Helping Our Own

• Ladies and gentlemen,

I know I spoke my rather long and wordy piece earlier, but in have one more thing to share with the family, based on new information this evening.

You see, I just got off the phone with Mark this evening, and I have more information than I ever wished I had about this. They are struggling with several aspects of life, some of them truly life-threatening, and all of them very overwhelming in a number of ways. The things they truly need we can't provide, like a sure future, time to heal and prepare for the next round of challenges, things like that. But hearing him talk tonight made me realize just how good I have it and how fortunate we are to be close to friends and have certain amenities available to us that we take for granted sometimes, and the money we raise *can* help with some of those things.

I wish I could do more. Thank you to each and every one of you who have given of yourselves and your own mod money to help a Sling family in need. I truly think we can, together, make the difference.

So.....do with that what you will. I just thought some folks would want to know.

• Maybe besides money if we can find a way to let them know we are all thinking of them and praying for them to pull thru.
    Not sure how best to do that lots of cards with support and warm wishes - something to help distract them from the daily challenges.
    I am sure if we put our heads together we can come up with a way to let them know they are not alone and have people who care and worry about them.

Any Thoughts

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Maybe besides money if we can find a way to let them know we are all thinking of them and praying for them to pull thru.Not sure how best to do that lots of cards with support and warm wishes - something to help distract them from the daily challenges.
    I am sure if we put our heads together we can come up with a way to let them know they are not alone and have people who care and worry about them.

Any Thoughts

Working on trying to find a way to get him back to feeling hopeful, useful, and give him some purpose...

• For those of you who have contributed, and those of you keeping the family lifted in your prayers, some marginally good news: things have improved slightly, there is a tiny bit of better news on the health front, and some of Mark's stress and grief appears to be receding ever so slightly. The prayers and phone calls are helping, folks, so please keep it up. The fund will remain open for a while longer for anyone else who desires to be part of it.

• Hey all. Things have changed in the last hour. Shawna is in active labor (3 min contractions for those who know/care), about 28 weeks in to the pregnancy. Working on finding out what we can now, but it appears they are at the local hospital and not the city one that they were planning on using. We will keep you updated as we can, but in the meantime, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

• Thanks for the updates @sideseatdriver!!! Dorene & I will keep them in our thoughts and prayers until instructed otherwise!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi