Helping Our Own

• Donation sent

Early Happy Birthday @Slingshot Garage!!

I'm headed for Italy tomorrow.....so limited access to internet....

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• According to the old tv show Quantum Leap, alcohol relaxes the muscles enough stop early contractions. Tell Mark to load up on tequila in case this happens again. I'm sure Shawna wouldn't mind poppin a few shots. :D

• Just to let everyone know, Mark made the 90-minute trip to Calgary today to surprise Shawna in the hospital, and literally 5 minutes before he showed up, she sent him a text and said "Guess what, they're letting me out, how soon can you be here?" So, needless to say she was thrilled to be out of there in a matter of minutes vice hours. She is home, doing well, and the family is back together and happy right now. Please keep praying for strength, good health, and an ultimately safe delivery.

• Just a little update for everyone. Had a 30 min phone call with Shawna this morning, and a few things that the crowd might be interested in:

- Shawna is doing much, much better, and back at home comfortably, continuing to prepare for her eventual readmittance to the hospital by actually packing a bag this time, getting things set with Ronald McDonald house, that sort of thing.

- With the campground closed for the year, and Shawna being so sick lately, she was worried they wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage in January. Your generous donations have enabled that to be taken care of, and then some. They will have a roof over their heads for another month.

- Those of you who have called or texted Mark with encouragement, please know that apparently it has picked him right out of his funk, and he is in much better spirits, running around taking care of Shawna and the family, and she said it is directly attributable to his phone absolutely blowing up with calls and texts from folks from the Forum. Just so you know.

- Since they were so quiet about the baby until recently (largely due to the high risk pregnancy), they haven't received any cards or words of encouragement or anything like that, and they have nothing in the house yet for a new baby, since their kids are 6 and 15. If any of you are inclined to send a card or write a letter or something, I would be happy to share their address offline, or their email address.

THANK YOU to everyone who has prayed, called, donated, or anything else for this family. They have been overwhelmed with life this year, and this is very much helping to pick them up and put them back on their feet.

• Well, @KayTwo stole some of my thunder, but I wanted to let you guys know that, because of your amazing generosity, we were able to send Mark and Shawna a touch over $2800. Thank you to everyone who contributed, you guys and gals are amazing!

• Well, @KayTwo stole some of my thunder, but I wanted to let you guys know that, because of your amazing generosity, we were able to send Mark and Shawna a touch over $2800. Thank you to everyone who contributed, you guys and gals are amazing!

That's awesome, way to go Forum members!
    @sideseatdriver thanks for doing all the logistics and keeping EVERYONE informed. O, and you too @KayTwo

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Physical address for snail mail (cards, letters, baby gifts, etc):

Mark & Shawna Brackley
    Wagons West RV Park
    Box 8 Site 19 RR1
    Sundre AB TOM 1XO
    Canada

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• As requested by @SundreSlingQueen, this is a copy and paste of her earlier post in another thread.

I don't know where I should post this, as "gift" seems to be the understatement of the year. If there is another thread somewhere, please copy this link... it's too big for a forum post lol!

A Neuro-Typical Girl in an Autistic Boy's World: Hope...

My heart is full and words cannot express the gratitude from our family to yours. May each and every one of you be as blessed as your thoughts, prayers, calls, messages and generosity have blessed us.

Thank you so very much.

Shawna, I hope you read this thread all the way through, and see how many people were a part of this. This is an amazing group we have gathered here, no question. We are all honored to be part of this thread and this effort.

• This, along with @SundreSlingQueen 's original post, is a most humble reference to the article in the link.... a link that everyone that helped them needs to read! I'd go so far as to say everyone on the forum that finds the link. Powerful words by one of our own, opening up her heart and soul on some things that must have been difficult to do. Shawna, I don't know you personally, but I thank you for writing this blog. You also made my eyes rain.... darn allergies anyway!

I will be lifting you, Mark, and your family up in prayer!

• This, along with @SundreSlingQueen 's original post, is a most humble reference to the article in the link.... a link that everyone that helped them needs to read! I'd go so far as to say everyone on the forum that finds the link. Powerful words by one of our own, opening up her heart and soul on some things that must have been difficult to do. Shawna, I don't know you personally, but I thank you for writing this blog. You also made my eyes rain.... darn allergies anyway!
    I will be lifting you, Mark, and your family up in prayer!

Well said, brother.

• @Slingshot Garage, @SundreSlingQueen
    Mark and Shawana,
    Your families ability to find ways to see the light through the darkness is inspirational. It reminds me those around us are the true blessings in our existence and that we can gain hope and strength through them when we are challenged.
    May the blessings forever be with you and your family.

• Undoubtedly one of the most well-written, thought provoking, soulful blog post I’ve ever read. I’m honored to be a part of this group. No, this family.

From Texas, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. Sling On!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.