Veterans Day 2017

• Thanks for the info Larry. Was going to say thanks for the heads up but didn't want to let that one hang out there for you. Ops ok have some fun. It's deserved for that tip!

• @Tripod, I never considered posting this information as I thought most may have found out as it was a huge benefit for veterans and the MWR. So thanks for posting for those who may have not known and reminding those who did that may have forgotten. I tend to do most of my Christmas shopping online through the Exchange as they have some great sales and with no tax--awesome!

• Great news indeed. Thanks for posting Tripod.

I hadn't heard this benefit was coming until I saw this post and boy do I miss the BX shopping days.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I tried to register and it kept saying that it couldn't identify me with just my last 4 digits it kept asking for my full SSI number so I didn't bother with it anymore.

• A huge “shout out & thank you for your service” to our many forum members who are either veterans or current active duty.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks @Tripod.

Hey if you tweet(on Twitter) #salutetoservice ,the NFL will donate $5 dollars to a veteran organization(I forget which one). ;)

If you hate the NFL now, take money from them and give it to the Vets. ^^

Thanks @WOLF. However, I don’t “tweet” or Instagram or Facebook or anything else like that. This Slingshot forum is my only “social media”... That’s a great idea for those that do though! :thumbup:

• Just got off the phone with my daughter Crystal. She said to say hello to all of you she met at her welcome home from Afghanistan party at @KayTwo & @sideseatdriver’s house. She has adjusted well to civilian life & no PTSD issues.

She said the hospital she works at now had an awesome luncheon on Veterans Day. During the luncheon, the CEO of the hospital read the following & gave each vet a copy. I really like it & thought I’d share it with you all...

• Still getting registered for shopmyexchange. I also found out that there is one for the Navy another for the Coast Guard and also the Army and Marines. shopmyexchange is the airforce so now all four are on line. You might have to send your DD-214 to Vetverify. I am verfied but cannot register because there is a mistake in the system. http://www.mynavyexchange.com of course is the navy one

• Still getting registered for shopmyexchange. I also found out that there is one for the Navy another for the Coast Guard and also the Army and Marines. shopmyexchange is the airforce so now all four are on line. You might have to send your DD-214 to Vetverify. I am verfied but cannot register because there is a mistake in the system. http://www.mynavyexchange.com of course is the navy one

Agree, Fun - thanks for posting. Here’s some more information...

I just got around to trying to get into the 2 exchanges I want to use today. I served 4 years USAF & 6 years Navy.

The AF one is shopmyexhange.com (This is AAFES, Army Air Force Exchange System).

Navy is mynavyexchange.com

Had issues registering an account with both even after successfully going through vetverify.org.

Here’s what I learned:

The vetverify process MUST be done - it puts you into a computer system called CCD. YOU are responsible for calling customer service of each exchange you want to use. They then check CCD & can set you up. AAFES had my birthday wrong, got that fixed & they will send me an approval email in 24-48 hours. The Navy one will call me in 24-48 hours.

You can go to the various exchange websites (USCG & Marines also have exchanges - if you’re a vet, you can use any of them) & click the ‘contact us’ link to get the customer service phone #. All the exchange websites are listed at vetverify.org.

Hope this helps...