Cost for SPEED?

• depends on your definition of "fast"

straight line? twisties? track? fastest 60-0?

you can have bigger tires, bigger motor, bigger brakes.... many ways to make it faster.

or just give me the keys.

• Many will say Turbo, but for me that's too much bang and too much bucks. I just went with the non-aspirated upgrades, CAI, header and better exhaust, maybe a future tune. Tossed in some shocks for better cornering and at some point better tires. Enough bang for me and more reasonable bucks.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• Good point. Not worried about handling,
    I wont be hitting the corners fast anyway. Just making the motor stronger, faster on a straight line 0-60mph area.

• I wont be hitting the corners fast anyway.

Awe come on, that's where the SS really shines in my opinion! Come in hard and nail it on the way out, it's a blast.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• So what is the biggest bang for the buck to make the SS faster?

My thought is get some seat time in ... put 4 or 5000 miles before you go crazy with the mods. I've put 27,000+ miles in the seat of mine since Feb 2015. Few mods, F4 5+ tinted windshield, Baker 'Air Wings', and a rear hugger fender. Not so much for speed but for comfort while going do the road.

That's just my 3.5 cents "inflation"

• Well I'm about to get one. I guess I should clarify, I will not be throwing it hard in the corners as much as some of you young'un are doing. ;)

Most of the owners here are well beyond young'un lol. As Orange pointed out the SS shines in cornering, the 0-60 thing is a problem for the SS because only 1 rear tire with rear wheel drive and no weight on that tire.... you'll spin the tire even in 3rd gear with it stock...can't imagine how bad that spin is with a turbo.

• I will not be throwing it hard in the corners as much as some of you young'un are doing.

LOL, haven't been called that in a long time. Matter of fact been hearing that I'm an old man from the wife so much lately I'm starting to believe it.

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• Well I'm about to get one. I guess I should clarify, I will not be throwing it hard in the corners as much as some of you young'un are doing. ;)

The ss excels in the corners, it's made for them, regardless of age.

1) Find someone going turbo, buy a used cai. Find someone selling an used exhaust, plenty available. Buy some 1320 headers = $700-1000
    2) Buy ^ those items new $1200-1700
    3) Buy a turbo or supercharger $2500(joke)-6500
    4) Buy a ^ and build your engine = additional $2500-3000
    5) Buy a v8 = $20000-25000
    6) add a turbo to v8 = I'm just guessing...$5000
    7) get a ddm short shifter = $150
    So there are options from $150-30000
    The elbow in the stock intake is very restrictive, so is the cat in the exhaust, and the exhaust

• What are you trying to do @Shack dethrone me from the "owner of most used aftermarket parts" ? :D