Hood can open if latches not latched.

• Constructive criticism does play a vital role in everyday growth and learning. Sam was simply stating that folks should check their hood latches. His way is a bit more detailed than that, I didn’t take it as him bashing the added hood system he has, more so explaining his experience with said system. Sam is a wealth of knowledge and a good guy to boot. His presence will be missed...
    Marco when did you get pigtails...they sure are helpful on those messy hair days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago Danna!

After the first girl... I kinda had to learn...

With three... Pony/pig tail king! :thumbsup:

Still don't get why Sam left/is leaving? ?(

• I guess this can sometimes be a tough arena.

But you can't take everything people say here to heart.
    Some do it in jest and some just do not understand the point you are trying to make.
    This is a common problem with email / text communications it leave a lot to how you read it.

It is a shame Sam is a great guy and full of valuable information. His intentions are only to help others.
    I will miss his videos and detailed explanations of solutions to problems we all encounter.

I hope he reconsiders - the dark side is no place for anyone.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I believe the explanation has something to do with the life of a thread here on the forum. Once a subject has been discussed, the derail begins instead of the thread just ending. Sometimes during the discussion. If you aren't used to it, or expecting it, it can be distracting to some, I'm sure. TDS doesn't have near the level of levity that we have here and subjects are adhered to much more closely. The irreverence displayed here could be mistaken as disrespect instead of just good ol' fun, which is the way I take it.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have not been around this forum that long. Don't know Sam at all other than finding some videos on utube. I found them boring at best or at least the ones I watched anyway. But the way he left here and then go to another forum to bash this forum I found to be childish.

• I've learned 98% of what I know about the ss from Sam's you tube videos. Sam the people on here are generally good people but ALWAYS you will have a bad egg or two don't let them steal your thunder. I haven seen a video for the angle drive oil change but sure would be helpful for me instead of smelling like a old boathouse. Sam "You are responsible for your own happiness" (my beautiful wife taught me that) don't let anyone take that away from you.

RNJ12

• I have not been around this forum that long. Don't know Sam at all other than finding some videos on utube. I found them boring at best or at least the ones I watched anyway. But the way he left here and then go to another forum to bash this forum I found to be childish.

I've learned 98% of what I know about the ss from Sam's you tube videos. Sam the people on here are generally good people but ALWAYS you will have a bad egg or two don't let them steal your thunder. I haven seen a video for the angle drive oil change but sure would be helpful for me instead of smelling like a old boathouse. Sam "You are responsible for your own happiness" (my beautiful wife taught me that) don't let anyone take that away from you.

RNJ12

Did you expect someone to juggle balls while demonstrating an oil change?

RNJ12

No you haven’t been here long. As far as forum bashing...again you haven’t been here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Folks, I have request to leave Slingshotinfo Forum all together. I had a very valid message and was give no support for something that I feel is very important. I am totally interested in informing the owners that do not understand a lot of technical stuff. I want to give them details of the whys things are important to do, show them details explanation of the technical points to better understand. My message was why you should make sure that all latches are fully latched. I was clear that the Extended Range Hood Hinge is not at fault by itself. It is cocked and always ready for the driver that fails to latch the hood and the gas lift shock responds when the air pressure is high enough to lift the hood at the speed of 60 mph on my Slingshot. The hood and windshield area act as wing area of an airplane and lift is created along with the air from under the hood. I felt the owners would except the video along and a real full explanation would not be need. The more technical minded the people are, the more detail are needed. I have reached the full explanation with my exit from the site.
    I will be on the other Forum if anyone wants to hear and see my messages in the future.

Sole long and all have a safe ride always.
    samowen44

Sam I know you are gonna be, but will contact you on Facebook

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Folks, I received a nice PM inviting me back to this Forum. I want us to all start over and put my reaction to things I was not accustom to receiving behind us. I do realize that there are different views that need to be expressed. I do not need to have approval for all I post. I will accept criticism with open arms. We can move right on like nothing ever happened. I have some new stuff I am working on for a new subject. I will bore some of you with it soon.

• Folks, I received a nice PM inviting me back to this Forum. I want us to all start over and put my reaction to things I was not accustom to receiving behind us. I do realize that there are different views that need to be expressed. I do not need to have approval for all I post. I will accept criticism with open arms. We can move right on like nothing ever happened. I have some new stuff I am working on for a new subject. I will bore some of you with it soon.

I'm looking forward to that. I've learned no matter what you do or say you will ALWAYS have haters, ignore them and concentrate more on the fine folks who appreciate your efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Bring it on Sir.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Thanks is a good wake up call for all of us, new to old. Our intentions are good and we need to respond with respect. This one was my fault and I am very thankful that Sam choose to come back!!!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• To all members, we have all shock hands and now we are back to normal, I have more to share and of my normal stuff that you are all use to seeing. My inventions and how-to maintenance stuff on HD Video.

Thank You @samowens44

• :thumbup::00000436: Life is to short to be angry and unhappy. I have learned from your videos and hope to from other ones. Unfortunately it's hard to express emotion thru typed words and sometimes words are read out of context.