Remember when??????

• While I was at Eureka Springs with a bunch of SS nuts, most of us looking for that next mod I got into a very fun conversation with @Slingrazor.

We were in the midst of swapping the SC from @Dave@DDMWorkss (Not really yellow) SS to a newbie @BigLills SS. Shawn and Beth were combing the shelves and tents looking at all of the what could be some day stuff. Well Beth was doing the combing, Shawn was love struck by the SlingTunes tent.. :P .

At somepoint Trent said, "Remember when there was only like 4 options on mods and SlingMods was like the only place out there. We all watched with baited breath for anything new to pop up on the web. OH look it is a new steering wheel, shifter, carpet,.. we could not wait to find and probably purchase the next item.

Now us OGs ( @DKF Texas knows who I mean) and old timers sit and watch the newer folks bounce around trying to figure out what to buy, can I get a loan and buy more.. :rolleyes:

NOW THINK ABOUT THIS!!!! That was only 2 yrs ago... We have come a long way in the SS community. We have awesome vendors and even more awesome riders.

Disclaimer: I am one of the young guys.. really I am. shut up Trent....

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Early in my ownership (2+ years now), @hrmiracle advised me that the best mod is no mod.

I've stuck to that, and so missed all of your excitement. Madstad windshield, was necessary and delightful as I bought a base. Recently, my wife insisted on floor mats, and some pin-striping. No biggie.

Nice to see the dramatic increase in vendor support, but can't say I follow it too closely. Most in my area are getting boosted, with the DDM supercharger being the fashion of the moment. For me, zzz. Tops, led lighting, air ride, performance shocks, cai, PRP seats, air ride, fat tires, hmm. Zzz.

Might pick up some MeanSling roll bar bags. Extra storage would be nice for overnight trips with my bride, and not too much $$$.

Next planned mod, is to put gas in the beast, and possibly wash it.

Disclaimer: I am a young guy too, at least in my mind. I just act like an old fart.

• Many years ago, we used to race sprint cars so I'm very familiar to purchasing HIGH performance parts. I'll probably end up pulling the trigger sooner or later on a few mods, but these prices are killing me! You can throw a pretty strong 350 together at a fairly reasonable price, and I realize the Sling is a new vehicle, but damn...these prices are a little nuts. Especially for a Chevy 4 cyl.! Right now, the wife and I are just enjoying the ride. I did, however, put on some pretty cool valve stem caps! :00000441::00008356::00008172:

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• The best mod is EVERY MOD! There’s almost nothing left stock on mine. Wouldn’t do it any differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Agreed!!! I thought I was done once...then I realized that was crazy talk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I had about 2000 dollars in parts a week before I got my SS. Mines a 2015 so I was a early adopter. I remember when there was like 3 exhaust systems. A couple of shift nobs, 2 or 3 steering wheel options. I remember when they became legal to drive in Indiana. I was either going to get gray or red then they came out with nuclear sunset orange. I was in love. I also remember that painter had just custom painted his a similar orange color a few months before and then Polaris came out with the LE and rained on his custom parade.

• $2000 in parts? Really?

For the same money, you could track 10x up my way. Buy it to ride it, not pimp it.

Off to the track for the 3rd time this year in less than 24 hours. Would have been the 4th time this year, if not for a rain-out in April.

Money doesn't grow on trees for me. I try to make sense out of my mods. Wife, ex-wife, 4 kids, college tuition, 2 grandkids, 2 houses, other toys, blah, sobers you up. Paying cash, never credit, also clears your mind. I bought a base. If I financed, an SL would have been just a few more coins per month. But, paying cash, it was a $4k difference. You seriously think about that when writing a check.

One day, there will be an anti-mod pill. Big pharma is on the case, for sure. They want your mod money.

• Zero. I had planned on keeping it stock. Is there a grade lower than F?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Red Alpha Oil Cap...mhm!

• It’s great that you enjoy the track and get to do that. I personally enjoy seeing all the different ways folks personalize their Slings!

• I had about 2000 dollars in parts a week before I got my SS. Mines a 2015 so I was a early adopter. I remember when there was like 3 exhaust systems. A couple of shift nobs, 2 or 3 steering wheel options. I remember when they became legal to drive in Indiana. I was either going to get gray or red then they came out with nuclear sunset orange. I was in love. I also remember that painter had just custom painted his a similar orange color a few months before and then Polaris came out with the LE and rained on his custom parade.

No one rains on Painter! His custom paint is just that...Custom

• I had an exhaust, steering wheel, a bunch of little engine dress up crap. A CAI, my halos and some other goodies. But yea I was drinking the slingshot Kool aid big time all ready. Never regret anything. I love mine just put on a new carbon fiber wing and a slingtunes aftermarket horn. I love being a pioneer. And yes I did pay cash for mine. And yes I do realize that I paid extra for the color. :D

• Learned after years and years of riding snowmobiles that someone can always outspend you and go faster......I bought them for comfort not to be the first guy across the lake........Bought the Sling with the same thing in mind and yes I'm am old fart.........To tired to hold up my 850lb bike with my wife and I on it anymore....The Sling is the prefect answer.............Now I'm not saying theres not going to be some.........."chicken lights".............yep I'm a trucker too...........put on maybe some mudflaps with the chrome naked girl cutouts but that's about it..............LOL have a great day everyone............Oh and maybe a Cat diesel power decal just to screw with the unslingsot educated

• Ahhh, the memories. I am honestly unsure if there were any mods to stockpile when I got mine. Being first in Michigan and one of the first overall, the vendors didn't have their template Slings yet.

After getting it, I very much remember the excitement of each new mod. Watching Alpha and Slingmods lead the charge as the grew from nothing. Simply for the love of the Sling. We all brainstormed every idea, sometimes at nausium. But it was so fun. With all the stuff out there now, it's funny to think how excited we were for a coil pack cover. A simple piece of metal.

Of course we all still rock one because they dress up the engine so nice. Especially after some @Painter love. Good memories @SlingRider, and it was three years ago brother. :)

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• Or both like @lrobbi and @TheRock...

Custom and track-ready. :thumbup: