Hahn-style CAI install question

• Going to install CAI tomorrow, but slightly confused about the plenum that mounts over the throttle plate.
    Its got a clamp to tighten, a very thin o-ring, and another split aluminum ring.
    What is proper order for assembling these to throttle plate?
    My seller didn't include any install directions. I thought I watched a vid about this but now that I need it can't find it.
    any help appreciated. Want to have the proper idea before I start taking it apart.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Thanks, that's what I bought, but they have no instructions and all videos are gone. Was told to take it to a certified dealer if I didn't know what to do.

IIRC, I watched the video before I bought on October 22, when I finally got it on 11-21 video is now offline. :thumbdown:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

Edited once, last by flipr ().

• Will post instructions as soon as I locate them.
    Here's the first file -
    HAHN-CAI.pdf
    I'll add some additional info in a minute. Just need to do some cutting & pasting.
    Here are the Plenum install instructions from the Hahn Turbo installation instructions -
    Hahn Stage 2&2X Slingshot TurboSystem - Air Plenum Install.pdf
    A few general comments - DON'T forget to put some clean engine oil on the O-ring.
    Make sure the plenum is firmly attached to the throttle body and parallel with the seat rim on the TB. It should not make contact wit the hood. When I installed the CAI, the plenum tightened up nicely, but when I went to install the plenum that came with my Hahn turbo kit, the plenum didn't feel like it was firmly clamped to the TB. I had to replace the clamping bolt because I broke it trying tog e the plenum clamped tightly to the TB. I ended up using a fine metal blade that was just a little too thick to fit in the clamp ring gap and cut thru the opening to widen it just the width of the saw blade. I was then able to get the plenum solidly clamped to the TB. Try to keep the cut as perpendicular to the clamp ring as possible so that the mating clamping surfaces are parallel and don't want to slide past each other. I used my Rockwell BladeRunner X2 to keep the cut perpendicular, but a saber saw mounted to a cutting table would also work. If you need to cut using a a handheld saw, just try to be as careful with the cut as you can. Do not widen the gap more than the width of a fine metal saber saw blade as it didn't take much to get mine to fit tightly.
    Don't forget to insert the molding in the hole in the airbox before inserting the air tube. Silicone spray can make it easier to reattach the air sensor.
    Hope this helps.
    I usually check the forum several times per day, so if you run into a problem, post here of PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Edited 4 times, last by BKL ().