Steering Wheel - is bigger always better?

• I have a smaller than stock 320mm Momo Jet wheel with a Forever Sharp adapter and 1" spacer. On @2W2X1's advice I cut off the large plug next to the horn plug behind the hub and dremeled a hole in the adapter for the horn plug to recess it further. The result was to move the wheel forward 1 1/8" from stock.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• So from what I am reading, everyone likes the "D" steering wheels. Stock wheel is what... 14 inches OD I think... maybe 14.25". I see there is a 10" one by Momo, but wondering if that is too small. I have never felt comfortable with the stock one and not 100% sure why... just awkward to me. There are some 300mm (~12") out there too. Wondering at what point you go to small and then it's awkward again and or too hard to steer. Anyone out there with a 10" steering wheel?

I do acknowledge that I've had mostly trucks where you are sitting on a bench seat and arms are stretched outward a lot more. This is never going to drive like that, but want to make sure it feels right none the less. Hard to tell until you do it, but was hoping not to be buying 2-3 wheels to try.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• @SaltyClownNY, Like I mentioned I have the Assault D shape. Not sure on the diameter (guess 12-13" OD), but I'd not want it any smaller. It feels plenty small when I hit the twisties. Plus, much smaller in diameter and it would tend to block the gauges more. Mine is already starting to a bit, but not badly.

• The smaller you go the more effort it takes to turn it....you lose some leverage...that’s why I mentioned the quick turn kits....with the kit it requires less total wheel movement. Smaller movements gets bigger results..but it also makes it easier to over react....

• Each to their own regarding steering wheel diameter. With the EPS we have my small wheel, while not as easy to turn as the OE, does not take much effort. In my sports car racing (SCCA) days, I got used to small wheels and still prefer them.

• I also have a Demon Speed wheel. Very happy with it - both in its size and price. Regarding the visibility of guages, at least the speedo - I have a $40 gps type heads-up display which projects my speed onto the windshield.

That's kind of cool LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I have been running a smaller flat round 12 inch wheel attached to the NEG short adapter and quick release hub. Yes it does bring it about 1.5 inches closer than stock. I find in the really tight high speed turns having the wheel a little closer helps me be able to go lock to lock faster, or full turn without moving my hands. When I am further from the wheel I do a lot more repositioning of my hands to stay accurate in the high speeds.
    I am only 5 feet 9.5 inches with a 31 inseam.

• Got on Amazon.ca (when I was home in Nova Scotia), but surely it is available elsewhere.
    PS - I just found it on Amazon.com. Search “Hunt gold”. $45.81. Not Prime though.
    I glued a piece of the silicone sheets you can often get at flea markets (promoted to keep a cell phone from sliding around on your dash) on the bottom of the unit to keep in place. I have extra USB ports in my glove box to power up the HUD,dash cam, GPS and charge cell phone. Ran the various wires inside the dash to keep it neat.

• A few items popped up on Amazon for "project mph on windshield". Will have to look into them, but cool idea.