Anyone else waiting for shocks?

• Ok I’m trying to install my new QA1s and the bolt holes are an inch longer than the stock ones and I can’t get them in.

I can’t get the tire to go down low enough to make the holes.

Silly... you have to paint them orange before they will fit.

• All the wheels are off the ground....I was able to relax the springs all the way down and I finally got them on....but they are supposed to be factory set to the same ride height as the old ones.....so does the extra inch in length change my ride height?

• All the wheels are off the ground....I was able to relax the springs all the way down and I finally got them on....but they are supposed to be factory set to the same ride height as the old ones.....so does the extra inch in length change my ride height?

That is a question you might want to ask your significant other......

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• Guessing you didn't take a measurement of your ride height prior to removing the stock shocks. The new shocks may have been preset to ride height, but you should have noticed that they didn't have the weight of a Slingshot compressing the coil springs.

Been a while, but I think the fronts I mounted bottom first then walked the tops in. Rear was top mount first then bottom.

Other option is to mark threads and loosen spanner nuts then walk the spanner nuts back to markings.

But, you should measure ride height before swapping shocks and adjust as needed.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Too late now.....I watched the install video and the guy just swapped them like nothing....I should have known it wouldn’t go that way for me....the welter exhaust is going the same way...can’t get it in right either....

I’m used to shitty luck....

• About the only difference between the 2015 and the 2016 models...
    Battery size, forged wheels, and LE color.

Exhaust install... cooling line reposition, rear brake line at cross over member adjustment. Loose install, insuring depth of pipe in expanded pipe, proper routing with twist orientation.

That one inch too long is probably failure to attach flange to header...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Too late now.....I watched the install video and the guy just swapped them like nothing....I should have known it wouldn’t go that way for me....the welter exhaust is going the same way...can’t get it in right either....

I’m used to shitty luck....

Really not "Too Late" @Bigdog

I would put the stock shocks back on, put the Sling on the ground, and roll the it forward about 6 ft then back to it's original spot and take ride height measurements. Then re-install the QA1's. Once they are installed, put the Sling back on the ground, roll forward 6 ft. , then back to starting point and take ride height measurements. I think you can be within 1" of original ride height without worrying about alignment issues. Of course, you can do what you want, but I would have to do this for peace of mind, and it doesn't really take that long.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I’m going to tighten the header flange and take measurements from the end of that pipe to the “ y”pipe bracket to see if all the pipes are seated together enough....I’ll lay it out and put the pipes together and mark how far they go into each other...

I’m wondering if the pipe dope is screwing me up? It gets hard and dry almost immediately.

• Really not "Too Late" @Bigdog
    I would put the stock shocks back on, put the Sling on the ground, and roll the it forward about 6 ft then back to it's original spot and take ride height measurements. Then re-install the QA1's. Once they are installed, put the Sling back on the ground, roll forward 6 ft. , then back to starting point and take ride height measurements. I think you can be within 1" of original ride height without worrying about alignment issues. Of course, you can do what you want, but I would have to do this for peace of mind, and it doesn't really take that long.

if that inch won’t change the alignment, I’m not that concerned. That process will take several hours I really to want to revisit...LOL

Will backing off the spring adjustment spinner rings, change the ride height or just the ride?

• if that inch won’t change the alignment, I’m not that concerned. That process will take several hours I really to want to revisit...LOL
    Will backing off the spring adjustment spinner rings, change the ride height or just the ride?

Yes, adjusting the spanner rings is how you adjust the ride height. But just because the new shocks are about an inch longer without load, doesn't mean they will cause your ride height to be and inch higher once mounted.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I really don't understand why you had to mess with the height unless you wanted the sling lowered, installing the shocks on the sling should not take more than 15 mins if you are by yourself and 10 if you have help.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I watched this video several times and nothing went that smooth on my SS...and it appears that the scanner rings are exactly the same place as mine.... I could not push the wheel low enough to get the tops in.....he did it like he was pushing on jello...mine was like it was sitting on the ground...and all 3 wheels were off the ground.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tPk4iqc3NHo