Veterans Day 2017

• @Tripod have you checked around on the Navy site and is it about the same as the shopmyexchange site? I have spent about 5 hours on the shopmyexchange site just looking at stuff and checking prices.

Haven’t looked around on the sites yet...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @Tripod have you checked around on the Navy site and is it about the same as the shopmyexchange site? I have spent about 5 hours on the shopmyexchange site just looking at stuff and checking prices.

Okay, Fun. I’m now all setup on both websites (have registered & setup accounts). I have nosed around on both sites. Did some random searches & here’s what I found...

Certain products may be available at one exchange but not the other. Certain products are priced higher than Amazon & others beat Amazon handily. Shipping is free on both sites if your order is over $49.00. Both sites are tax free. Obviously, the available selection at the exchanges will never exceed the quantity of items available on Amazon - they seem to carry about everything! (Read a statistic the other day that said 44¢ of every dollar spent on the internet goes to Amazon - pretty amazing...)

Sometimes eBay beats Amazon. Bottom line - always perform comparison shopping to get your best deal.

Both sites have sales & you can sign up for email promotions. Already received a $10 gift card coupon from Navy exchange. Doing a Google search, you can find discount promo codes for both sites also.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• For those who've had access to shop the exchanges have you attempted to apply for the exchange credit card? The reason that I ask is that this is another avenue of savings. The exchange sends gift cards for I believe every $200 (I believe this is the amount, I never pay attention lol) that you spend. We normally pay our balance in full, so when those gift cards arrive you can use them for your future purchases. I'm not sure if veterans are allowed to apply for the credit cards but if so, this is another way to save money. Also, if you find an item lower on any of the major stores to include Amazon and call customer service they will price match saving you more money. AAFES does price match and it's a painless process if you have time to make the call to inquire about the vendor you've found selling the item cheaper. Remember that supporting the exchanges is a great way to support the MWR programs. Good luck and continue enjoying the rewards.