hood to spoiler fit

• Searched but probably didn't the right phrasing. My hood does not match up to the front spoiler worth a fiddler's fart. Is it possible to adjust this fit? I looked underneath but not very well since garage was cold as all get out. If it is possible, I will turn on the heater and warm the garage up and fix it/

• do you mean something like this, I am able to adjust the driver side to almost perfect match but passenger side is a tough cookie and doesn't like to stay "fixed".

I have convinced myself that I "bent" something in one of the many bottom-out sections getting in or out of certain parking lots so it is out of my hands now and no longer pay much attention to it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• It can be adjusted to a point, but you can also stick a strong bar in the tube and pull it back into shape, I had to when an Armadillo ran out in front of me one night......lowered the whole wing down!

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• do you mean something like this, I am able to adjust the driver side to almost perfect match but passenger side is a tough cookie and doesn't like to stay "fixed".

I have convinced myself that I "bent" something in one of the many bottom-out sections getting in or out of certain parking lots so it is out of my hands now and no longer pay much attention to it.

Neosolidus, yep that is what I want to get to. Not even close right now. Don't know if previous owner hit something or what but needs some work to get to where you are at. I assume there are adjustments under the spoiler somewhere. Will have to warm up the garage and crawl under her and find them.

• Neosolidus, yep that is what I want to get to. Not even close right now. Don't know if previous owner hit something or what but needs some work to get to where you are at. I assume there are adjustments under the spoiler somewhere. Will have to warm up the garage and crawl under her and find them.

Check your wall for details

• I wish mine looked that good. I bet I spent four or five hours over a couple days trying to get mine aligned properly. There's only four bolts on each side that you can play with two for the hood and two for the wing. I got mine so I can live with it but it's not perfect.

• I wish mine looked that good. I bet I spent four or five hours over a couple days trying to get mine aligned properly. There's only four bolts on each side that you can play with two for the hood and two for the wing. I got mine so I can live with it but it's not perfect.

Take it off and get the voodoo fab front bumper. Then you can run over anyone or anything.

RNJ12

• If your screws are maxed out and it still does not line up, loosen them and bend tube a little forwards and up, that try adjusting the screws again. Also, I found my front hood latches done always latch, push down on those to make sure they all 4 are, when mine wasn’t, the wings were way off with just that being the issue.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Warmed up here so I finally got the spoiler aligned to the hood. Thanks for the video wjfyfe. It really was quick and easy. Very happy with the outcome. Also got the oil and filter changed, again, quick and easy. Now to do the rear end and the drive shaft. I will save that for hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for all the help folks, great place to hang out and learn. I hope to be able to contribute and help out some day.

• Warmed up here so I finally got the spoiler aligned to the hood. Thanks for the video wjfyfe. It really was quick and easy. Very happy with the outcome. Also got the oil and filter changed, again, quick and easy. Now to do the rear end and the drive shaft. I will save that for hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for all the help folks, great place to hang out and learn. I hope to be able to contribute and help out some day.

The best INFO around from the best and most informed people period.

• Make sure all your support screws 4 on each side are in the same position. Measure tip of spoiler to tyre, tip to floor, insert a 3/4 pipe from HDepot 24in long for leverage into front lower support bar and slowly pry the side that needs matching in position ( igual measurements). Move up down back forward to achive same on both sides. First check the the support bar brackets ( two) make sure they are straight. You need to get under the front, cant do it from your recliner.

• @Nemesis1701, thanks for the info. Already completed and happy with the results. For my SS it was very easy, didn't need a lift or anything. Everything moved easily and all bolts appear to be in same location. Looks much better in my eyes, a lot of people didn't even notice it but bugged the heck out of me. Now on to removing the catalytic converter. Need to do a search for instructions. I am hopeing to not have to remove side panels. Thanks to all for your help.

• Not for the cat, once you remove the 3 screws and springs it comes out. Dont have to remove the tub ( if you have one)......the monsters are the springs I mean like 3D monsters...patience, gloves and pictures as you go.

• Gloves I have, gonna have to work on patience. Guessing I am going to need a heavy duty spring puller or a needle nose vice grips and another set of hands. Oh well, too cold to ride so might as well get very familiar with the SS. Actually kind of looking forward to it. Then maybe I will have saved up enough for some shocks and CAI. Then that should be all the mods for awhile. Yeah right

• Gloves I have, gonna have to work on patience. Guessing I am going to need a heavy duty spring puller or a needle nose vice grips and another set of hands. Oh well, too cold to ride so might as well get very familiar with the SS. Actually kind of looking forward to it. Then maybe I will have saved up enough for some shocks and CAI. Then that should be all the mods for awhile. Yeah right

Probably a stupid question but what is CAI?

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436: