What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving

• I'm very thankful for my Barbie and my two boys, friends, for my still o.k. health :D , faith, job, Slingshot, last but not least for the extended family which we have in our forum. I know I forgot quite a few things.
    Bless you all and have a great Thanksgiving. :evil:<3:saint::00007785:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I'm thankful for:

My wife, daughter, family/friends, good health, all the lifelong goals I've achieved this year, coming together with family to eat Thanksgiving dinner, this forum, turkey coma, not cleaning dishes, Cyber Monday, all my fun toys (keep it clean @Tripod), leftovers, and my stretchy fat pants! <~ just to name a few...

TIME TO GOBBLE 'TILL YA WOBBLE FOLKS!! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I'm thankful for:

My wife, daughter, family/friends, good health, all the lifelong goals I've achieved this year, coming together with family to eat Thanksgiving dinner, this forum, turkey coma, not cleaning dishes, Cyber Monday, all my fun toys (keep it clean @Tripod), leftovers, and my stretchy fat pants! <~ just to name a few...

TIME TO GOBBLE 'TILL YA WOBBLE FOLKS!! :thumbup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @mytoy, my uncle in GA has over 1500 steins. He travels all over to conventions for stein collectors. Never knew that was a thing till I talked to him.

I don't have so many, but I have some collectibles which even I don' use. And I like them full. :00000436::00000436:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I haven't shot anyone,....... yet! People really suck,.....really really suck! Close to living alone :thumbup: Sorry, happy holidays!

You know the rules.... pics or it didn't happen! Of course, some people would settle for names, phone numbers....

Just kidding @Shatneyman. Hoping you don't get stuck with the season turkey...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thankful for.... where do I even begin? I once was one of those people that always focused on what was WRONG in my life. You know, got to pay this bill, need to fix this or that, why does this stuff always happen to me? It was depressing. Before I realized what was happening, I was depressed and only saw the bad things in my life. I went thru years of that, and it was rough. Not saying what I did to change it will work for everyone, but I promise it will help you if you ever find yourself at the "low of lows".

Count your blessings. Start out with one.... just one. Every one of us in here have many, if we just recognize them. You could start with health. Last I checked, we are alive, right? The second day, remember the first good thing you started with the day before, and add just one thing to it. How about a safe place to sleep? The next day do the same, remembering the two from the day before. Maybe it's just a stranger that smiled at you, or said a kind word, or held the door open for you. Continue this and repeat every day. Before you know it, you will see the good in your life and the bad.... well it won't seem nearly as bad or as often. We all have bad in our lives at times.... every path has it's own puddles. But we all have good in our lives also. What will you choose to focus on? I'm thankful that 15 years ago, I was able to figure this out.

I'm also thankful for my faith. I'm thankful for having a good wife, that's also my best friend. I'm thankful for my home, my job, my vehicles to get where I want or need to be. I'm thankful for my friends, some of you here are friends I've not met yet in person but still friends nonetheless. I'm thankful for my health, and I'm thankful for my life. And I'm especially thankful to have been born in this country, where my biggest concern Thursday will be making sure everything is as good as it can be for our Thanksgiving meal in the evening with family and friends...... instead of being hungry and fearing for my life because of war or even worse. I could write a book on things I'm thankful for. But I'll leave you with this condensed version, and if you made it to the end of my post.... I'm thankful for that too.

• I am Thankful to have all of you crazy people as family. You guys are my escape from reality..

I have no complaints about life it is what it is - full of ups and down but overall I can not complain I have been dealt a good hand, I have the best wife anyone could ask for.

But you lunatics just make it all special....

I hope each and everyone of you have a fantastic holiday - if anyone brings up politics during dinner tell them to shut the hell up and eat. They should sit back and realize just how lucky they are to be spending time with family.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This is the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without either of my parents. It's sad because it is as if a huge part of your life is gone. Childhood should never be forgotten and all to often we grow away from this in life. My mom and dad loved the holidays and even got married on Thanksgiving ( this would have been their 62nd). They always kept the child like wonderment alive even after all 4 kids got way too old for Santa. Traditions included the Christmas tree and decorations all being up on or before Thanksgiving. I carried this tradition into my family as well. What am I thankful for? I'm thankful I had caring parents that took the time to make my life special and wonderful. For teaching me that it's not about what you have or can get but how you treat people and care for family. I'm thankful for the ability to pass this along to my children as well. They are older and well pass Santa (24 and 14) but Santa still lives on and the true meaning of it all our Lord and Savior. This year I made sure the house was done up more than it has been in years. All new LED lights and a reworked 12' Christmas tree. This is for my family and my parents. Like to think they are finally together after a 10 year separation smiling down on my kids, wife and me.

Love you Mom and Dad. Happy anniversary and Thanksgiving.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Goats_Hogs, you said “every path has its own puddles” - sorry about that - I just had a little too much beer... :thumbsup::whistling:8o;):evil:

Seriously, I was the same way & went through basically the same thing. It’s all a matter of perspective & changing your mindset. Just the fact that each of us (well, most of us) either own (or have owned & sold by choice; or will soon own) a Slingshot says we have life by the balls & need to be thankful. Not just thankful for physical possessions but mainly for family, friends, life itself, this great country we live in, etc. I truly am thankful for all of you on this forum - you totally rock! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Just thankful for being alive and with my family. Able to do slingshot stuff and thankful for having others with like interests. But being alive kind of is high on that list. Wasn't sure how that was going to go 5 years ago... working out for so far LOL.

O',... and pictures like this...

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I’m thankful to be able to live my life surrounded by family and friends and to live in the greatest Country on the planet. I’m also thankful that my dad decided at the last minute not to use a condom...that’s what he has told me more times than I can count. A special Thanksgiving shoutout to my friend Macaws who invited me to this group. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I’m thankful that The Texas Gulfcoast is recovering from Harvey and that thru this storm people have shown that all we really need is faith, resolve, the ability to ask and the willingness to do...We need each other, plain and simple! I hope by this time next year we won’t have forgotten what we have learned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I am thankful that my 30 year old kid is OK- This morning, he went to the gym work out- Has unlimited personal trainer classes. Today was "partner" day. The dipshit he was partnered with hopped off the rails rather than running down the tread. Him, not thinking about it, stepped up and immediately face planted. His finger got caught under the tread and now he has a bloody mangled pinky. He got it pretty good- not stitches, but not much skin left on it.......... We partner for dinner- I was doing ham, pie, and h'orderves, (easy peasy for a change- right?) Well, "Mom- can you come over and fix the bacon wrapped brussel sprouts, Creamed kale & spinach, mashed cauliflower, and maple glazed carrots? Can't bend or get my finger wet." (He is finally going low-carb.) Thank God it is just road rash to the 9th degree.
    Someday I will learn, and we will just go out for dinner.
    ps- real proud of him- he has lost about 20 pounds- put on lots os muscle, and doing Tough Mudder and Spartan Super Obstacle next year. 'Bout time he turned his lifestyle around!

• So many things to be thankful for along with family, friends and health. Here are a few others - Like @mytoy a root canal done - almost. Grateful I didn't know how much the batteries weighed when I had to remove and replace two under the hood of the truck a couple weeks ago! I would never have attempted it. :) Thankful for the sense of adventure that has kept me on the road and safe for 10 years - though it is waning. Grateful for so many of you that the Sling brought into my life. @ivor for the great rallies and Slingshots Across America - that changed my life! @MACAWS and Collette for the wonderful times in Clarksville with a bunch of great people. The opportunity to ride to SSITS with @Painters Posse and his gifts. Bless you all!!