Luggage Racks Anyone?

• Alright! Going into production. I will be offline from this afternoon through Sunday for late buck - the last hunt of the year for me, but anyone else feel free to post up their wanton desires. That should keep this thread going for a while without me.

I will update here and PM those interested sometime next week when I've got an ETA. Again, I will not ask for payment until I have them in hand, ready to ship. Cheers!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I can't keep up with you please show down on the mods.

RNJ12

If only, I've paid for a couple but not gotten delivery yet! Wheels are supposed to be done TOMORROW, and maybe my other (correct) part ordered in August will finally get here. Then shocks, CAI, some hydro-dipping gone awry, and will be done for the year.

Christmas was going to be a Bullet Speed louver, but will do racks instead. Then I can plan my Valentine gift from Bullet Speed. Bummer is birthday in August, too long to wait. But then there is flag day before.....

What to do with Black Friday sales??
    :00008698:

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Alright! Going into production. I will be offline from this afternoon through Sunday for late buck - the last hunt of the year for me, but anyone else feel free to post up their wanton desires. That should keep this thread going for a while without me.

I will update here and PM those interested sometime next week when I've got an ETA. Again, I will not ask for payment until I have them in hand, ready to ship. Cheers!

Good luck hunting @SlingLow!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Look, I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm but 3 children have been lost during testing. It appears this may not be a viable option for munchkin transportation. You should probably be looking at the 4-seater.

The question I have for you this morning is how many would actually like to own a pair of these racks. I will need to make a financial commitment to get the next 5 sets made and I'd like to have 3 of them spoken for. $265 powder coated and shipped or $240 not painted and shipped for you to take to your painter for that custom color. Hardware included.

I have two interested if you're still in @CDCAMEL6 and @stokescr. Anyone else? Anyone?

That price is SUPER good. Check other prices and @SlingLow is way better...

• I just put gas in my SS and I tried every angle I could for the nozzle to get a good fit. Unfortunately, my wing gets in the way. Therefore, if you ever come up a way to allow a straight shot from the side (90 degree angle looking to the back), let me know. I believe you would have to lesson the depth from front to rear from 9 1/2 to around 8 inches.

• I just put gas in my SS and I tried every angle I could for the nozzle to get a good fit. Unfortunately, my wing gets in the way. Therefore, if you ever come up a way to allow a straight shot from the side (90 degree angle looking to the back), let me know. I believe you would have to lesson the depth from front to rear from 9 1/2 to around 8 inches.

I think that a smaller platform could become more decorative than useful - still an option. Another would be a short riser from the mounting points to raise the rack an inch or two. You would probably want to do the same on the passenger side to match. I'm not sure how it would look but I can play with this idea during assembly.

Doesn't having to fuel up at 90 degrees slow down the fuel flow considerably and splash back?

Just let @SlingLow make it 1/2 inch shorter, or better yet buy and cut off yourself before you paint it. Just remember the size bag it was made for, around a 10 inch dia. X 20 inch long tube bag. (round or square) use you imagination.

• If only, I've paid for a couple but not gotten delivery yet! Wheels are supposed to be done TOMORROW, and maybe my other (correct) part ordered in August will finally get here. Then shocks, CAI, some hydro-dipping gone awry, and will be done for the year.
    Christmas was going to be a Bullet Speed louver, but will do racks instead. Then I can plan my Valentine gift from Bullet Speed. Bummer is birthday in August, too long to wait. But then there is flag day before.....

What to do with Black Friday sales??
    :00008698:

@flipr did you get your rear plate yesterday? I sent a bunch out 2-day and have not forwarded tracking numbers to recipients. I guess I was hoping they'd get there before I got around to it...

• @SlingLow not yesterday, not sure about today yet, not at home, usually my wife gets the mail first, and calls me about 'packages' she didn't order. No call yet.
    I'm not worried

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I think that a smaller platform could become more decorative than useful - still an option. Another would be a short riser from the mounting points to raise the rack an inch or two. You would probably want to do the same on the passenger side to match. I'm not sure how it would look but I can play with this idea during assembly.
    Doesn't having to fuel up at 90 degrees slow down the fuel flow considerably and splash back?

If you can raise the mounting point 2 inches, it may work but I would need to check it out at the pump.

Fueling at 90 degrees allows the nozzle to fit snugly; not splashing.

• If you can raise the mounting point 2 inches, it may work but I would need to check it out at the pump.
    Fueling at 90 degrees allows the nozzle to fit snugly; not splashing.

We're looking at it. Be aware that raising the racks will move them closer to the top of the hoops, making them less useful for securing luggage.

• @SlingLow not yesterday, not sure about today yet, not at home, usually my wife gets the mail first, and calls me about 'packages' she didn't order. No call yet.
    I'm not worried

LOL!!! Same thing happens at my house. Also any package she didn't order is- "You got another box with stuff for the Slingshot." Doesn't matter what it is.

CDCAMEL6

• LOL!!! Same thing happens at my house. Also any package she didn't order is- "You got another box with stuff for the Slingshot." Doesn't matter what it is.

CDCAMEL6

I get that too. Surprised her once with some clothing for her - imagine her delight when she saw it was a Slingshot shirt.

@SlingLow, I forgot to hit you up on here and let you know that we got ours in the mail yesterday. Thank you.

Excellent! Now you can get some calendar shots with that sexy Slingshot rear-end along with.....anyone else in your family with a sexy rear-end!