Where are they now?

• I know @sideseatdriver is busy with school stuff... But how's it going? Reading less of you now... :whistling:

Awww, thanks for asking. The school stuff is going well. I'm in week 4 of 12 now, so moving through (have my second of 6 clinical supervisor observations today, although she's already told me that she thinks I'll be a good teacher). I also picked up a part time job on the weekends for more spending money, and we have added taekwondo to our list of evening activities, so I'm not ignoring y'all, I'm just super busy. :)

• Awww, thanks for asking. The school stuff is going well. I'm in week 4 of 12 now, so moving through (have my second of 6 clinical supervisor observations today, although she's already told me that she thinks I'll be a good teacher). I also picked up a part time job on the weekends for more spending Supercharger money, and we have added taekwondo to our list of evening activities, so I'm not ignoring y'all, I'm just super busy. :)

Fixed it for you.

• Awww, thanks for asking. The school stuff is going well. I'm in week 4 of 12 now, so moving through (have my second of 6 clinical supervisor observations today, although she's already told me that she thinks I'll be a good teacher). I also picked up a part time job on the weekends for more spending money, and we have added taekwondo to our list of evening activities, so I'm not ignoring y'all, I'm just super busy. :)

Don't forget life, there is more to it than a dollar bill.

• Don't forget life, there is more to it than a dollar bill.

You aren't wrong, Gerald, but with Navy promotions being held up for a few months by the bureaucracy (either Navy or Congress, not sure which), we made a difficult decision to work more and play less for a few months. It's going to eat into our free time for sure, as there is literally no weekend days off until the end of the summer, unless she calls out of work (which has repercussions) or I blow off a Reserve weekend (which I can't do). But we're working to keep some "us" time in there, maybe a couple of date nights per month, and once she finishes her student teaching in a couple months, she'll be able to be back home during the day, which will be nice for the kids (although they do love their grandfather, who is staying with us during the week for a while, and playing "nanny" for us while Heather is in school).

• You aren't wrong, Gerald, but with Navy promotions being held up for a few months by the bureaucracy (either Navy or Congress, not sure which), we made a difficult decision to work more and play less for a few months. It's going to eat into our free time for sure, as there is literally no weekend days off until the end of the summer, unless she calls out of work (which has repercussions) or I blow off a Reserve weekend (which I can't do). But we're working to keep some "us" time in there, maybe a couple of date nights per month, and once she finishes her student teaching in a couple months, she'll be able to be back home during the day, which will be nice for the kids (although they do love their grandfather, who is staying with us during the week for a while, and playing "nanny" for us while Heather is in school).

Jared

If you aren't available for date night tell the cookie monster I would be happy to take her out!
    Just has to promise to leave all her weapons home.

It is great you guys are doing what needs to be done but just remember you can't get back time lost. I Worked excessively when I got started and sometimes I think the price my family paid to high. I am doing my best now to make up for it but I missed so much of my kids growing up.

Just a few words from a not very wise man - with some regrets

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You aren't wrong, Gerald, but with Navy promotions being held up for a few months by the bureaucracy (either Navy or Congress, not sure which), we made a difficult decision to work more and play less for a few months. It's going to eat into our free time for sure, as there is literally no weekend days off until the end of the summer, unless she calls out of work (which has repercussions) or I blow off a Reserve weekend (which I can't do). But we're working to keep some "us" time in there, maybe a couple of date nights per month, and once she finishes her student teaching in a couple months, she'll be able to be back home during the day, which will be nice for the kids (although they do love their grandfather, who is staying with us during the week for a while, and playing "nanny" for us while Heather is in school).

Yea, I remember when I was an E-4 over 4 years I thought I had hit the big time, $500 a month and married. E=3 I think was $98 a month

• Jared
    If you aren't available for date night tell the cookie monster I would be happy to take her out!
    Just has to promise to leave all her weapons home.

It is great you guys are doing what needs to be done but just remember you can't get back time lost. I Worked excessively when I got started and sometimes I think the price my family paid to high. I am doing my best now to make up for it but I missed so much of my kids growing up.

Just a few words from a not very wise man - with some regrets

What Macaws said. I worked too much when my son was growing up. I did the best I could to play catch up, but the time lost is just that. With both of you working the extra, and putting aside some time along the way for each other, this too shall pass. Just be careful not to let it be the "normal", and continue it longer term. Can cause problems you never thought would ever happen.

And Mitch, I'd not worry a bit about the weapons. Between taekwondo and the ability to sling lead, anywhere around Heather is a safe space unless you are deemed to be the threat. I'd be much more concerned about the toys and accessories if I were you..... :00008084: