Uneven rear tire wear

• Is there a thread on here that addresses uneven rear tire wear? My rear tire is noticeably more worn on the driver's side edge than the passenger's side. I have had the new swingarm installed, and a new rear axle with it because my old one was warped. I don't feel or hear anything in the rear when I'm driving that might attribute to the uneven wear....what might I be missing?

ETA: I do a lot of my driving with my QA1s set on "1," and just me in the Sling. Any chance the extra 200# weight on just one side would do it? Or is that stupid?

• I don’t remember the details of your “incident” a while back but did the wheel smack into anything solid (such as a curb)? If so, it may have tweeked your frame in the rear a little. This would cause a slight misalignment resulting in more wear on one side of the tire... God, I hope that didn’t happen!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I don’t remember the details of your “incident” a while back but did the wheel smack into anything solid (such as a curb)? If so, it may have tweeked your frame in the rear a little. This would cause a slight misalignment resulting in more wear on one side of the tire... God, I hope that didn’t happen!

Yes, there was a curb involved...

• I slid a 1970 Olds Cutlass around a corner in my younger days (tequila was the major contributor) & the left rear wheel hit a curb - it tweeked the frame & the car was never quite right after that but I still put another 75,000 miles on it. If all else is well, just factor in the cost of more frequent rear tire changes as the cost of having fun. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Is there a thread on here that addresses uneven rear tire wear? My rear tire is noticeably more worn on the driver's side edge than the passenger's side. I have had the new swingarm installed, and a new rear axle with it because my old one was warped. I don't feel or hear anything in the rear when I'm driving that might attribute to the uneven wear....what might I be missing?

ETA: I do a lot of my driving with my QA1s set on "1," and just me in the Sling. Any chance the extra 200# weight on just one side would do it? Or is that stupid?

It could be the alignment, sounds like it is crabbing. When if ever have you had a laser alignment?

Yeah, there was a curb, but only a divider curb in the middle of the road. It was low, and I slid up and over. The uneven wear is so minimal that I'm only seeing it now, as my rear tire wears down to the wear bars. @Dogs saw it yesterday, too.

I had heard it was normal... My original Kenda appeared to be wearing more on my side as well... :huh:

Did you have any trauma to the Sling while the stock Kenda was on it?

It could be the alignment, sounds like it is crabbing. When if ever have you had a laser alignment?

Never, and I really want/need to.

• Yeah, there was a curb, but only a divider curb in the middle of the road. It was low, and I slid up and over. The uneven wear is so minimal that I'm only seeing it now, as my rear tire wears down to the wear bars. @Dogs saw it yesterday, too.

Did you have any trauma to the Sling while the stock Kenda was on it?

Never, and I really want/need to.

My dealer charging $143 for the laser alignment. Just the redo after the Mall of Georgia screw up made a big difference this past week. I did the True Track when the SS was new to correct the Polaris factory alignment. The dealer had just made it worse.

• My dealer charging $143 for the laser alignment. Just the redo after the Mall of Georgia screw up made a big difference this past week.

Dealer here doesn't do it, but I've heard there's someone an hour or so SW of here who does. I have the info saved somewhere. I'll have to find it again.

• Dealer here doesn't do it, but I've heard there's someone an hour or so SW of here who does. I have the info saved somewhere. I'll have to find it again.

Performance Powersports Seneca, S. C. Toll Free 877-881-3339 They were the first in the area for the True Trak laser. They did mine to correct the Polaris alignment. Also the dealer in Concord N.C. had the True Trak, I do not remember the name

• Performance Powersports Seneca, S. C. Toll Free 877-881-3339 They were the first in the area for the True Trak laser. They did mine to correct the Polaris alignment. Also the dealer in Concord N.C. had the True Trak, I do not remember the name

@KayTwo, I purchased my Slingshot @ Performance in Seneca SC. I'd use them in a heartbeat to do my service. They have a top notch Service Dept.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• @KayTwo, I purchased my Slingshot @ Performance in Seneca SC. I'd use them in a heartbeat to do my service. They have a top notch Service Dept.

I made a special trip up there, just for the alignment and they treated me great. They are only about 15 miles from Hi Way 28 and that was my first trip for the twisties. Even though I had a time crunch 25 minutes up the mountain and turn around and come back