Anything I should know before I put the Slingshot on Jack stands?

• If you’re just changing angle drive fluid, no need to lift vehicle, can access from ground. Use a bottle pump to install new oil...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• If lifting whole vehicle, do front first (lock emergency brake to keep vehicle in place). If ever lifting rear only, chock front wheels!

• How often is the angle drive fluid changed?

RNJ12

Per owners manual maintenance schedule, every 50,000 miles. However, this is waaaay too long of a service interval - highly recommend changing it early in its life (say, 1000 miles) then return to the maintenance schedule (but personally would change every 10,000 miles not 50,000) - opinions vary. You will get a lot of nasty break-in metal & sludge on drain plug the 1st time you change it.

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Based upon questions being raised in this thread, a gentle reminder to all... There is a wealth of good information in your factory owners manual & it would be greatly beneficial for all Slingshot owners to read & familiarize themselves with it. If you’ve lost yours or want an electronic copy to put on your phone and/or laptop or tablet, here’s the link:

http://cdn.polarisindustries.c…als/9923991r01-lo-res.pdf

• Based upon questions being raised in this thread, a gentle reminder to all... There is a wealth of good information in your factory owners manual & it would be greatly beneficial for all Slingshot owners to read & familiarize themselves with it. If you’ve lost yours or want an electronic copy to put on your phone and/or laptop or tablet, here’s the link:

http://cdn.polarisindustries.c…als/9923991r01-lo-res.pdf

Tripod, even though I did read the owners manuel and do on everything I purchase. I turned to the owners of the Slingshot community to get ideas and instructions often not addressed in a owners guide. No matter how well you read the manual you never get the experience and wealth of information that you can get when you have the input and knowledge of the people that work on and drive them as often as the members of this forum. If I asked a question that everyone should know only having owned the slingshot for 3 weeks I do apologize.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

Edited once, last by MWSlingshot ().

• Get some jack-stand pads to help protect the frame-rails and paint.
    Also,use pads on your floor jack lift-point. If your floor jack retailer doesn't have rubber/neoprene pads that fit your jack, hockey pucks can be bought in bulk relatively cheaply from Amazon or EBay and work well. If you want to take the time to do so, hockey pucks can also be grooved relatively easily. A hacksaw, for example, can be used to cut a shallow groove.

Also,use pads on your floor jack lift-point. If your floor jack retailer doesn't have rubber/neoprene pads that fit your jack, hockey pucks can be bought in bulk relatively cheaply from Amazon or EBay and work well. If you want to take the time to do so, hockey pucks can also be grooved relatively easily. A hacksaw, for example, can be used to cut a shallow groove.

I have a 4” square block of wood with a rubber pad that I made to fit my jack plate. My stands have a carpet padding rapped around the contact point. But thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

Very very nice tip thanks I never thought about that.

RNJ12

• I have a 4” square block of wood with a rubber pad that I made to fit my jack plate. My stands have a carpet padding rapped around the contact point. But thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I bought HF jack-stand pads for my jack-stands, but they didn't offer a pad for my floor-jack. I had already seen some damage to the frame-rails when I realized I needed a pad of some type. I bought one from NAPA that sorta fit, but then read a post someplace about using hockey pucks.

• I bought HF jack-stand pads for my jack-stands, but they didn't offer a pad for my floor-jack. I had already seen some damage to the frame-rails when I realized I needed a pad of some type. I bought one from NAPA that sorta fit, but then read a post someplace about using hockey pucks.

I posted about hockey pucks originally...

Floor Jack