• Is the top speed in the Slingshot limited by the ECU?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Physically around 140mph for me couldn't get any more out of it. I don't know why but I would have tried to max it out. What happens happens. :D:thumbup:

#7Cities1Party....Sun's Out Slingshot's Out.... :thumbup::SLRSS:

• No. Dyno results show that the ECM will not limit top speed. The machine's gearing will allow it to go over 180mph on a dyno with no other factors slowing it down.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• The stock ECU limits you to 130 on the speedo. FYI! If you get even close to that and you don't have a good relationship with your dealership, they will report the "overspeed" to polaris as it comes up as soon as they plug your sling into their service computer. Most won't really care, but you never know. Those of us with Turbos and Superchargers are limited by the redline on 4th gear. 5th gear is useless, even with TC/SC. Physics come to play for most everyone (with the exception of a couple here that can still get their slings to push in 5th or even 6th gear). I've personally seen 142 (phone GPS), but that was ideal conditions with the wind gods not hindering me, but again, 5th gear at those speeds is useless other that to MAYBE maintain the speed for a bit, but it will eventually start to slowly decrease as it tries to push this barn through the wind. I've never tried it without the top so maybe someone without a top might have different results. There's some more chatter about top speeds on other threads on this forum.

• The stock ECU limits you to 130 on the speedo. FYI! If you get even close to that and you don't have a good relationship with your dealership, they will report the "overspeed" to polaris as it comes up as soon as they plug your sling into their service computer.

Dude! We gotta get your own tin foil hat! :00008172: (Think it'd get through Customs? :P )

Thanks for the laugh, man. I realize that was tongue-in-cheek. I needed the laugh.

• My 5th gear pulls like a mule.....At 14psi I can gain ground in 5th just fine. However the freaking steering gets so light and figity at 125 to 130 that I have always backed out of mine. A few times on I-22 I topped tick over 135 on the speedometer. The side fenders would have to come off to really push this brick much faster.

As far as stock goes .... Wasn't there a 165mph cutoff on the ecu.

• My 5th gear pulls like a mule.....At 14psi I can gain ground in 5th just fine. However the freaking steering gets so light and figity at 125 to 130 that I have always backed out of mine. A few times on I-22 I topped tick over 135 on the speedometer. The side fenders would have to come off to really push this brick much faster.

As far as stock goes .... Wasn't there a 165mph cutoff on the ecu.

I was told when I first got this thing (by the service folks) that it was limited to 130. I had tried to "see what she's got" on a couple of occasions prior to the TC and when I took it in for the steering issue, the tech came and told me (with a smile on his face) "you've been running fast haven't you? The ECU stores your top speed and we're supposed to report it to Polaris. I'm not, of course, but just letting you know that. Just in case you ever take it somewhere else. It was the first thing that popped up when I plugged in your slingshot to our computer".
    but... WTF do I know. I just report what was told to me ?(

• seems the answer isnt as clear cut as I thought it would be - - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have never heard of the 130 mph limit and have never had a dealership plug into mine and comment on me going over 130 mph. It is funny what different dealerships/techs will say. ;)

Mine didn't pull that hard in 5th gear at around 8lbs of boost, but at 13psi it would pull hard up to who knows how fast. At the last track event I was shifting into 5th around 5,000rpms and running it up to around 140mph on certain laps. Too hard to tell how fast you are really going, but my machine feels really stable even at those speeds.

Personally, my only fear is blowing another motor by holding it down in 5th gear for 30-90 seconds. It has to be really hard on it with the resistance and buildup of heat...

• I would say the answer has been pretty clear since October 10th, 2015. Thanks to Daniel in CO.

You can stop debating the top speed of the Slingshot, it's been reached thru a VERY long dyno pull in an NA unmodified and untouched Slingshot. The brave man who did it, evaporated along with the rear bearing. Now we need to figure out how to get rid of all this air and friction.

Thread - http://www.slingshotforums.com…eed-reached-184-mph.9012/

• The rev limiter is set to kick at 125 in 5th gear...
    Supposedly you can then down shift to 4th for higher speed.

So what does Polaris do when they find out you’ve been speeding...drop your warranty?

You are wrong. A rev limiter is just that - it prevents exceeding a set rpm limit - it has absolutely NOTHING to do with speed. There is NO WAY we are hitting that rpm limit at 125 in 5th. Please re-read the thread... :00008862:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014