Luggage Racks Anyone?

• There are a few of you out there that have expressed an interest in these racks. I try to return messages ASAP so I don't get behind or drop the ball on anyone. I thought I'd post up here rather than going back through individual messages. If anyone is still interested, I do have them ready to ship for all model years.

@larry
    @SSREAPER
    @SoCal
    @Michael Bradley
    @Gonfast38
    @Stealth05

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I should be getting my sling back soon so I can see if the brackets will line up with the wind restrictor...I did put the backing plates (wind restrictor and your rack) together and it looks close. '
    Once I get it back and go to do the install of the wind restrictor I will be able to tell if I can make it work.

Reap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Does anyone know if these can be mounted with the MeanSling top?

@Maverick5990, I just ran home for lunch and saw your post and message. It appears that the Meansling top uses the same inside roll hoop slots as the luggage racks. I didn't find any clear pics of the bracketry for the top. If you have one, could you post up pics of this at the front and rear of the roll hoops? If you don't have one yet, perhaps someone else here would do that for us. We figured out how to make the racks work with the PRP 4-point harness. Perhaps we can make it work with the Sport Top as well. The top itself does not extend behind the hoops so it would not interfere with luggage space as some of the other tops do.

• @Maverick5990, I just ran home for lunch and saw your post and message. It appears that the Meansling top uses the same inside roll hoop slots as the luggage racks. I didn't find any clear pics of the bracketry for the top. If you have one, could you post up pics of this at the front and rear of the roll hoops? If you don't have one yet, perhaps someone else here would do that for us. We figured out how to make the racks work with the PRP 4-point harness. Perhaps we can make it work with the Sport Top as well. The top itself does not extend behind the hoops so it would not interfere with luggage space as some of the other tops do.

Back has the spacer.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• @Maverick5990, I just ran home for lunch and saw your post and message. It appears that the Meansling top uses the same inside roll hoop slots as the luggage racks. I didn't find any clear pics of the bracketry for the top. If you have one, could you post up pics of this at the front and rear of the roll hoops? If you don't have one yet, perhaps someone else here would do that for us. We figured out how to make the racks work with the PRP 4-point harness. Perhaps we can make it work with the Sport Top as well. The top itself does not extend behind the hoops so it would not interfere with luggage space as some of the other tops do.

If memory serves me correctly the MeanSling top uses the top holes in the roll hoops. I do have CRS !! @Ruptured Duck Ok I'm wrong but from those pictures, I think it can work.

Looks like it would be close. Is the top hole slotted at all?

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• The racks would likely work if the top hole aligns with the sport top bolt. Also the top bracket hole could be repositioned to match up with the sport top bolt shown in the pic. I think it could work. The rack bracket that goes on the front of the hoop is recessed inside the hoop so it would not appear to interfere with the top bracket. You would need to cinch it down with a nut on a bolt long enough to go through the top bracket, then a 2nd nut for the top bracket.

If you think this would work, I could always send you a set and if it works, pay me for it later. If it doesn't, I would pay to have it shipped to the next buyer. I'm back off to my project now, back after 5:00 west coast time.

• The racks would likely work if the top hole aligns with the sport top bolt. Also the top bracket hole could be repositioned to match up with the sport top bolt shown in the pic. I think it could work. The rack bracket that goes on the front of the hoop is recessed inside the hoop so it would not appear to interfere with the top bracket. You would need to cinch it down with a nut on a bolt long enough to go through the top bracket, then a 2nd nut for the top bracket.

If you think this would work, I could always send you a set and if it works, pay me for it later. If it doesn't, I would pay to have it shipped to the next buyer. I'm back off to my project now, back after 5:00 west coast time.

I think it would work but my only question is how much I would use it. Let me think on this one for a while.