Luggage Racks Anyone?

• Here's another update to let you know that the luggage racks for the 2017/2018 model years are done, on hand, and ready to go under your tree. They are identical in appearance to the 2015/2016 racks except for a larger footpad on the mounts to fit the larger slots.

Now I'm off to the post office with the distance award going to @philip_mustang in Belgium!

Thanks, looking forward to it!!

Since you are so skilled in all that metal stuff. Can't you make some universal rear wing spoiler brackets like the Alpha ones?

Alpha Powersport Rear Spoiler Bracket Set for Polaris Slingshot – Alpha Powersport Store

Everybody from Alpha seems to have left the planet and nobody else has got them. Think those would also sell just fine.

• ahhh I stand corrected,figured they were the ones you contacted they are essentially the same company so it make sense that they don't want to make a deal that undercuts themselves.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Kind words indeed my friend but I am not the talented one - other than writing the checks. My nephew is the one with skills and he has a full-time gig building boats. I just came up with a couple of ideas and am consciously avoiding direct competition with established vendors. Most of the parts I have received requests for would require considerable R & D or exact dimensions to duplicate and is just not possible for a couple of moonlighters to do this. Hopefully you find what you're after without a 2nd mortgage!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited 3 times, last by SlingLow ().

• For anyone interested, I have a single luggage rack that was built as a prototype, with only the circles cut into it. It is available to anyone wanting a budget, passenger-side only rack for $75 shipped anywhere in the US of A. It will come with the necessary hardware for installation.

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/62495/

That's a hell of a deal, man, but if I were to do that, my OCD would insist that I commit seppuku just for the idea.

• Received my Luggage Racks today! Just finished installing them. Installation was easy and i absolutely love them. Incredibly strong and I love the way they look! Thank you SlingLow for providing us with an incredible Slingshot product at an extremely affordable price!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• If anyone has been considering these racks but are concerned that they won't work with the SSV speaker pods, it has been determined that they will clear the pods by approximately 3/16". I would not expect them to flex that much under load unless you're hauling bags of gold. Thanks for being the guinea pig @CDCAMEL6!

For those who have bought them, I realized that I failed to explain that there is a left and right rack. The racks are not quite symmetrical but the difference is small. If you fit each rack up to both sides, you should see that the mounting pads will align with the roll hoops slightly better on one side.

• Just a quick note with a 2018 update. I have decided to raise the price of these racks slightly to $295 shipped anywhere in the U.S. This is a result of higher pricing to me for manufacture and shipping. I have updated the appropriate posts on this thread but cannot access the posts in which I have been quoted hence the discrepancy in those posts for those who might notice. If anyone here has been considering these, please send a PM to get on the record and I will honor the previous price regardless of your timing. Wishing all of you the best in 2018 and beyond!

• Wanted to post my @SlingLow pictures of his very awesome luggage racks with the hoop mounted speaker pods. Yes they do fit and fit like a glove!!! Very well built (great powder coating, nice welds, hardware, & if the Titanic was built as strong as these, we would still be drinking Margaritas on her decks), couldn't be any happier!!!
    Picture with a very thick piece of corrugated cardboard to show that they clear the racks and pods. These things will not flex!! You could sit my fat-ass on them and they won't move!!

General pictures of how they look. The powder coating matches the Sling very well.

Bought this nifty bungee pack on Amazon. Has several smaller bungee cords & a net. Will work great to tie down coolers, grocery bags, & whatever on the Sling!!! Solved several logistic issues I had with trying to carry anything on the Sling!!! It also very much compliments my Mean Sling bags for carrying clothes and such!!!
    Want to say my THANKS to @SlingLow and @Ruptured Duck for providing awesome products at a very reasonable price!!!

CDCAMEL6

• Awesome @CDCAMEL6! Thanks for posting this up and I love the way your whole garage shows 'attitude'. I just got the MeanSling bags and will look for that bungee kit on Amazon. I can also keep the speaker pods on my future mods list. Did you also add a subwoofer when you put in the pods or are you running speakers only? One reason I don't have them yet is because they become about an $800 item once you add the speakers, amp and sub.

• CDCAMEL6
    [/quote]Awesome @CDCAMEL6! Thanks for posting this up and I love the way your whole garage shows 'attitude'. I just got the MeanSling bags and will look for that bungee kit on Amazon. I can also keep the speaker pods on my future mods list. Did you also add a subwoofer when you put in the pods or are you running speakers only? One reason I don't have them yet is because they become about an $800 item once you add the speakers, amp and sub.[/quote]
    My whole garage has something, just ask my wife!!! I like my garage and "attitude" is a great description. Have signs, neon, flags, & such covering about every open inch of space in a 3 car garage. Truth be known, my wife loves it also.
    I have a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered sub under the drivers seat. Fits perfect and does a good job of filling that low bass void normal coax's don't handle. You're not going to get that thump- thump bass from a conventional sub, but you can definitely tell when it is turned off. I like what it does. Have a 4 & 2 channel amp under passenger seat, powering 6- coax speakers. A Clarion head unit runs it all. I like my sound.

CDCAMEL6

• I have a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered sub under the drivers seat.

Thanks again @CDCAMEL6. That's the one I put on my list. It's good to hear it does what I want, which is not the thump thump. I'm an old-school rocker, not a head banger or rapper (no offense to those who are)! I'm planning on a 4 channel amp to run my upgraded fronts and the rears. Am I correct that the powered sub does not require connection to the amp?

• Thanks again @CDCAMEL6. That's the one I put on my list. It's good to hear it does what I want, which is not the thump thump. I'm an old-school rocker, not a head banger or rapper (no offense to those who are)! I'm planning on a 4 channel amp to run my upgraded fronts and the rears. Am I correct that the powered sub does not require connection to the amp?

Correct. It’s powered already. I run one of these under driver seat also...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014