Luggage Rack

• yep. The frame of the top comes straight out even with the roll bar mounting brackets. A U shape cut to go around the frame would work... but that then leaves the bags to the flat suitcase type with limited height distance from base of rack to frame of top...

That's a pretty deep rack and it will hold a big case or duffel bay with out much trouble. Nice clean look with the rack off and slip on/off is seconds (after the first
    try of two)

• @EjFord

We will probably wind up with the slingmods racks before its all said and done... still I need to know, that theres an absolute NEED for it, like i cant survive without it kinda thing...lol 700+ dollars PLUS whatever matching bags.... im going to try to live without this one... but it may end up being as necessary as toilet paper.... X/

There are plenty of options out there for the luggage racks, just look at what other people have done and go from there.

• Reviving an old thread to ask if anyone knows who was doing the large single luggage rack? I'm wanting enough room to do a couple of bags and a small cooler.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Look at SlingMods and see what they have to offer and you could also look at the RIVCO luggage racks that are made for the Slingshot.

Thanks... everything I'm finding are the dual racks behind each roll bar. I'm looking for the one that sat above the fin and was the width of the whole back. There was a a guy jumping on it at SSITR 2017 on one of the rides.

• Thanks... everything I'm finding are the dual racks behind each roll bar. I'm looking for the one that sat above the fin and was the width of the whole back. There was a a guy jumping on it at SSITR 2017 on one of the rides.

To the best of my knowledge those were all 'one of kind' --- homemade. Very nice … but only one. several different ones.

• @Slingrazor has asked about a single rack to fit his Sling sans fin. My discussion with my fabricator (nephew Shawn) indicated that this is a possibility and we will explore it after I finish up a couple of current projects. This concept could also be adapted to work above the fin by altering the mount. Any golfers out there might be interested in this as well. It would not work with most of the existing tops except the MeanSling Sport Top since most tops extend behind the roll hoops. The more people that would like a setup like this, the lower I can get the price. Anyone else? No obligation, just give me a shoutout.

He's not jumping but here's Shawn at a solid 220 lbs standing on a single rack. They are stout - a comment many buyers make after receiving them.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thanks... everything I'm finding are the dual racks behind each roll bar. I'm looking for the one that sat above the fin and was the width of the whole back. There was a a guy jumping on it at SSITR 2017 on one of the rides.

Twist Dynamics offered one. Don't know if they still make it but can be found on their site using the search function with the term 'luggage rack'. 700 bucks and you may have to contact them direct to enquire status.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• @Slingrazor has asked about a single rack to fit his Sling sans fin. My discussion with my fabricator (nephew Shawn) indicated that this is a possibility and we will explore it after I finish up a couple of current projects. This concept could also be adapted to work above the fin by altering the mount. Any golfers out there might be interested in this as well. It would not work with most of the existing tops except the MeanSling Sport Top since most tops extend behind the roll hoops. The more people that would like a setup like this, the lower I can get the price. Anyone else? No obligation, just give me a shoutout.

He's not jumping but here's Shawn at a solid 220 lbs standing on a single rack. They are stout - a comment many buyers make after receiving them.

The FAB Factory and the United Performance Tops (Of which they are the same tops) are also clear of the back of the roll bars

• What would be neat is for @wyckedrich to design one that inserts into his hitch system at the rear and attaches to the back of the roll hoops via some quick connects to some permanent mounts. It could be somewhat triangle shaped like the area it would be covering and have a knotch out of the center front to allow for the hump. It could also employ a 3rd brake light that could be plugged into the same connector as the trailer uses. jes a thought

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• What would be neat is for @wyckedrich to design one that inserts into his hitch system at the rear and attaches to the back of the roll hoops via some quick connects to some permanent mounts. It could be somewhat triangle shaped like the area it would be covering and have a knotch out of the center front to allow for the hump. It could also employ a 3rd brake light that could be plugged into the same connector as the trailer uses. jes a thought

And a hole to fuel up without removal. A rack like @mytoy 's, without hoop attachments is a simpler option for reasonable loads. If you're in the hundreds of lbs., a trailer might be the better option.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• And a hole to fuel up without removal. A rack like @mytoy 's, without hoop attachments is a simpler option for reasonable loads. If you're in the hundreds of lbs., a trailer might be the better option.

If they would just raise our rack about two inches you would not need a hole or for it to swing out. You could refuel under it.

• If they would just raise our rack about two inches you would not need a hole or for it to swing out. You could refuel under it.

100% agree. A 2” receiver mounted to the roll bars would allow any number of racks for stuff and be high enough to not have to wire brake lights. And be cost effective for those of us using it once a year.

• 100% agree. A 2” receiver mounted to the roll bars would allow any number of racks for stuff and be high enough to not have to wire brake lights. And be cost effective for those of us using it once a year.

I misstated that, what I meant was to make another rack that would be two inches higher above the deck that @SlingLows and mine, then you could gas up with plenty of room under the rack.