Let's just say...

• How about the little Buick Alum.V-8 from around 1964. Land Rover according to the Hot Rod magazine produced it up till a few years ago. Performance parts are also available for it.

Funny you should mention that. I was just speaking with a gentleman at the car show in Nashville Saturday about that very motor. My shop teacher in the mid 70's had a Triumph Stag with that engine in it. According to the guy I spoke with Saturday yhat engine was a 3.5 liter all aluminum V-8 originally made by Buick. One of those properly built with twin turbos should do a nice job in a SS.

A little more info on the the little Buick 215 Alum. engine from 1961. Rover did use the casting up until a few years ago. It was also used in the Indy 500 by Mickey Thompson in 1962.

I had a 1961 Buick Special with the 215 ci V6 and Powerglide auto trans. Great little engine, except for using iron cylinder sleeves in an aluminum block. being an ignorant teenager, I ran straight water for a short period and the galvanic reaction between the aluminum cylinder block the iron cylinder sleeve quickly ate a hole in the head! Befoe the head problem, that thing would go like a bat out of He..!
    Oldsmobile offered a version of that engine, too. See - Oldsmobile / Buick aluminum 215 V-8 | The H.A.M.B.

• Polaris is in cahoots with Subaru................

Bill

Every time I hear the phrase 'in cahoots' I think you're going to try to steal my horses. :thumbsup:

How about the little Buick Alum.V-8 from around 1964. Land Rover according to the Hot Rod magazine produced it up till a few years ago. Performance parts are also available for it.

I had one of these in a boat and it ran a couple days on a tank of fuel. Did they put them in Jeeps at one time? Or is that a 70's psychedelic memory? I remember guys putting them in all kinds of rigs 'back in the day'.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Off the top of my head, the first three issues would be with the abs. traction control and stability control since the Solstice ecu would be looking for input from a 4th wheel speed sensor

Put both sensors on the same wheel for the rear.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Off the top of my head, the first three issues would be with the abs. traction control and stability control since the Solstice ecu would be looking for input from a 4th wheel speed sensor

The 4th wheel sensor is the least of the issues...you could drill the rear wheel to mount a 4th sensor thats the easy part...I would imagine the wiring harness from the solstice would be alot different as well. It would not be a plug and play type of thing im guessing.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Well, ya see that drag bike in my avatar. That there is a 2008 Koenig Low Boy Pro Mod Chassis or at least that is what I bought it for. When I bought it there was the frame, forks, wheels, wheelie bars, and the fiberglass body. Oh and a header. I took the motor/transmission , fuel injection, ECU, and wiring harness from a 2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 and stuffed it in this chassis. On this drag bike there are no gages, speedometer, tachometer, lights, turn signals, gas gauge, charging system, cooling system, or any of that other stuff you'd have on a street bike. I used what I needed and cut out anything that was not mandatory to make the bike run. There were a few lessons to be learned along the way and by the time I added all the aftermarket electronics to the bike to make it competitive in it's class the wiring harness was about as big as it was when I started.

The 2.4 and transmission that we have in our slingshots is exactly like the ones in our solstices so what is to stop us from using the ECU, wiring harness, sensors ect from the Solstice in our slingshots. I can assure you that the ECU and wiring harness has no idea what kind of frame you have it installed in. Would it be necessary to add some things to our slingshots? Maybe, but it might be worth it to get away from being tied to the situation we have now.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @Ghost Well of course it could be done but there are only a few people here who would know where to start and the experience to pull it off. If somebody say you @Ghost was to take the time to get an ecu...get a wiring harness from a solstice, start the conversion. Figure out what would need to be changed and added or gotten rid of. Made a new harness out of what you changed. Got everything running perfectly with all of the traction control working...the stability working and the cruis control working ...oh yeah and added tpms. If you got all of that done and then put all of that information together into an easy to follow...step by step manual so that even I could do it and started selling the ECU with new harness and instruction...sir you would have a booming business!

There is no doubt that would be a dream conversion ... A LOT of us would want to make. Somebody has to do it first...somebody a hell of a lot smarter than I am and has the time to work on an develop it. I am a little surprised that @Dave@DDMWorks hasnt already thought about this and got it figured out since he is the Solstice Master. He has more experience with these engines in both the solstice and Slingshots than all of us put together.

So Tim I am with you in wanting it.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• How about the engine from Ford's Fiesta ST in the base model: fiesta-st

Then, to upgrade to the higher models...go with the engine out of the Focus ST:focus-st

And, if you really want to top it off with more, then go with the Focus RS engine:focus-rs

Mod from there...……

I am not a big fan of Ford, but my son owns a Focus ST and that thing is fun to drive.

Send lawyers, guns and money!