Where are they now?

• You aren't wrong, Gerald, but with Navy promotions being held up for a few months by the bureaucracy (either Navy or Congress, not sure which), we made a difficult decision to work more and play less for a few months. It's going to eat into our free time for sure, as there is literally no weekend days off until the end of the summer, unless she calls out of work (which has repercussions) or I blow off a Reserve weekend (which I can't do). But we're working to keep some "us" time in there, maybe a couple of date nights per month, and once she finishes her student teaching in a couple months, she'll be able to be back home during the day, which will be nice for the kids (although they do love their grandfather, who is staying with us during the week for a while, and playing "nanny" for us while Heather is in school).

Those reserve weekend really do eat into family time. And annual tours eat up vacation time. Keep at it. All the BS is worth it when you hit the big 60. The military retirement really helps augment the social security. Believe you me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Those reserve weekend really do eat into family time. And annual tours eat up vacation time. Keep at it. All the BS is worth it when you hit the big 60. The military retirement really helps augment the social security. Believe you me...

True, but in my case, since I'm active, my retirement kicks in the day I pull chocks. When I say "Reserve weekend," that refers to my Reservists coming in to execute their drill weekend.

• Which makes it even funnier that you were admonished the other day to respect your elders...

WHAT?!? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? I WAS NOT AWARE OF TRIPOD BEING ADMONISHED OR A THREAD/DISCUSSION ABOUT ELDERS. DID I MISS IT? I KNOW I'M 25 THREADS BEHIND AT THE MOMENT, BUT GEESH! COULD SOMEONE STEER ME TO THAT POST? SERIOUSLY?

:whistling::P

• You aren't wrong, Gerald, but with Navy promotions being held up for a few months by the bureaucracy (either Navy or Congress, not sure which), we made a difficult decision to work more and play less for a few months. It's going to eat into our free time for sure, as there is literally no weekend days off until the end of the summer, unless she calls out of work (which has repercussions) or I blow off a Reserve weekend (which I can't do). But we're working to keep some "us" time in there, maybe a couple of date nights per month, and once she finishes her student teaching in a couple months, she'll be able to be back home during the day, which will be nice for the kids (although they do love their grandfather, who is staying with us during the week for a while, and playing "nanny" for us while Heather is in school).

Respect!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I actually somehow missed that whole thing. I saw when he sold the sling and that was it...

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• @funinthesun is here in Eureka Springs!

He is busy holding down the shade at various vendor tents ensuring the rest of us are spending our money wisely...

Yeah, I know, laughing my ass off too... but I managed to say that without cracking up!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I’m busy riding, riding on three while my Quad is getting new arteries. Good to be back in FL for the winter. EJ should be down soon and will have some riding with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Only one I know about is KayTwo - he had to go to Delaware for some Naval school giving up his command post in Greenville. You know he wants to be an Admiral - after school he has to go back to sea. Heather and kids weren’t gonna go at first but they are all in Delaware doing well. He doesn’t have time for us rooty poots anymore :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I’m busy riding, riding on three while my Quad is getting new arteries. Good to be back in FL for the winter. EJ should be down soon and will have some riding with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg we had to make some time adjustments....We will be down in late Feb.2021. See you than.

• Only one I know about is KayTwo - he had to go to Delaware for some Naval school giving up his command post in Greenville. You know he wants to be an Admiral - after school he has to go back to sea. Heather and kids weren’t gonna go at first but they are all in Delaware doing well. He doesn’t have time for us rooty poots anymore :00008172:

th?id=OGC.dfe2ee663fd786530e6cf405e34dca11&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fEV0cGckwbnRG8%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=zkNIds6ybbBnLtT9w1nhQ7Pds13FK4271dxdlAJiVkw%3d

• I text with Ross and Painter (at least in group texts) some, and spent time with both of them last Sept. Just heard from them both over the holidays. Both are well as far as I know. Painter did have the Covid back in January, and still has low function in one of his lungs. He still looks as acts the same, but gets out of breath easily if pushing himself.