Twist Dynamics 56 inch rear wing and the 2017 Slingshot with Slingshade compatibility?

• Anyone know if this can happen or a way to make this happen? Just saw that pre orders are ETA end of November and I really love the style of that wing but I see it hooks up to the same place the slingshade does.... What about using longer bolts? I'm guessing no one has this combo....

• Not familiar with the brackets used on the individual components, but I'd imagine one set of brackets would need to be modded to fit onto the other set. Given the cost of the Slingshade, I'd assume it would be easier/cheaper to mod the Wing brackets to fasten to the same holes used for the Slingshade with longer bolts.

• Would the combination of the wing and shade put too much stress on the hoops

Just looking at the hoops/Top/Wing, I wouldn't think so as the hoops are designed to support the Slingshot in the event of a rollover. In that event, I don't think the top or the wing would have much impact on the hoops as I'd expect the Top or the wing/brackets to either deform or break. If the top remained intact, I'd think the larger contact area presented by the Top's perimeter frame would lessen strain on the hoops. During normal operation, I would expect any stresses placed on the hoops by the Top/Wing to be much less than the impact force the hoops are supposed to be designed to handle.

• Hi @'Bruce Wayne , I believe the slingshade encompasses the roll hoop then is screwed into the additional lobes added to the hoops whereas the wing brackets are machined to fit in the inner sections of the hoops and pinch bolt together, so yah its a simple mod for guys with tools, just may have to raise slingshade off enough to get wing brackets in place then slide slingshade back over and drill it to accommodate the wing bracket bolts. If your not comfortable with this type of mod , there is a guy named Scott Doniger who runs a mods aftermarket install shop in the Chicago area you can email him at scott@trickmysling.com or visit his site at ww.trickmysling.com

• Heh @Bruce Wayne you will find us aftermarket guys a lot more willing to cut off some of the wing brackets to fit around the new lobes as we are more into fabricating then simply installing polaris parts, as you may find your local dealers aren't, and Im sure Scotts rates are a little cheaper too, lol Everyone always asks why are aftermarket parts so expensive and it makes me laugh when I respond, have you checked out what your Dealer wants to charge you for their parts ? message me with pics if you want anymore help designing a mod for that wing attachment

• Hi All, I have seen the rear wing made from Carbon Fiber, Aluminum, and made from ABS materials. I am considering a wing, but I am unsure as to which one is better while taking into consideration the costs. I will have to make my own brackets, because I have seat belt brackets bolted to the hoops already.

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• Hi All, I have seen the rear wing made from Carbon Fiber, Aluminum, and made from ABS materials. I am considering a wing, but I am unsure as to which one is better while taking into consideration the costs. I will have to make my own brackets, because I have seat belt brackets bolted to the hoops already.

Here is another mounting option that may work for you.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!