Luggage Racks Anyone?

• Here are the unpainted final versions. it took a couple iterations to get the passenger kick plate lines right and to lower the grille logo to the bottom for highest visibility. Again, these are steel, cut on a CNC plasma cutter. The grille will attach the same as the stock grille and the plate with 3M tape. I am working on the final pricing which looks to be in the $105 + shipping range for the grille and $90 + shipping for the kick plate. I hope to lower the current quotes, but rapidly increasing metal pricing is working against me.

You will see that I have changed the logo from the previous one in anticipation of broadening distribution channels from this forum to one or more established vendors and/or my own vendor status/website. I am considering the pros and cons of each but have not been able to commit much brain-time to it with my current schedule and obligations.

I'm looking for feedback, good, bad or indifferent. Would any of you want these on your Slingshot? The best opportunity to lower the pricing is through volume.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Could you post a picture of a mock setup on the sling so we can see them installed? And I love the biohazard symbol, but could that be modified on the order (like to a nuclear symbol)?

My Sling is in for warranty work (leaky angle drive) but should be back this week - I hope. I will post up installed pics ASAP. They won't be painted since I need to put together a batch for the lowest pricing. I started by looking at the nuclear symbol but thought it was a little plainer than the biohazard symbol. Plus the biohazard symbol looks more like three wheels in a triangle with a center (steering) wheel. Anything can be programmed for the cutter but I am hijacking the operator and programmer on the weekends for these projects. It's not feasible to ask them for one-offs or individual design options. If there is group interest in a particular design, I can explore that. Hope this helps.

• Thanks... BUT you let him leave without getting his REAR PROTECTED!!! What kind of an animal are you? LOL

Oh, I showed him the plates all right (and the front grille and kick plate I'm working on) but he didn't want to drill holes in an expensive machine that he had owned for less than 24 hours. He also laughed and told me he only had $25 left in his pocket. He is headed to Oklahoma for some catfishing, then the Dallas area to visit a twin brother. He didn't think there would be many riders down there but I told him there are many.

I wrote down the forum name for him as well as the MeanSling site to acquire the bags. Hopefully he can get them before his trip. I'm not sure how quickly @Ruptured Duck is able to ship them right now.

Thanks but unfortunately we are sold out of the bags. We will have new inventory around July 19th.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Could you post a picture of a mock setup on the sling so we can see them installed? And I love the biohazard symbol, but could that be modified on the order (like to a nuclear symbol)?

@sideseatdriver, I can also make them with the previously designed logo, you know, like on the luggage racks...

• Excellent work as always @ slinglow and I,m loving the new logo. lmao thinking about all the different tag lines could go with that one !

• Use extreme caution when modifying,,,, side effects can include addiction .

You must have had some good ones in mind when you chose that logo ?

Aw, man! I can quit ANYTIME I want! No, I didn't consider a bunch of logos. If anyone wants to post up their nominations, please do!

• Alright @SlingLow you know this is really getting out of hand! You really just can't keep forcing us to go on Soup and Salad diets to afford our mods LOL I mean..a new product here..a new product there..is this Old McDonald's Farm or SlingShotInfo? LOL

SO, I take it that awesome kick plate won't work with that amazing carpet set (with the 3M tape that is)? You're killing me over here LOL Perhaps a package deal for the two new products hint hint LOL Just when one is reaching the racks stage you're pushing out more products which is awesome!!

• Alright @SlingLow you know this is really getting out of hand! You really just can't keep forcing us to go on Soup and Salad diets to afford our mods LOL I mean..a new product here..a new product there..is this Old McDonald's Farm or SlingShotInfo? LOL

SO, I take it that awesome kick plate won't work with that amazing carpet set (with the 3M tape that is)? You're killing me over here LOL Perhaps a package deal for the two new products hint hint LOL Just when one is reaching the racks stage you're pushing out more products which is awesome!!

I do plan on making it work with the carpet kit. I just don't have one yet. I believe it will involve drilling and screwing it through the carpet to the plastic and installing it over the top. That way you will get the sound and temp insulating qualities of the carpet with the steel plate over the top for added durability and, of course, looks.

• Ok folks, help me out here. The little woman told me to clear out the living room and I've been to busy/lazy to package these up until I have a sale. So I've got '15/'16 and '17/'18 luggage racks for $295 pair/shipped, a big ol' pile of red rear protection plates for $85 shipped, and my 1st pre-production passenger kickplate for $100 shipped, and front grille for $120 shipped. I can package the grill and kickplate together for $200 and the grill, kickplate and rear protection plate together for $275.

Any takers?

• Ok folks, help me out here. The little woman told me to clear out the living room and I've been to busy/lazy to package these up until I have a sale. So I've got '15/'16 and '17/'18 luggage racks for $295 pair/shipped, a big ol' pile of red rear protection plates for $85 shipped, and my 1st pre-production passenger kickplate for $100 shipped, and front grille for $120 shipped. I can package the grill and kickplate together for $200 and the grill, kickplate and rear protection plate together for $275.

Any takers?

Did you put a note on the 'dark side' --- somebody was asking about Luggage racks.