gauges, don't need no stinking gauges

• I want to install an electric coolant temperature gauge...

Blow this one up to see wire color code...

So do you hook the wire to the gauge to the coolant sensor return wire?

Or do you have to tap into the radiator hose and add another sensor.....I still want the idiot light to work...

• I wouldn't recommend hooking up to any of the existing sensors. I would find a place to hook up a new electronic sensor and connect my new gauge to that. Most sensors don't play well with two gauges. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• We only have one temp sensor hole....

I talked to a guy today that suggested maybe taking out the factory sensor and installing a “T” fitting and using two sensors...if I still wanted the idiot light...saying tapping into the factory sensor wire might screw up the message you the computer...

• Anyone know the answer to the above question?

Get one of the adapters taht allow you to hook up the sensor into the upper radiator hose, that way you will also see the temperature of the coolant coming out of the engine. The stock sensor picks up the temperature of the coolant essentially going into the engine. If you put the sensor in the upper radiator hose, it will not read correctly until the thermostat opens up, just FYI.

Definitely do not hook the stock sensor up to both the stock ECM and an aftermarket gauge.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• Well I got my 1 1/2” temperature gauge and it doesn’t fit the crotch between the speedo and tach. I forgot the gauges move up and down with the tilt steering wheel...it would fit but then you couldn’t push the tilt wheel all the way up...

Now I’m trying to find a single 1 1/2” bezel for it....the company doesn’t even make one...I just talked to them....I replied I wish I knew that before I wasted my money on their gauge...their answer is to cut a hole in the dash....nice forward thinking company.

What’s the bezel cost them 10 cents....