Muffler failure catastrophic

• Yes that is exactly what I am gonna do. Right now I want to ride, who knows maybe I can modify that one to use the side exit.

If not, you can always mount a stub of pipe in the hole to make it look like a side exit. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• @Gadgeteer do you mean , put something fake on a slingshot? I have never heard of this before. But just to let you know I do have the fast red one so really wouldn’t matter, right? Thanks for your help earlier in the catastrophic tread. Hope to meet you sometime in our travels. Just sayin!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• @Gadgeteer do you mean , put something fake on a slingshot? I have never heard of this before. But just to let you know I do have the fast red one so really wouldn’t matter, right? Thanks for your help earlier in the catastrophic tread. Hope to meet you sometime in our travels. Just sayin!

No, of course not fake, but... uh... cosmetic(?)... Yeah, cosmetic! That's the word I was looking for! Yeah, a cosmetic side pipe...to fill the hole. Get a piece of 2" PVC, paint it silver, and mount that baby! It'll be grand! Oo, oo, even better... cover the PVC with heat wrap for that true "custom" look! :rolleyes:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• You know @Gadgeteer ,I can almost see and hear those wheels turning in your head. That what I thought you would, but cosmetics on a slingshot, I thought everything had a real functional purpose, but not just looks.

Functional? :00008172:
    Not just for looks? :00008356:

You slay me, @Boomer! :00008359:

― Douglas Adams

• Functional? :00008172: Not just for looks? :00008356:

You slay me, @Boomer! :00008359:

You know @Gadgeteer ,I can almost see and hear those wheels turning in your head. That what I thought you would, but cosmetics on a slingshot, I thought everything had a real functional purpose, but not just looks.

What is carbon fiber stick on ?

• I'm all about functionality and a lot of the mods out there are quite functional but let's face it, even a lot of the functional stuff is desired more for its sensory appeal (look, sound, feel) and/or bragging rights (performance mods) than it's functionality. Wheels, exhaust, seats, steering wheels, shifters, turbos, intakes, tubing, covers (for just about any component, nut, or bolt), The one thing you can say about SS owners is that WE ARE a vain bunch. If you weren't, you wouldn't have desired such a head-turner in the first place. Hell, as a group, we swap out or add so much stuff to our Slingshots that we make the two-wheeled chrome-crazed thunder-blasting bikers seem conservative in comparison. ^^

― Douglas Adams

• I'm all about functionality and a lot of the mods out there are quite functional but let's face it, even a lot of the functional stuff is desired more for its sensory appeal (look, sound, feel) and/or bragging rights (performance mods) than it's functionality. Wheels, exhaust, seats, steering wheels, shifters, turbos, intakes, tubing, covers (for just about any component, nut, or bolt), The one thing you can say about SS owners is that WE ARE a vain bunch. If you weren't, you wouldn't have desired such a head-turner in the first place. Hell, as a group, we swap out or add so much stuff to our Slingshots that we make the two-wheeled chrome-crazed thunder-blasting bikers seem conservative in comparison. ^^

God bless you each and everyone..... :D

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• No all new the 1320 exhaust V2 The alpha is toast but I am taking it to my muffler guy to make something work. I have the 1320 header on , took for a test ride and it seams to have a little more pep. Not too loud kinda like it. No help from alpha though.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I also have a 1320 header, hoping my repaired Alpha hangs in there. Yeah no word from Henry, hate to see them just disappear which I don’t think they will, keeping the faith. Like I said thanks for saving my exhaust!!