle

• With the right tires and driver, I am sure it would do pretty dang good. For a lot of vehicles (especially older), it comes down to if the vehicle can take the abuse of being pushed hard lap after lap at the track.

I have broken/lost turbo bolts, exhausts, oil caps, sway bar links, etc. etc. If you want to go fast, you have to have a lot of faith in your machine and expect something to break at some point.

And, you need a tire fund...

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• I agree with @SlingLow, it's a fine looking machine! However, I had a close friend that had a yellow one just like this. I drove it many times (although there's not much room for a 6'4" guy in there!). Even if the HP was doubled, it wouldn't match a stock Slingshot for power to weight ratio, although it would be close. These cars handled really well for the age, was similar to driving a go cart. With 6 pounds of boost, I'd guess at best this has 160-175 HP, if that. I don't think it could hang in the straights, and even with good tires on both this and the Sling, I don't think it could hang in the turns quite as well if the drivers are equal in ability. That said, I also don't believe they would be far back in your rear view mirror.

I do believe it would be as much fun to take around the track though! Going fast in something that's over 50 years old is a very different challenge than what we have on three wheels today! A good comparison would be the SS is a scalpel, and this is a slightly dull broad ax. Both with cut you with ease, but needs a different approach!

• Before the SlingShot i restored a Triumph Spitfire. Of the two Triumphs the Spitfire would be the better handling of the two. Based on this and the resent track day I will have to give the win to the SlingShot hands down.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The TR4 handled about as well as my Midget. Both were fun autocross vehicles. The 4 had more power but it was not a high powered vehicle by any stretch of the imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• You did what to a midget? BTW, they prefer to be referred to as "little people." We need to get you some sensitivity training. :00008172:

Blew its little engine to bits. ☹️. It wiz ugly....

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• The TR4 handled about as well as my Midget. Both were fun autocross vehicles. The 4 had more power but it was not a high powered vehicle by any stretch of the imagination.

Tr4 & 4a are around 104 bhp stock. the motor was originally designed as a tractor motor. From what I understand it is a strong motor that holds up well to mods and boosting