Hug your kids tonight

• Wouldn't want to trade places with you on them walks. We had a tragedy last week. One of my best friends granddaughter committed suicide at the age of 20. My own daughter is just a few months older than she was. If these young people could only see that most of there pains they suffer can be helped and that ending their lives is not the answer. Never a good thing to watch a family go through a unexpected death of a loved one.
    Bottom line as @KayTwo said HUG YOUR KIDS

• You're not gonna believe it. Got assigned another death notification, right here in town. Sailor from another NOSC got shot to death. His parents live here. So, I got to go over and tell them this afternoon, and their daughter. They already knew, got a call from a detective at 10 am, but we were the official word. Dad and sis were good, plus the other 8-10 family members gathered around. Mom lost her shit when she saw the uniforms coming for an official visit. Not fun, but easier than the one I did a week ago. Maybe because the first one is the hardest, but also somehow I think the suicide rattled me a little more. Anyhoo, just another life experience I wish I didn't have. Go Navy.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• When we were in college, if we got in trouble, we were put on restriction. Basically, you couldn't leave campus, you had to march in circles or squares for set periods of time, etc.

OH you were one of those kinda kids - A problem child...
    Us goodie 2 shoes didn't associate with

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• When we were in college, if we got in trouble, we were put on restriction. Basically, you couldn't leave campus, you had to march in circles or squares for set periods of time, etc.

Bunch of wussies.
    When i was in the USAF and got in trouble, i couldn't stay in my quarters.......
    I had to go out and paint the rocks around the flight line with white paint.
    No really, I had to literally take a paint brush and a gallon of white paint and paint all the rocks in the flower beds around the flight line buildings snow frickin white.
    I mean so white that when the sun hit them you had to squint.
    I would have much rather walk in a square or stay in my quarters.

• You're not gonna believe it. Got assigned another death notification, right here in town. Sailor from another NOSC got shot to death. His parents live here. So, I got to go over and tell them this afternoon, and their daughter. They already knew, got a call from a detective at 10 am, but we were the official word. Dad and sis were good, plus the other 8-10 family members gathered around. Mom lost her shit when she saw the uniforms coming for an official visit. Not fun, but easier than the one I did a week ago. Maybe because the first one is the hardest, but also somehow I think the suicide rattled me a little more. Anyhoo, just another life experience I wish I didn't have. Go Navy.

Welp. That sucked. Funeral for our Sailor who grew up locally was today. His CO (Commanding Officer) was here, and she presented the flag to the parents, but I helped her by presenting the flags to the 9 yo daughter and 3 yo son. FUCK THAT NOISE. More hugs for the kids tonight.