Truck Too Smart ????

• I haven't had any of those problems in my 1994 Chevy Z71 extended cab! Shoot, it doesn't even have a key fob, that started in 1995! :00008356::00008172: Not sure what the shutoff on the top end is, but it will top 100 MPH. It may need a long stretch of road though.... still it does everything I need it to do and has never let me down.

• Did I tell that I did own a Ford at one time, I just about stole it from a guy and used it to haul dirt bikes. Sold the truck when I got rid of the bikes. I also own a 35 Ford but everything under the body is Chevy.

Sounds like my 37'Ford Coupe (Street Rod) built ford tough with Chevy Stuff!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I've owned several Fords over the years. MY 2013 Ford Edge will probably be the last Ford I ever buy. For the last several months, I've been dealing with a door open switch that tends to report that the door is ajar. I've sometimes opened and shut the door so many times in a single session that I get fed up and just drive with the damned switch saying the door is open (it's not). What frustrates the He.. out of me is that instead of using a simple switch (easily replaced) mounted to the door frame, Ford decided to mount the damned switch inside the door just above the door lock mechanism. With the interior lights on, backing up at night is a PITA since you can't see out the rear window. Once you start moving, the interior lights eventually go off, although the warning alarms come on if you make a stop. Once you start moving, the vehicle eventually decides to lock the doors. Also, since the doors won't lock when the switch says the door isn't shut properly, anybody can open a door, potentially placing children at risk from playing with the door handle or risking the safety of someone seeking security inside a locked vehicle only to find the damned door won't lock. Since the switch is mounted inside the door, it reportedly costs around $400 to replace the damned switch. Evidently, Ford has been aware of the problem for several years, yet maintains it is not a problem. Ford may have saved a few dollars or cents redesigning the switch to fit inside the door, but the additional cost to replace it means I'll never buy another Ford since I regard the design decision as a clear sign of lack of concern for the customer. Some folks have also complained about the interior lights not shutting off after as trip and their battery going dead. Of course Ford feels that is the customer's problem, not a result of a shitty design decision.

• @BKL We love our 2013 edge nothing ever like that with ours.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The problem started around 60-65K miles. Some folks speculate that the switch gets dirt and grease in it and then malfunctions. Spraying some cleaner/degreaser into the switch is a common fix attempt and usually works for a while, but Ford still charges around $250 to "fix" it and the problem usually comes back. During warmer weather, it doesn't seem to act up very often so I've been reluctant to take it back to the dealer from whom I ought it, but during cooler weather, the switch seems to malfunction multiple times per day. I purchased an extended warranty because of the electronic instrument display and I hope it also covers the door switch. Turns out folks have been complaining about various Ford door switches going back to at least 2005. I used to spend time opening and closing the door and starting the engine until the damned switch worked properly, but eventually learned that I could indeed drive with it malfunctioning and it would eventually lock the doors. Here's a link to the description on Fordproblems.com - Door Ajar Light Won't Shut Off | Ford Problems.
    If they had kept the switch in the door frame, I could have easily fixed it in just a few minutes. I just really get riled up by design decisions that might save the manufacturer a few cents during assembly, but end up costing an absurdly large amount to fix later on. As far as I am concerned, decisions like that reflect poorly on the manufacturer and tell me they really don't give a crap about their customers.
    When the darned switch works properly, I actually enjoy driving the Edge. I've even gotten spoiled using Voice Command for selecting songs or cell phone calls. That's a feature I'd like on all my vehicles.