Luggage Racks Anyone?

• Well, I sold my last set of 15/16 racks and will be making another batch in the next couple of weeks.

That's great news, man, glad you were able to move them!

If I had the spare cash I might, cuz I just like the way they look, but I also love @'Ruptured Duck''s bags, so....maybe I need to take a page out of @'Slingrazor''s playbook and buy a second Sling for all the crap I can't fit on the first, lol.

I love seeing home-produced endeavors take off. Good deal.

• That's great news, man, glad you were able to move them!
    If I had the spare cash I might, cuz I just like the way they look, but I also love @'Ruptured Duck''s bags, so....maybe I need to take a page out of @'Slingrazor''s playbook and buy a second Sling for all the crap I can't fit on the first, lol.

That is why I made the original racks for using with the same type of bags like @Ruptured Ducks

• That's great news, man, glad you were able to move them!

Thanks Brutha! You could take a page from @FunCycle and me and use them with the MeanSling bags. I have the 1st gen bags with the big red logo and I'm diggin' it. WAY cheaper than a 2nd Sling! Plus, if I sell one more set I'll be able to retire comfortably in Costa Rica...

Remember this?

I guess I have to play my hole card here: I had this designed by NASA for the ultimate combination of structural integrity, weight reduction, aerodynamic properties, attachment points and molecular stability, with actual spacing between holes being secondary to all of the above. You don't think I was shooting from the hip here, did you?

You crack me up!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• If you're talking about the rear wind restrictor, I don't believe so. From the pics I've seen it appears that they mount behind the roll hoops and would block the mounting pads from the recessed slots in the hoops where they attach.
    Now as far as red - that could be done for anyone who wanted them. If I had 3 or 4 commitments, perhaps for close to the same price. Fast Red anyone?

it is possible to mount the windrestrictor in front of the hoops. I did it that way to be able to mount a wing to the rear of the hoop.

So if they don't use the same parts of the hoops to attach it to it shouldn't be a problem to have both

• it is possible to mount the windrestrictor in front of the hoops. I did it that way to be able to mount a wing to the rear of the hoop.
    So if they don't use the same parts of the hoops to attach it to it shouldn't be a problem to have both

Thanks @philip_mustang! Good info! The racks bolt through the lower set of slots as pictured. It looks like your wing attaches to the upper slots. I can't tell where the wind restrictor attaches from yours or Slingmod's pics. The mounting pads and hardware on the front side of the hoops are recessed inside the hoops so if they are available, both should fit.

*Note* Picture is not uploading but they are posted early in this thread.

• it is possible to mount the windrestrictor in front of the hoops. I did it that way to be able to mount a wing to the rear of the hoop.

@philip_mustang that was another question that was running through my mind as well. I had already decided that I'd go with the wind restrictor and the wing but of course the racks popped up! Adding to that mess of mods was the MeanSling top. Trust me I've been scanning the forums for pictures, builds,etc., so that I can see what mods conflict with what...a headache for sure. So, I've tried to narrow my mods to "what I need for everyday functioning versus style" *sigh*. I appreciate the response and feedback.

• Thanks for remembering about our convo but I am still split between a rear wing and your racks...... the racks are functional but the wing really improves the sling's ugly butt.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• the restrictor uses the lower outside slots of the hoops. If you can zoom in the picture you can see the black bracket on the front in the left lower corner.

The meansling top does not work with the wr. No matter what side you put it on.

Those are the same holes the racks use. Assuming they bolt through, it's a no go for both.

@philip_mustang that was another question that was running through my mind as well. I had already decided that I'd go with the wind restrictor and the wing but of course the racks popped up! Adding to that mess of mods was the MeanSling top. Trust me I've been scanning the forums for pictures, builds,etc., so that I can see what mods conflict with what...a headache for sure. So, I've tried to narrow my mods to "what I need for everyday functioning versus style" *sigh*. I appreciate the response and feedback.

@Zorasmiles sounds like you need two Slingshots too!

• @SlingLow I mentioned that to my wife and she told me that I didn't have enough miles or time of ownership to even think about purchasing another one!! She also said if I gave up my motorcycle and golf cart, i'd be more than half way there to purchasing the second one LOL I love that woman but she just take jabs and jabs like I'm a punching bag LOL

• mmm that seems to be a problem.

A solution is possible but I'm having doubts about the strength.
    When you mount the wr to the front then the front brackets is the one where the screws go in.
    So in theorie you could use those brackets from the wr to attach to the brackets from the racks. The wr uses small screws m5 but I guess the racks needs at least m6 for strength.
    Also if you add a lot of weight it might cause a lot of stress on the wr because it is sandwiched between the brackets and the hoops.

• Thanks for the quick response as always. Yes, I was speaking of the rear wind restrictor, as I like how it quiets the cabins on our Boxster. I have it on my list but the luggage racks may take priority considering I'll be losing some storage space soon.

Okay everyone interested in "fast red" he's opening up the gate! GO!! Commit, commit, commit! LOL

I would defitley ride in a sling with the windrestrictor. It doesn't really quiet the airflow, but instead forces it down the back of your neck.
    Wife likes hers for looks but not for function. In a past existance I made one for my Miata that did quiet and reduced the airflow. This doesn't work as good because of how high it sits.
    I would purchase the racks before the Windrestrictor.

• @SlingLow I mentioned that to my wife and she told me that I didn't have enough miles or time of ownership to even think about purchasing another one!! She also said if I gave up my motorcycle and golf cart, i'd be more than half way there to purchasing the second one LOL I love that woman but she just take jabs and jabs like I'm a punching bag LOL

Man, the bike AND the cart?!? That's a tough woman there! I guess I can share my success to almost 31 years of marriage: I don't try to run her life, and I don't try to run mine!

That's a hell of an idea, but I'm not honestly sure if I would prefer black, white, or the blue fire. I'd have to get my fashion coordinator involved, lol.

I hear ya (see quote above). I thought your hoops were white, but it's just the pods underneath. Black would definitely fit your Sling as would the blue. I don't know if anyone has found a matching powder for the blue fire but that would negate the need for a custom paint job. Just thinkin' out loud here.

• I hear ya (see quote above). I thought your hoops were white, but it's just the pods underneath. Black would definitely fit your Sling as would the blue. I don't know if anyone has found a matching powder for the blue fire but that would negate the need for a custom paint job. Just thinkin' out loud here.

Not in the powder, but I have a source for blue fire paint...

• slinglow im new here so not sure how to cantact you i am interested in a set sl how do i go about purchasing them

First, get a new platinum credit card...

Just click on my avatar then click the little double bubble icon at the far right of the toolbar to the right of my name. That will start a private conversation and we can exchange info there.

Welcome to the forum and the insanity! You'll have a lot of company out there in NC.

• slinglow im new here so not sure how to cantact you i am interested in a set sl how do i go about purchasing them

When you want to get the attention of one of the members of the group use the
    @SlingLow The @ will trigger a notice to there e-mail. The 'conversations' tab allows you to start a private message with the person there you would just use
    slinglow.

Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'

• When you want to get the attention of one of the members of the group use the @SlingLow The @ will trigger a notice to there e-mail. The 'conversations' tab allows you to start a private message with the person there you would just use
    slinglow.

Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'

Hey! You got my attention. Thanks EJ - I also answer to Doug, Hey You, or in the case of my wife - well never mind, it's kind of personal...

@cbailey7a you can also search for the name by typing @ followed by the first 3 or more letters and the system will load the names that fit. That way you don't have to remember the whole name.

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().