Replacement Twist Dynamics Wing T-Brackets?

• I've seen a few posts on facebook where people have had issues with the T-Brackets on their Twist Dynamics Wing shearing off if they are not kept tight. Mine were checked before a long trip and when I got back 2 of them were sheared off. I am looking for stronger replacements. Anyone have a source or suggestion of someone that can / will make them out out stainless?

• I've seen a few posts on facebook where people have had issues with the T-Brackets on their Twist Dynamics Wing shearing off if they are not kept tight. Mine were checked before a long trip and when I got back 2 of them were sheared off. I am looking for stronger replacements. Anyone have a source or suggestion of someone that can / will make them out out stainless?

I think you may talked me out of a wing.

RNJ12

Are those aluminum? They need to be steel... I like the double “L” idea as suggested by
    Nemesis1701

• I found this thread a little confusing. I'm not trying to ding the OP, but why is it even necessary to ask for replacements from forum members? Is Twist Dynamics not providing support for their product? A support bracket shouldn't be breaking even if it comes slightly loose, especially since losing something like a wing could have devastating results at Interstate speeds. If the brackets do have a tendency to break under normal usage, I'd think TD would step up and correct the problem.

• He wasn't asking for replacements he was asking for brackets made out of stronger material. I just offered those because I didn't need them and it would get him and his wing back on the road and the extra one he is going to take to a machine shop and see if they can make him some out stainlessness steel. But you Probley could call and get some replacement brackets from twist.

• I found this thread a little confusing. I'm not trying to ding the OP, but why is it even necessary to ask for replacements from forum members? Is Twist Dynamics not providing support for their product? A support bracket shouldn't be breaking even if it comes slightly loose, especially since losing something like a wing could have devastating results at Interstate speeds. If the brackets do have a tendency to break under normal usage, I'd think TD would step up and correct the problem.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said here however Twist Dynamics hasn't responded to me at all or even SlingMods who is being nice enough to try and get them to respond / help me when I didn't even buy the wing from them. I also feel that they should be replacing them not with the cheap crap that they are made out of but something better that won't shear off.

As Chad said I am getting OEM Brackets just to get the wing back on my slingshot and will more than likely get new ones made at my expense as I don't want to take the chance in the long run of the wing breaking off at some point. Should i have to? Hell no but I like the looks of the wing and want to make it as safe as possible.

• their customer service has taken a nose dive from what it was when Noel owned them, they declined a warranty issue on LEDs for me because I bought them before the merge.

Yup hopefully Noel got all his money up front 'cause if history is any indicator they will run it into the ground ....

.. ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I couldn't agree more with everything you said here however Twist Dynamics hasn't responded to me at all or even SlingMods who is being nice enough to try and get them to respond / help me when I didn't even buy the wing from them. I also feel that they should be replacing them not with the cheap crap that they are made out of but something better that won't shear off.

As Chad said I am getting OEM Brackets just to get the wing back on my slingshot and will more than likely get new ones made at my expense as I don't want to take the chance in the long run of the wing breaking off at some point. Should i have to? Hell no but I like the looks of the wing and want to make it as safe as possible.

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the problems. It doesn't sound like TD is very interested in customer support.

• I'm really surprised no one has gotten back to you. I have talked to the folks at Slingshot Only and directly to Scott a few times, and he has always gotten back to me. I know there was some rough patches during the transition from Noel to Scott, but I have heard way more praise than complaints.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I'm really surprised no one has gotten back to you. I have talked to the folks at Slingshot Only and directly to Scott a few times, and he has always gotten back to me. I know there was some rough patches during the transition from Noel to Scott, but I have heard way more praise than complaints.

A good company would not be doing this, just saying.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.