Good hot wire sorce ?

• OK I finally got my led's installed on my side pipes so they will glow. My question is I bought a small fuse box that I am mounting inside the radio compartment and not sure if I need to run a hot wire straight from the battery or if I can tap off something with continuous power. I noticed the hazard light switch has continuous power but it is awful small gauge wire.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• OK I finally got my led's installed on my side pipes so they will glow. My question is I bought a small fuse box that I am mounting inside the radio compartment and not sure if I need to run a hot wire straight from the battery or if I can tap off something with continuous power. I noticed the hazard light switch has continuous power but it is awful small gauge wire.

It would be best to run a 12g wire to the battery as your power lead.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

Alternator lug ... just make sure to disconnect your battery first .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Thanks for the input. I guess back on the ground for me. But will be worth it for future hook ups. This is just the first round of lights. Amazing how much I can get done sitting at home all day. But still rather be working. This whole unemployment crap sucks. In 45 years I have never been without a job or even called in sick. Getting a little stir crazy. Trying to keep myself busy so I dont drink all day and smoke all my cigars. 8|

• What do the sound like?

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

They sound freaking awesome, ask anyone that was at Eureka Springs meet. I wish it was louder but that is just me. I always ran open headers growing up so I am not going to get that V8 sound I love.

• They sound freaking awesome, ask anyone that was at Eureka Springs meet. I wish it was louder but that is just me. I always ran open headers growing up so I am not going to get that V8 sound I love.

Sure you can, drop an LS1 motor in that shot, she'll talk a whole different sound!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Chain, How about a short write-up/pics on the side exhaust? parts, how you did it and a rough cost range. I've been thinking/dreaming about side exhausts for awhile now.

I can but I know I posted it before. Bought everything on Ebay.
    Header 95.00
    Side PIpes 250.00
    1000 degree heat wrap 35.00
    Y pipe my buddy made but Donnie had his made I think he said for 45.00
    Made some custom brackets to hold pipes and the cost to have exhaust pipes bent and welded.
    Thats a quicky on cost. I will do another write up with pictures if I cant find my old post

• Thanks, I must have missed your post. I searched and found it here - Duel Side pipes

• Thanks for the input. I guess back on the ground for me. But will be worth it for future hook ups. This is just the first round of lights. Amazing how much I can get done sitting at home all day. But still rather be working. This whole unemployment crap sucks. In 45 years I have never been without a job or even called in sick. Getting a little stir crazy. Trying to keep myself busy so I dont drink all day and smoke all my cigars. 8|

Go ahead and buy a fuse panel and hook it up to the battery, save you a lot of problems in the future. A lot of options on the auto market.