Halloween done right

• We are taking the kids out for Halloween in the neighborhood this year, and we are very excited to be in a kid friendly neighborhood. We are also turning our cul-de-sac into a little party zone. Going to have a fire pit, going to be sitting out in the street with several neighbors with the treats, my neighbor has set up her garage as a photo booth complete with fog machine...

Got a little graveyard going....

And then there's the adult treats. Jello shots and gummi bears soaking in rum & vodka for a week.

This is how we Halloween. What's your plan? #norookies

• My night-time rides take me past a place that specializes in Drive-Thru Daiquiris and Jello Shots. Of course, about 2-3 miles from our house, we have a Drive-Thru Liquor store. WTH? Only in Texas, I guess!
    I just got thru doing the initial prep on 75 candy bags with assorted Hershey mini-bars. My Wife will be completing each bag with some Gummi Bear packs next. Last year we ran out after 50-60 kids, so hopefully we'll have enough this year.

• My night-time rides take me past a place that specializes in Drive-Thru Daiquiris and Jello Shots. Of course, about 2-3 miles from our house, we have a Drive-Thru Liquor store. WTH? Only in Texas, I guess!

When I was stationed in Newport, RI two decades ago, I got acquainted with the local drive-thru liquor store. I totally thought it was a fluke, but I saw them in other places in Rhode Island as well. Was back there this past spring, and that place is still going strong. Can't get the open drinks to go, but you can load the back of your car with bottles in the Drive-Thru. Wacky.

• @KayTwo, kudos sir. I have been living under a rock. A guy at work told me Friday about people that have beer, jello shots and grilled dogs and burgers for adults walking their children. First I ever heard of such greatness, and here you come with a big ol' confirmation. I salute you and @sideseatdriver, one day I hope to find such great Halloween practices.

My house only sees about one random kid a year. I tried for a few years, but have given up on passing out candy. ||

• Wow! You folks put a lot more thought into Halloween this year than I have. I was thinking about sitting out on the front porch with a beer and treating the kids to some new dance moves with an AirSoft pellet carbine. May have to re-think this.... probably draw more in with decorations and bait candy.

Just kidding.... Hope everyone has an enjoyable Halloween! Know I wil!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• A few years ago, I positioned myself in the driveway and had my Daughter outline my body with yellow caution tape. Unfortunately, I don't know what happened to the pic I had. I've thought about doing it again.

Just wanted to clarify that I didn't stay there to scare the H... out of kids on Halloween. I just left the tape outline on the driveway under the streetlight!

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• that was a really good setup - the neighborhood kids loved it

I looked at that picture first thing this morning when I sat at my office desk. Hard to believe I have to flip the calendar after tomorrow. I bet it was the talk of the neighbourhood for awhile

• it was great - we got lots of smiles letting the kids hop in ..... and my fingers were crossed for a sexy nurse to show up lost and in need if assistance but no luck - did have a cute mommy mummy but i think she was stuffing her bra LOL

• Our town has taken to the Saturday before Halloween for trick or treat. We did Trunk or Treat last year, but was only in the low 30's this yeas so we handed out from inside.

@KayTwo they have the drive thru places in Ohio (I'm 8 miles from the state line). They call them "Brew Thru" over there....

• We are taking the kids out for Halloween in the neighborhood this year, and we are very excited to be in a kid friendly neighborhood. We are also turning our cul-de-sac into a little party zone. Going to have a fire pit, going to be sitting out in the street with several neighbors with the treats, my neighbor has set up her garage as a photo booth complete with fog machine...

Got a little graveyard going....

Seems like you have a grave situation out there =O
    Here's a pic of daughter and friend in batmobile

• Last year I was getting my front door replaced a couple days after Halloween. So I put on a hoodie and a Jason mask got my ax from the garage and the wife was passing out candy from a chair sitting about 10 ft from the door. As the kids would come up to her for candy I would open the door and step out with the ax and stick the ax into the door. The screams were great. Now I didn’t scare the small ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Last year I was getting my front door replaced a couple days after Halloween. So I put on a hoodie and a Jason mask got my ax from the garage and the wife was passing out candy from a chair sitting about 10 ft from the door. As the kids would come up to her for candy I would open the door and step out with the ax and stick the ax into the door. The screams were great. Now I didn’t scare the small ones.

Greg, this year keep the mask off. That should scare anyone love ya like a brother bro

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Awesome!