Luggage Racks Anyone?

• We will be producing another batch of these luggage racks this weekend including one set for @V-SHOT that will be altered to work with the Madstad Stinger top. I will also produce a couple sets with the biohazard symbol for something a little different. We will lengthen the mounting arms by 1/4" to offer slightly better clearance with the SSV speaker pods (the current version clears them but only by about 3/16") without interfering with fueling up. My price is going up by $20 to $315/pair, including shipping anywhere in the lower 48. @V-SHOT, I will hold the price at $295 for you, the next two takers for a set of '17/'18 racks (currently in stock), and anyone else who jumps in before the end of next week when the new racks should be completed. If anyone would like a set in pearl red, or orange madness, let me know before they go in for powder coating on Monday, otherwise I will do them all in black to match the roll hoops as I have been doing. Red and orange would be at the $315 price I am moving to.

:thumbsup:

Having given up one luggage compartment for the sub-woofer already...and thinking about adding another, these racks will come in handy!!!!

• are you producing any to go with the Madstad top on a 2016?

Asking for a friend

That is what @V-SHOT is getting. We just shorten the inside arm by 1 1/4" to mate up to the Stinger bracket that sandwiches the outside of the inner arm of the hoop. The hole in the Stinger bracket is used for one of the rack mount holes and a second hole is drilled through the front and rear Stinger bracket for the second mounting bolt.

Wait! I just had a brainstorm while typing that. I believe these will be plenty sturdy with just three mounting bolts. Two on the outside arm and just one on the inside. That way, no alteration to the Madstad bracket is required and it would easily carry your normal load: a cooler of beer and a bag of ice. Or even some clothes. Any opinions from those of you who have these racks?

I make these to order and not on spec so a commitment would be needed to produce another. They can be made for '15/'16 models and '17/'18 models. I have not yet been able to access the '19 parts list to determine if the hoops are the same as the '17/'18 models. When done during production, the price does not change. If I cut the arm on an existing pair, that would be additional fab work and they would need to get powder coated a second time, so I avoid that.

Congratulations on the friend. I like both of mine.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That is what @V-SHOT is getting. We just shorten the inside arm by 1 1/4" to mate up to the Stinger bracket that sandwiches the outside of the inner arm of the hoop. The hole in the Stinger bracket is used for one of the rack mount holes and a second hole is drilled through the front and rear Stinger bracket for the second mounting bolt.
    Wait! I just had a brainstorm while typing that. I believe these will be plenty sturdy with just three mounting bolts. Two on the outside arm and just one on the inside. That way, no alteration to the Madstad bracket is required and it would easily carry your normal load: a cooler of beer and a bag of ice. Or even some clothes. Any opinions from those of you who have these racks?

I make these to order and not on spec so a commitment would be needed to produce another. They can be made for '15/'16 models and '17/'18 models. I have not yet been able to access the '19 parts list to determine if the hoops are the same as the '17/'18 models. When done during production, the price does not change. If I cut the arm on an existing pair, that would be additional fab work and they would need to get powder coated a second time, so I avoid that.

I wanna set ... without having to drill ... please advise next steps - thank you sir

• That is what @V-SHOT is getting. We just shorten the inside arm by 1 1/4" to mate up to the Stinger bracket that sandwiches the outside of the inner arm of the hoop. The hole in the Stinger bracket is used for one of the rack mount holes and a second hole is drilled through the front and rear Stinger bracket for the second mounting bolt.

I think that I posted a good while back that I had mounted the rack with the Stinger Top just by making up some spacers and drilling and taping a couple of holes. We had also found some rubber pieces that would slide over the spacers to finish it out and make it look good.

• I wanna set ... without having to drill ... please advise next steps - thank you sir

I wanna set ... without having to drill ... please advise next steps - thank you sir

Done. Next step: Wait two weeks!

I'll let you know when they are ready to ship. Probably the end of next week depending on the powder coat schedule.

• I think that I posted a good while back that I had mounted the rack with the Stinger Top just by making up some spacers and drilling and taping a couple of holes. We had also found some rubber pieces that would slide over the spacers to finish it out and make it look good.

Thanks for posting that. That would be an option if they are already made but it would move the racks rearward by 1 1/4" and could interfere with fueling up with the vapor recovery nozzles. This is an easy alteration to make while fabricating.

Sounds like a winner!!!! I like the idea of not having to modify the Stinger Bracket, except for sending a longer bolt through the existing bolt hole. Keeping it simple, and not introducing another area to collect rust. :thumbup:

• No drilling required unless you choose to if you use a single bolt on the inside arm. If you are hauling large bags of gold, you might want to drill for the 2nd bolt. You can pay me when they are ready to ship.

• I wanna set ... without having to drill ... please advise next steps - thank you sir

I knew you'd come around. You heard my spiel often enough in a two-week period. Now if we could just get you to get rid of that ridiculous top and bags and come over to the Meansling side...

• I knew you'd come around. You heard my spiel often enough in a two-week period. Now if we could just get you to get rid of that ridiculous top and bags and come over to the Meansling side...

Wasn't he sporting The MeanSling bags and the Corbin bags? BTW how many sport tops did you sell? I want you to know I offer a 201k plan. It's about half of what you're used to...

• Wasn't he sporting The MeanSling bags and the Corbin bags? BTW how many sport tops did you sell? I want you to know I offer a 201k plan. It's about half of what you're used to...

No, the Meansling bags don't work with his top. Randy and I had the bags, and maybe Bryan as well?

As for sport tops....don't know if I succeeded in selling any while I was up there, but I think I've convinced a few folks since being home. How many luggage racks did I sell for you? :D

• No, the Meansling bags don't work with his top. Randy and I had the bags, and maybe Bryan as well?
    As for sport tops....don't know if I succeeded in selling any while I was up there, but I think I've convinced a few folks since being home. How many luggage racks did I sell for you? :D

Well, in Canada, none. I gave a couple sets a round trip ride. You have sold a couple sets through referral though, and I'm waiting for a 3rd to come back around. Keep talking the talk brother!