Maggie Valley 2018 Who is coming May 29 thru June 3, 2018

• I was stopped by a state trooper just outside the fairgrounds in Maggie and got a very long lecture and warning for no helmet.
    Was also stopped in TN for no helmet - both states require helmets but it seems it is up to the LEO as to how they want to interpret the regulation

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I was stopped by a state trooper just outside the fairgrounds in Maggie and got a very long lecture and warning for no helmet.
    Was also stopped in TN for no helmet - both states require helmets but it seems it is up to the LEO as to how they want to interpret the regulation

^^^ The key being: LEO’S don’t want to be a-holes and stifle tourist dollars... BUT, don’t be an a-hole, cause they’re watching. wink-squared

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Some time ago while in the Slingshot headed west coming into TN from NC I was moving just a little fast than I should have and was approaching a car a mile or so ahead of me. All of a sudden some lights started flashing --- Somebody telling me I better NOT hit him in the rear end. I just back off and He kept on flying down the road. All was good.

• Got registered yesterday and already room booked just waiting for May. So glad I have @Bill Martin to lead me there. He said he wouldn’t follow me cause of some little ole snake that was in the road, tried to get in his SS, guess that it liked his music, kinda like one of those snake charmer. Y’all know he is a charmer or so Angie says!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I rode with @rabtech, @FunCycle, and @MACAWS, to name a few, back in 2016 at SSITS (i missed 2017). I just received an email from Ivor stating that all rides are done at "medium" speeds and that Rabtech doesn't lead any of them anymore. So are you boys planning on doing a few "alternate" runs at a more spirited pace, or just running in the existing ride groups at a more leisurely pace?

Thanks!
    Joe

• I rode with @rabtech, @FunCycle, and @MACAWS, to name a few, back in 2016 at SSITS (i missed 2017). I just received an email from Ivor stating that all rides are done at "medium" speeds and that Rabtech doesn't lead any of them anymore. So are you boys planning on doing a few "alternate" runs at a more spirited pace, or just running in the existing ride groups at a more leisurely pace?

Thanks!
    Joe

Joe

You are welcome to ride with us.
    We mostly plan our own rides departing from the Hotel Parking lot or wherever we have breakfast. Catch up with us at the hotel and we will let you know what we are doing. We are not much on advance planning mostly we decide the night before.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Thanks!
    Joe

I think I can answer for my friends, we will not be in any of the group rides. We will be doing our own thing in small groups, to be determined day by day at the event.

• Thanks for the response. Don't know if you remember from 2 years ago (I was there with my son), but I'll modestly say that I didn't slow you guys down. I'll catch up with you guys at the hotel. If it's a closed group, though, I'll understand.

• Thanks for the response. Don't know if you remember from 2 years ago (I was there with my son), but I'll modestly say that I didn't slow you guys down. I'll catch up with you guys at the hotel. If it's a closed group, though, I'll understand.

We don't close the group. However at times we come back with less that we started! I am sure that @Wrenchmn will be riding with his grandson so you won't e the only one with small person in the right seat. Wait I take that back Zack is taller than me. but you get what I mean.....See ya there.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Most of the time the group could change from day to day, you never know. But you would be more than welcome to join in.

• I dont lead a ride group. I just lead whoever wants to haul ass. I tell people that want to follow me to be ready to roll out at a certain time. No worries if your wanting to push it into the triple digits.

Same as last year. I will usually make two days of it. One that goes toward Deals Gap. And one that makes a long loop and crosses the Skyway.

I dont need a list made. Just ask around or find me. I will let everyone know what time to meet up and where. Most likely a place that has some tasty bacon..... :D

P.S. Please take all the pictures of trees, leaves, and foliage on the days before we ride. I don't much care to look at those things.......

• And remember, we do run fast but the biggest thing is the PACE. We wont leave anyone behind. So if you just keep a good pace you will catch up by the time we get stopped and open a bottle of water......

Each turn someone will wait for the last one in the line.

Just be careful and if you don't like to go pretty dang fast then you may not want to follow. I will tell you this...... You wont EVER see the speed limit. Well you will ,,,, as you pass by it on your way to 80 and 90....

• And remember, we do run fast but the biggest thing is the PACE. We wont leave anyone behind. So if you just keep a good pace you will catch up by the time we get stopped and open a bottle of water......

Each turn someone will wait for the last one in the line.

Just be careful and if you don't like to go pretty dang fast then you may not want to follow. I will tell you this...... You wont EVER see the speed limit. Well you will ,,,, as you pass by it on your way to 80 and 90....

Well... we’ll see if that fancy-pants, millennial anti-theft device of an automatic transmission, will help you any in the twists... cause this momma bear is slapping on a new 315 and thinks you’ll be seeing red... from my taillights! :POKESS:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Well... we’ll see if that fancy-pants, millennial anti-theft device of an automatic transmission, will help you any in the twists... cause this momma bear is slapping on a new 315 and thinks you’ll be seeing red... from my taillights! :POKESS:

You do know where my slingshot is tight now don't ya? It's a lot closer to your house than it is mine..... :D