Luggage Rack

• From www.Slingmods.com @Slingking posted a video of a new set of luggage racks from www.AlphaPowersport.com ...

This is a slide show --- hopefully it works....

Talked things over with Georgia (wife) and she is going to try to do some overnight
    weekend 3/4 day rides. Going by my self would have enough space for 6 weeks,
    but add the girls and we need a little more. Order a week ago and installed today.
    And as I type this I realize that I should have done a couple of pics with the racks
    off the bike and just the brackets on outside. Maybe tomorrow I'll update.
    Looks better on my bike than Slingking's bike (his is a beautiful black but doesn't
    show the rack.) Like the design and size. Couple of medium bags on rack.

When not in use the 'racks' come off and all you see is the bracket on the
    roll bar.

Got some tweaking to do to figure it all out.

• i like it... if those were not so expensive... we'd have a set. Looking to see how our first packed trip to SSITS goes, and by the end of that trip we will see if that price feels any better. Have looked at motorcycle superstore and found those bags an option as well.

Looks good @EjFord!

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• i like it... if those were not so expensive... we'd have a set. Looking to see how our first packed trip to SSITS goes, and by the end of that trip we will see if that price feels any better. Have looked at motorcycle superstore and found those bags an option as well.

Looks good @EjFord!

The 'bags' I showed were some bags that we have had for some time. I'll spray them down with some water repellent and carry some plastic garbage bags to rape them in if necessary. The Raco racks are about the same price if you buy two of them. ---- History has taught me that motorcycle stuff ==== $$$$$.
    These $$$$ mean my best half will go with me on some weekend rides.

• Nothing makes us ole ladies happier than our hubbys wanting us near... :thumbup:
    We were looking at the saddlebag type that we could attach to the roll bars... its half the price for the slingmods... but... not being able to give it a once over before purchasing kinda leaves us wondering if the med size is sufficient and if the bags will rub on the paint...

@airoutlaw was looking at the bags last night, and I talked him out of it... Id like to see how a trip fares with the storage we got and save the dollars for another slingmod...lol packing light, and staying at a hotel with laundry facilities may just work. We shall see...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Nothing makes us ole ladies happier than our hubbys wanting us near... :thumbup:
    We were looking at the saddlebag type that we could attach to the roll bars... its half the price for the slingmods... but... not being able to give it a once over before purchasing kinda leaves us wondering if the med size is sufficient and if the bags will rub on the paint...

@airoutlaw was looking at the bags last night, and I talked him out of it... Id like to see how a trip fares with the storage we got and save the dollars for another slingmod...lol packing light, and staying at a hotel with laundry facilities may just work. We shall see...

Picked up two of these Sedici bags at Cycle Gear for $111 each. Velcro straps make it impossible for the bags to slip and touch any of the painted surfaces. Bags are pretty roomy. The picture shows the top portion scrunched down, because I don't have the rain gear shoved in yet. My wife actually likes them more than me...and I LOVE them. (Especially the price)

• looks good @Chubs, won't work with air wing... Gotta ask though, if you run into ran, mud or whatever.. what keeps your clothes from getting wet?

• looks good @Chubs, won't work with air wing... Gotta ask though, if you run into ran, mud or whatever.. what keeps your clothes from getting wet?

If you have a 'top' or 'air wing' I don't think the Alpha Rack will work either.
    Some have figured out how to attached luggage to the top frame.

• That would be a definite nope for me.... Not strapping luggage on top.. some ppl like Brussel Sprouts, some do not... Nope Nope...

• Choices --- some times to many!!!!!!! And one good one says NO to some others.

Start out by making a list that contains some of the things you consider important. Once you start looking at the different luggage systems, you will be able to narrow down the list quite substantially. The big thing...do your homework, first!!!

• Carol & i like this rack
    hope they will have it, and lots of them, at Maggie-Valley
    for now we are going to use our TourMaster Cruiser III (large)Bags to get there - they worked great last year to & from SSITS-2015

AND if we like & have the extra $, we can put our backs on that swell looking rack 4 the ride home

............................................ tom n carol