SlingShot Prices & Insurance

• I have noticed people discussng where to get the best price for a SlingShot and who to insure with. So I thought that it may be a good idear to start a thread that members can update with useful information.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I'll start with some European news.

Over in here in Europe we have not had any SlingShots imported after the 2016 models. At the time of posting this, all the European sites only list the 2916 models and the base model has never been avalible.

Some if the European sites have now removed all pricing information and so it is not possible to see what your new SlingShot should cost you.

The only information that is given out is on a few of the official Polaris sites, in a few countries.

This offers a finance deal for the SlingShot, at a total price of €30,000 approximately a little over $35,000 at today's exchange rates, for the 2016 model.

I wonder if the reason for removing prices is to now allow dealers to offer truly competitive prices, as they are now substantially higher than that of a year ago.

Dealer distribution is errtic, through Europe with only 3 different dealers, in the UK and Ireland but 20 in France, with a smaller population.

Well that's an update on what is happening here. Perhaps you would like to input some information about good deals and pricing that you may have seen.

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• Insurance for our 2018 SLR LE is $412.00 per yr through State Farm.

Cost of the SS $28,467.62 before beginning mods. After mods $$$$$$$ NO LIMIT $$$$$$$$$$

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• As we know insurance prices depend on lots of factors... SHOP...

Dan from Texas has been dealing with Slingshot insurance across state lines and has done well for many of us.

DanHerrera
    dherrera@twfg.net
    TWFG Insurance Services
    (832)364-6630 phone
    (832)412-3195facsimile
    sales@buymotorcycleinsurance.com
    www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com

• Insurance prices from the same company varies greatly as to your location. Fewer claims in a geographical area means lower rates.
    My full coverage runs $285 per year with $5000 for accessories. Of course most here must not carry insurance at all so no claims!!!!

• I pay mine monthly. I have an account that I put in the insurance money and it's electronically done. This is for everything I own. The reason I go with State Farm is this, they were comparable to other insurance on the house and vehicles, but the umbrella policy and the motorcycles they beat everyone by a good margin. I have full coverage on everything, $500 deductible. My premium is less than $310 a year. They allow for $3000 in accessories but must be secured to the SS.

That said, I live in a sparsely populated area, and have great credit. Those things help a great deal.

• God "bless" CA. I pay over $900 per year- full coverage, but only 3K on add-ons, and my agent has fudged on number of miles per year to the point you would think my 18 month old SL with 21K miles was a Garage Queen........ X(
    no accidents or points on my record

• Well mines High compared to American prices but not near as bad as our $ 14.00 cigarettes or $42.00 cases o beer , Makes me glad I dont smoke !

@kev You would save even more in the UK. I don't smoke either but my wife does and cigarettes cost over $18 dollars (Canadian) this side of the Atlantic.

• Could that be because of the Polaris name....not an actual car of motorcycle manufacturer..they are known for ATVs..only.

Powersports like ATV, snowmobiles, jet skis, dirt bikes...

My first quotes were $1500...$1000...$535... which I jumped on...
    It’s considered a “performance bike” because the motor is 2384 CCs..very large for a “motorcycle”....

Shop around...... tell them to research what an SS actually is...try the autocycle category...

Don’t forget we have to pay for all the millions of vehicles (and houses) the hurricanes destroyed..