• Who want to put this to rest? I am willing to shift into 5 at 130mph and see what happens out here in the desert. Taking applications for a passenger to hold a cell phone steady... ;)

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Ya'll did notice that he put a comma after the "120," so recon when Paul Harvey will be along to tell the rest of the story?
    He's never been over 120,,,,,,,,in second gear
    He's never been over 120,,,,,,,,in reverse
    He's never been over 120,,,,,,,,on his drive way
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't believe there is much accuracy in the stock speedo after the 120 mark. At the track some drives came track thinking they were doing 140+ but the GPS and timing software showed 126mph to 131mph and that was on a straight away coming out of a 90mph turn with Superchargers and Turbos.

Ya'll did notice that he put a comma after the "120," so recon when Paul Harvey will be along to tell the rest of the story?

How many people would have caught that. I have ran 5 or 6 miles in fifth gear to see how fast the Sling would go, I am thinking 105 mph was as fast as it would go. I have had the cruise set at 100 mph many times on the inter state with no problems.

• Ya'll did notice that he put a comma after the "120," so recon when Paul Harvey will be along to tell the rest of the story?

If you notice, he doesn't say MPH. He's probably never WEIGHED over 120

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Talking about speedometer readings.....

My SS was born as a plainjane...the dealer upgraded it to an SL....with bigger wheels and info center....

So did the 2” in size tire jump change my speedo and if so would the dealer recalculate it?

My SS was born as a plainjane...the dealer upgraded it to an SL....with bigger wheels and info center....

So did the 2” in size tire jump change my speedo and if so would the dealer recalculate it?

Same here, SL wheels on a base...Yes it does change the speedo about 1.5 mph off. Dealer can change that parameter in a couple of minutes. Local dealer did it for me and then tried to charge me $150. As I watched the tech have the Sling less than 15 minutes of which most was moving it back and forth and hooking it up, I argued the bill and got it down to 50 bucks.

• Same here, SL wheels on a base...Yes it does change the speedo about 1.5 mph off. Dealer can change that parameter in a couple of minutes. Local dealer did it for me and then tried to charge me $150. As I watched the tech have the Sling less than 15 minutes of which most was moving it back and forth and hooking it up, I argued the bill and got it down to 50 bucks.

That is still really steep. The local dealer here only charges $15 to do the swap in digital wrench.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

If the dealer did the wheel upgrade they should have changed the speedo with digital wrench.

• Driving turnpike everyday and people pissing me off driving in the left lane I have pushed it quite a few times to pull out of the cluster f... Most I ever got out of her was 138 I could not push any harder to get any more. But it was as stable as 90mph which is normal cruising speed. That is if the spedo is correct.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Driving turnpike everyday and people pissing me off driving in the left lane I have pushed it quite a few times to pull out of the cluster f... Most I ever got out of her was 138 I could not push any harder to get any more. But it was as stable as 90mph which is normal cruising speed. That is if the spedo is correct.

Stock motor?

• Stock motor?

Yes stock motor, just headers custom exhaust and intake. nothing fancy and BTW I didnt have the top back then. Windshield and top does cause some drag and mpg reduction I have noticed.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: