Helping Our Own

• Thank you sir,.. I'll use this in another thread! ;)

WOW! @Slingshot Garage and @SundreSlingQueen,... our worlds or lives are not that far apart. Merry Christmas, God bless and stay safe. This always makes me smile, even if it's just for a few minutes. Wish I had the guts to do this!

• Wow... Just wow @Shatneyman!

You're like a Slingshotinfo.com Batman... Waiting in the shadows, watching and just being too cool (with a dark side, we're all wondering about, and eager to help with if/when you let your shield down)...

Just wow... Know that we are here for what you might need because we know you are here too! ;(

• and eager to help with if/when you let your shield down)...

Thanks bud, but the shield I have is one you wear. Not sure how long I'll have it. It's hard to put down. After 20 years it's the only thing I know. Just need some time. Merry Christmas God bless and stay safe

• Thanks bud, but the shield I have is one you wear. Not sure how long I'll have it. It's hard to put down. After 20 years it's the only thing I know. Just need some time. Merry Christmas God bless and stay safe

Yes sir... I can only imagine... Godspeed to you, your family, and all loved ones. Thank you for your service and all that you do. Much respect.

But also know that there are willing ears to listen (myself included)...

• There are no words to express how I feel about this and how we support our own. It took me 10 minutes just to type this.

I understand, felt the same, but couldn't read what I was typing.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Y’all can breathe a collective sigh of relief... my dangerous escape has come to an end. Not only am I being extremely well behaved on bedrest- I’m Packing up today, in preparation for a long separation from the boys- at a tough time of year.

Thanks to all of you- I’m getting to leave with the greatest gifts- hope and peace of mind. The mortgage payment is here, there’s a desperately needed new mattress on the way for the teenager, some Christmas gifts for the boys should arrive any day and Mark has orders to keep him busy in the shop. This morning he is ordering some Slingshot clothes thanks to @Shatneyman, which is helping to cheer him up from the news of me leaving. Even more stark than all of that, is the light emanating from your love, prayers and messages that seem to come right when we fall back into fear. It forces us to dry our tears and face this thing head on. You don’t just ease the pain, you take us all the way to joy and laughter (you are definitely a funny bunch!). My apologies for keeping you trapped on the phone when you call me- I LOVE to talk...

The hope now is for a miracle for the Baby- that I won’t split open before at least 34 weeks, actually that I won’t at all!!! And that Mark is visiting so he can be there. There are no words that could possibly encompass how grateful we are for each and every one of you and what you have done and continue to do to support our family through this. Please know that You gave us so much more than Christmas...

Sending you all our love,
    Mark, Shawna, Izak, Milez, Diezel, Daizy & Dozer Brackley.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• awesome photos miss the shares from you guys - I suppose we can wait a little bit longer for more great news about a new little addition - I'm sure you will want to name him Ross

Mark - I'm going to need some SlingLenz in Wisconsin Badger style - let me know when it works best for you

Thanks for helping make our Christmas merrier

• Just want to give the fam an update here. Lots been going on in the past few days or so.

Shawna has been ordered back to Calgary by the doctors. She is living at the hospital, or rather, the Ronald McDonald house across the street, for now. The docs are giving her some latitude, but there is a chance that the situation may progress to where she is living at the hospital eventually if they need to keep a closer eye on her. So, she is separated from the family during the week, although Mark intends to take the boys up to see her on weekends and such, and since they are in their last few days of school before they go on Christmas break, at least the next couple of weeks shouldn't be as bad.

So, Mark is running everything at the house. There's less stress because Shawna is where she needs to be, but more stress because he's doing everything at the house and falling behind. He has a neighbor who is willing to help with the campground here and there if he runs up to Calgary - good news is, there seem to be some folks coming into the campground, and there's a chance that the winter workers (oil fields, utilities, etc) will start coming back after the new year, so he may have a bit of an income stream coming soon. We can only hope. Anyway, he also has some neighbors in town who have told him that if he has to run to Calgary in a hurry (like if Shawna starts to go into labor), that they will cover the kids for him. So that's some stress off his back. He said he doesn't need help with meals, either.

So his days are just running around like crazy trying to do everything the kids need, plus keep the campground running, and he's also going to try to keep up as best he can with the Slingshot Garage stuff. He's going to bring orders to Calgary with him on weekends, for Shawna to pack up and ship out. If you order anything, just please be patient, as right now we have no idea how long some of this may take.

So, what can we still do? If you have been calling or texting him, please keep it up. He still feels isolated and a little lonely, and just hearing from other adults is a huge lift for him. If you are inclined to send them a Christmas card or similar, you can send it to the house.

I have the address for the Ronald McDonald house where Shawna is staying. No idea if she can receive mail there, but I'm going to try. If anyone else wants to send her a note to cheer her up, the address is:

Shawna Brackley
    Ronald McDonald House
    111 West Campus Place NW
    Calgary, AB T3B 2R6
    Canada

Or, you can send to the house and Mark said he will deliver to her when he goes to visit, which will be pretty much every weekend.

I've had a couple other PMs for information, so if you want to ask specific questions about what they might need or other little ideas you have, don't hesitate to drop me a line if you want to talk about it.

More to follow, I'm sure.

• Hi Mark @Slingshot Garage hope this message finds you well , We,re all praying for you now ! Five months ago we had started into a conversation where you mentioned you would like to discuss some business opportunities, then I found it strange you simply went quiet, disappeared, I now know why and understand completely . If theres any further way I can help, in marketing or manufacturing, please reach out to me when the time is right for you. My little website is a mere drop in the bucket of aftermarket Slingshot products but I am getting traffic daily now from all over the Continent . If you think additional marketing may benefit your efforts (when the time is right for you and Shawna) Please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be only to honored to list your products and try and build sales for your wonderful products, for this I would ask no commissions , the remuneration of just knowing Ive helped would warm my soul in more ways than I can explain here.

• Hi Mark @Slingshot Garage hope this message finds you well , We,re all praying for you now ! Five months ago we had started into a conversation where you mentioned you would like to discuss some business opportunities, then I found it strange you simply went quiet, disappeared, I now know why and understand completely . If theres any further way I can help, in marketing or manufacturing, please reach out to me when the time is right for you. My little website is a mere drop in the bucket of aftermarket Slingshot products but I am getting traffic daily now from all over the Continent . If you think additional marketing may benefit your efforts (when the time is right for you and Shawna) Please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be only to honored to list your products and try and build sales for your wonderful products, for this I would ask no commissions , the remuneration of just knowing Ive helped would warm my soul in more ways than I can explain here.

:!:<3:thumbsup: @kev you are a champ IMO just for offering. Again the proof is in the pudding we belong to the best Forum Family.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• @sideseatdriver Haven't seen or heard anything on how things are going for our Canadian friends??? Any update??

Shawna has been in Calgary since just before Christmas, but staying across the street at the Ronald McDonald house instead of at the hospital. Being there has allowed her to have visitors, spend some time with her kids, and have Mark be able to visit occasionally. It's 90 minutes away from home. They've missed a lot of time together, but the baby is doing really well, and everyone is hanging in there. Another couple of weeks, I think.

• Shawna has been in Calgary since just before Christmas, but staying across the street at the Ronald McDonald house instead of at the hospital. Being there has allowed her to have visitors, spend some time with her kids, and have Mark be able to visit occasionally. It's 90 minutes away from home. They've missed a lot of time together, but the baby is doing really well, and everyone is hanging in there. Another couple of weeks, I think.

Thanks for the update.

• Thanks Jared! Baby & I are doing better than any of the doctors expected. Hoping to make it one more week, so baby’s bone marrow has more of a fighting chance at birth. We miss home but have been kept afloat from all the love from afar!

Mark is not doing as well at all. I’ve never seen him this low. He’s exhausted all his coping mechanisms and is in a dark place. Isolation and loneliness isn’t helping either. I can’t get home soon enough! The boys popped in for a short visit today- the last before baby. Can’t wait until we’re a family again. Thank you so much for thinking of us... we love you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Lots of love and prayers being sent to you, baby and family from 'South' of the boarder.