CODE #....

• so i was doing about 70 on hwy, when it seemed like the brakes engaged/ or like loss of power for 2-3 secs. then it was ok..then it did it again..to my destination and back home..check engine light came on..i pulled over and saw this code.520275...manual says...throttle brake override//..what is fix for this..thanks :)

• I just find the codes - don’t know how to fix them!
    :00008172:

Sounds like a nanny is kicking in (ESC or Traction Control) so probably some sensor acting up. I would have the dealer plug it into Digital Wrench & see what they come up with.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Come to think of it, isn’t this the code when the vehicle thinks there’s a conflict with throttle position & the brake? If, for instance, you are holding steady speed with your foot on the throttle & you then put your left foot on the brake (I’m NOT saying you did this!) then this code would come in. Hmmmm...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Actually you are on track...i found out the issue...its the magnetic brake switch that forum posted (napa switch),,,so as i am steady speed as you say, the magnetic switch is starting to go bad..it sends signal as if i am steady speed and also hitting brake at same time, confusing the ecu? or something..that makes SS seem like its loosing power/braking...then when the mag. sw stops its fault...it goes back to normal operation,,until next time...so i went to Napa and got a new switch...but as i am hooking it up the friggin battery died,,hahah,,so i gotta wait now till it charges///thats another thing,,when your battery is LOW..(it will show in dash) there is not enough power to get your brake lights to work with the magnetic switch or turn on your headlights fully...:( //

• ok i am back...let try to splain..the napa switch was working fine..then it seems as if the internal connections of this switch started to make and break as time went on which in turn made the brake lights go on and off which effected cruise and made the SS seem like it was loosing power on and off on a typical ride...so i went to napa and got a new switch...today i attempted to install this switch and also made a new bracket ..now it seems its not working at all...i put a continuity tester across it and it shows closed all the time? keeping the lights on all the time..no matter what position plunger is. i took wires off the sw..and put them together and the brake lights came on as they should/// i dont get this as its a simple make or break switch? any help..or do i need to get lucky and get a new switch again from Napa? thanks for any insight..

• ok i am back...let try to splain..the napa switch was working fine..then it seems as if the internal connections of this switch started to make and break as time went on which in turn made the brake lights go on and off which effected cruise and made the SS seem like it was loosing power on and off on a typical ride...so i went to napa and got a new switch...today i attempted to install this switch and also made a new bracket ..now it seems its not working at all...i put a continuity tester across it and it shows closed all the time? keeping the lights on all the time..no matter what position plunger is. i took wires off the sw..and put them together and the brake lights came on as they should/// i dont get this as its a simple make or break switch? any help..or do i need to get lucky and get a new switch again from Napa? thanks for any insight..

Take the switch off and leave the wires hooked up and activate by hand or use a voltmeter set on resistance to find out the point where the switch actuates on and off. It may not be where you think it is supposed to be. I know I had the same problem.

• hi,,its weird,,,i have two of these sw...and both plungers are ALL the way in before making contact..:( plungers go all the way to black part of switch housing..in any case..the plungers are not my issue..its the PRONGS on back side...that when i touch them after its all installed. if i touch the prongs ever so slightly..the brake lites go on..:(

• Following closely @rydahog...hope you get to the bottom of this without too many headaches my friend!!!
    I can't help with the issues, as I haven't had it happen to me (yet), but I like to keep up on issues and see how they were remedied.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• hi roaddog,,,ok here is where i am at.i installed the Napa brake light switch actually (2), , and the problem with these switches is that the prongs are loose inside housing...and the very slighest touch to them or jogging in any way disconnects the circuit and then keep brake lights on and also disable cruise,,and when this continues it give check engine light and or the squiggly lines on dash guage..so what i did for now was to put some crazy glue onto the side of both prongs ,,,,and just came back from a ride,,and seems like it made the brakes light switch work as it should...no issues like before..but i will take it out again in a while to verify.
    Sooo i searched around and i found these same TYPE sw..https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026NAWPC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
    So on the original switch the white plunger when depressed by the actuator arm would have to go in all the way before opening the circuit. With the new one it only has to get depressed slightly before makeing the switch open...i will install this in a swhile and see how it works on the SS..:) hope that splains it ok..lol i will try to make a video to show and tell.hahha..

• hi roaddog,,,ok here is where i am at.i installed the Napa brake light switch actually (2), , and the problem with these switches is that the prongs are loose inside housing...and the very slighest touch to them or jogging in any way disconnects the circuit and then keep brake lights on and also disable cruise,,and when this continues it give check engine light and or the squiggly lines on dash guage..so what i did for now was to put some crazy glue onto the side of both prongs ,,,,and just came back from a ride,,and seems like it made the brakes light switch work as it should...no issues like before..but i will take it out again in a while to verify.
    Sooo i searched around and i found these same TYPE sw..https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026NAWPC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
    So on the original switch the white plunger when depressed by the actuator arm would have to go in all the way before opening the circuit. With the new one it only has to get depressed slightly before makeing the switch open...i will install this in a swhile and see how it works on the SS..:) hope that splains it ok..lol i will try to make a video to show and tell.hahha..

Makes sense!!! Thanks for the detailed description, review of the Napa switch, and possible alternative switch info!!!
    If this works better for you, I'll watch for your review, and probably pick up one or 2 switches to have on hand in the event of the factory switch taking a crap.
    :00000436:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Is there a list of codes and the description of the fault anywhere?
    I noticed yesterday I have a engine code on mine but no warning lights came on. I didn't write it down yet!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Is there a list of codes and the description of the fault anywhere?
    I noticed yesterday I have a engine code on mine but no warning lights came on. I didn't write it down yet!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

service manual ..... use search function and/or post codes here and someone will post what manual says

• So after installing the new brake light switch posted here...>>Sooo i searched around and i found these same TYPE sw..https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026NAWPC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
    i took the SS for a test ride today,,and BAM! awesome..everything works as it should..no cruise disengaging and no weird feelings like brakes are being applied periodically,,,no loss of speed...etc..40 mile ride and cruise works perfect.so in a nut shell for me...this braek switch above is better then the NAPA one posted in other places...jmho!...thanks all for reading...