Luggage Racks Anyone?

• The racks would likely work if the top hole aligns with the sport top bolt. Also the top bracket hole could be repositioned to match up with the sport top bolt shown in the pic. I think it could work. The rack bracket that goes on the front of the hoop is recessed inside the hoop so it would not appear to interfere with the top bracket. You would need to cinch it down with a nut on a bolt long enough to go through the top bracket, then a 2nd nut for the top bracket.

If you think this would work, I could always send you a set and if it works, pay me for it later. If it doesn't, I would pay to have it shipped to the next buyer. I'm back off to my project now, back after 5:00 west coast time.

Alright @SlingLow, I'll take you up on this so we both get our answers. Do you still have my shipping info?

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Sorry guys. Have been away more this week than planned so not following all the post like normal. Been a bad year for us regarding parents. Let me go back over the images of how the rack mounts to see what I can tell you. The rear hoop brackets have slotted holes for mounting. This allows for both the 15-16 models and also being able to use the 17 up M6 holes found in the hoops.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• It appears that it should work but you may have to use a spacer between the Sport Top hoop bracket and the bolt plate for the racks. Without having one here I can't be 100% sure but it looks like it could be adapted to work.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Sorry guys. Have been away more this week than planned so not following all the post like normal. Been a bad year for us regarding parents. Let me go back over the images of how the rack mounts to see what I can tell you. The rear hoop brackets have slotted holes for mounting. This allows for both the 15-16 models and also being able to use the 17 up M6 holes found in the hoops.

The Conversation right now is weather my luggage racks or @SlingLows rack will fit with the MeanSling top using the lower opening in the roll hoops. We are both thinking with longer bolts and maybe a spacer it will work. I think I told you in Murphy ,the first public outing that it would work. Anyway that is what post #292 and #303 is about

• @Ruptured Duck, I just took a call from @Slingrazor in which he confirmed that they will work together, just replace the top bolt from the luggage rack with a longer bolt that allows inclusion of the top, and use two nuts, one on the luggage rack, and then a second after the top goes onto the bolt in top of the luggage rack nut.

Sorry to hear about the parents. Hang in there, man.

• @Ruptured Duck, I just took a call from @Slingrazor in which he confirmed that they will work together, just replace the top bolt from the luggage rack with a longer bolt that allows inclusion of the top, and use two nuts, one on the luggage rack, and then a second after the top goes onto the bolt in top of the luggage rack nut.

Sorry to hear about the parents. Hang in there, man.

Thanks

• @Maverick5990 I do have your info. I can get them out on Monday. Looking at the pics, yours appears to be a '15 or '16. Can you confirm? I think I have some longer bolts that I will send but it's possible that you will need to source some of the needed length as well as a couple spacers for the sides with the top brackets. I'm looking forward to the results. Please post up for all once you figure it out. The only question I can see is if the hole in the rack bracket will mount the top bracket at the same height. It appears to be close. I assume this is the latching system for the top. Is there any adjustability on that?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @Maverick5990 I do have your info. I can get them out on Monday. Looking at the pics, yours appears to be a '15 or '16. Can you confirm? I think I have some longer bolts that I will send but it's possible that you will need to source some of the needed length as well as a couple spacers for the sides with the top brackets. I'm looking forward to the results. Please post up for all once you figure it out. The only question I can see is if the hole in the rack bracket will mount the top bracket at the same height. It appears to be close. I assume this is the latching system for the top. Is there any adjustability on that?

it's a 16 so it's the bigger roll hoop. The bar is the mounting point for the latch. There is some movement available. We just have to get the holes to line up and check bolt size.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I thought I might see some action on these prior to Maggie Valley but it has been pretty quiet on the Western front. I wish I was able to roll in and meet many of you but time and distance won't allow it this year. There is still just enough time to get yours though. I have racks for all model years and can ship them quickly if anyone is interested.

• If anyone down at Maggie Valley, or anywhere else wants a set of theses racks, I'm dropping the price by $20 to $275 shipped through June 3rd as a Memorial Day/SSITS sale. I'd like to go lower but steel prices have gone up significantly and I don't have a lot of margin in these. It is an excellent value for the look and construction quality! Look around for a pair to check out in person. @A-Team SS says he'll be sporting his and there could be others. If you head to the luncheon at @KayTwo 's and @sideseatdriver 's place, you likely can check out his rack (something wrong about that statement ?( ). Have a great weekend and event!