• It's a cell phone! I don't see the attraction My $235 Huawei phone probably does everything the iPhone does except for facial recognition. Plus my phona has a larger screen then the x. I definitely have better ways to spend my money

HOLY CRAP !! A Huawei !! Never heard of it - I gotta get out more ;(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It's a cell phone! I don't see the attraction My $235 Huawei phone probably does everything the iPhone does except for facial recognition. Plus my phona has a larger screen then the x. I definitely have better ways to spend my money

Ok, can someone explain to this technoweenie why I would want my phone to recognize me? I am happy recognizing it, my family and both of my friends...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The facial recognition is kinduva neat gimmick but I can’t see where it is that much better than the fingerprint recognition in ease of use. The best thing I can see (no comments from the Samsung bunch) if you have been a loyal iPhone user the wireless charging is the best thing about it - just throwing it (very softly :D ) on a charging pad is great - cords suck now !!

• The facial recognition is kinduva neat gimmick but I can’t see where it is that much better than the fingerprint recognition in ease of use. The best thing I can see (no comments from the Samsung bunch) if you have been a loyal iPhone user the wireless charging is the best thing about it - just throwing it (very softly :D ) on a charging pad is great - cords suck now !!

How does it work at night time or in the dark?

RNJ12

• How does it work at night time or in the dark?

RNJ12

In the dark with no lights it really hasn’t worked for me - it lights up when you raise it but then goes to prompt to put in passcode. In low light works sometime - in the light flawless

• In the dark with no lights it really hasn’t worked for me - it lights up when you raise it but then goes to prompt to put in passcode. In low light works sometime - in the light flawless

Like during the announcement? You can say the iPhone 6 and 7 are also wireless charging as well. Unlike the Samsung it also needs a $100 battery case from Mophie as well as the $80 charging pad but I'm glad Apple added something to justify the huge price increase.

RNJ12

• Every time I press send on my Kyocera flipper it know who I am and calls who I want.
    Low tech - low cost and dependable

Used the money I saved to buy mods for the SS since I spend most of my time in it and can't use the phone.

Just sayin

Flip phones will make a comeback then yours will be in high demand.

RNJ12

• I thought about X, but couldn't justify the price, for a new phone without knowing how it's going to perform. It is nice looking and edge to edge screen is nice...But Besides facial recognition, I believe you still have to swipe up to get to icons? Thought that's what they told me @ Best Buy? The phones the same size basically as my 7...SOOOO, I got the 8+ this weekend. Fast, smooth and wireless charging is awesome!! I have 30days if I reconsider, but the way I look at it Polaris (OOOPs I mean Apple) will have a mid model later in year and going foreword, guessing phones will loose Home button when the quirks are worked out....

Happy with My 8+, still have time to decide on X??? ?(

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• The X does not come with a wireless charger but got one for $10 off Amazon that works perfect. I gotta say @BONES is right - if I wasn’t able to upgrade to the X for $4 a month more - I just can’t see a grand for this phone. The 8 or 8 Plus is a great phone if you can’t get a deal on the X. It is definitely the way to go if you wanna upgrade. Forgot 1 more bonus - the X screen is bout same size as the 8 Plus but much smaller phone.

• The x screen is larger than the 8+ The face recognition is nice and mine works rather well. If your looking at the x when it rings it turns the ring volume down do it’s not loud unless your across the room. The emojis are now able to record your voice and face expressions which is very fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Every time I press send on my Kyocera flipper it know who I am and calls who I want.
    Low tech - low cost and dependable

Used the money I saved to buy mods for the SS since I spend most of my time in it and can't use the phone.

Just sayin

I agree 100%. I have better things to spend my money on. For the amount of time that I spend on the phone it is usless

• The one thing holding me back from the X is im so hard on phones and I break on average probably two to three a year at work. But I am considering it.

That's the funny thing I've been laughing at since I but my first iPhone. We spend big money for a wonderful phone for the smaller size and bigger screen then we slap it in a case that is twice the size and weight as the one you just got rid of.

RNJ12

• So ended up getting the X... :whistling: some say size doesn’t matter, not true in my case. 8+ Is wayyy to big for my liken. So should have X in a few weeks..

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/