Clover LED Headlights

• So I'm looking to get a set of those that @rabtech, @MACAWS, @kenny_h, and others have...

Would these work?
    JAHURD LED Light Bar 18W Flood [2 Pack] -3 inch Round LED Work lights LED Pods Driving Fog Lights for 4WD Off-road, Truck, Car, ATV, SUV, Jeep Boat 12v 24v ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yTG3zb1KWABAC

Also, what's the process? Are there already OEM harness plugs there? I haven't checked and don't remember... I think there is?

If there are plugs, does anyone have a link to the opposite side harness?

Thanks in advance!

• @MiM

They look like they will work. Just need to confirm the diameter.
    There are fog light plugs already on your Sling and @ Slingmods has a kit with a switch that you can use to hook them up.
    You will need to either put plugs on the lights or wire them directly.

you will also need to make some mounting plates for the lights but it pretty simple

I am sure there is a thread somewhere one of us posted. If not I will hunt down some pictures for you

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yes, wondering about diameter... And my initial thoughts was rather than going the fog light route... Just plugging or tapping into the wiring or plugs for the Canadian route... I don't need them on a switch and don't mind them on all of the time.

Eventually I would like to get my headlights and center lights on separate switches... But that seems beyond me.

• Yes, wondering about diameter... And my initial thoughts was rather than going the fog light route... Just plugging or tapping into the wiring or plugs for the Canadian route... I don't need them on a switch and don't mind them on all of the time.

Eventually I would like to get my headlights and center lights on separate switches... But that seems beyond me.

You don't want them on all the time - they are bright

The kit with the plug is pretty simple
    Plug in the relay to the open spot
    Plug the switch harness into the OEM harness
    Then you have power to the fog light plugs - easiest way to do it by far

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Some states only allow 4 lamps on at once, with lights as bright as these you would sure get noticed so I would check your state laws.

That's interesting. I never thought about that. Had the Canadian setup on my 15 and ran all 6 at once. Just looked up my state regs. Seems we are not allowed to have more than 4 on at a time. Guess it's a good thing I didn't spend the $400+ adding the lights to my 17. 8o

• That's interesting. I never thought about that. Had the Canadian setup on my 15 and ran all 6 at once. Just looked up my state regs. Seems we are not allowed to have more than 4 on at a time. Guess it's a good thing I didn't spend the $400+ adding the lights to my 17. 8o

A lot of guys don't know this law, and most probably wont get stopped for it but the right LEO on a bad day may. The Canadian slings don't have the center lights, just the outer 4. I would make sure I had a switch on 2 of them if I ran 6 lamps.

• @MiM There was a guy at eureka springs that had those or some very similar to those. and man where they BRIGHT. he just plugged them into his harness. I will see if i can find the pictures i took. I am Thinking of doing the same thing due to how Bright they are.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• @MiM a standard 3" OD LED should work. The ones sold in the off-road market have become generic and also very cheap in the construction as the market became flooded with inexpensive versions. I recommend paying a little more and find an established name.
    Send me your address via PM as I may have a used set I can send you for free.
    Better quality and better looking.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @MiM a standard 3" OD LED should work. The ones sold in the off-road market have become generic and also very cheap in the construction as the market became flooded with inexpensive versions. I recommend paying a little more and find an established name.

Thanks Patrick!

I understand and the lower quality and cheaper prices, but they had so so reviews...?

I also realize sometimes you pay more and get the same... (tricled, cough cough...)

Which kind of worries me since they are the providers of the fog relay kit... But again, many 5 star reviews on slingmods...

If you can send me the info on the ones you used, I'd appreciate it.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• If you can send me the info on the ones you used, I'd appreciate it.

@Br4hm4 I used the ones from my day job at Rugged Ridge. We have the traditional style clovers and also some newer version with Amber DRL LEDs as well. They are manufactured for us by a reputable supplier. The Rugged Ridge name can be removed with acetone.
    The trick is the mounting brackets. I had mine just recessed in the opening. The bracket will dictate where you can place it. Inbound will allow more adjustment when aiming the lights.

Had a mounting kit all designed before Polaris stopped supplying the structure under the US models. Now there looks to be not enough models (years) for this simple conversion kit. Another solution will be needed. For those of us with 16.5 and older SS it's an easier upgrade.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• A lot of guys don't know this law, and most probably wont get stopped for it but the right LEO on a bad day may. The Canadian slings don't have the center lights, just the outer 4. I would make sure I had a switch on 2 of them if I ran 6 lamps.

I am running 8 lights on the front counting the fog lights. I keep all of them on all of the time. Just maybe people will see me. :00000004:

• Thanks @WingShot and @MACAWS... Going to go with the @slingmods kit... :thumbup:

Can anybody confirm the diameter? Might replace the originals too (outer, not inner)... Could all 4 (2 outers on each side) be wired together?

As far as the diameter is concerned, the headlights you referenced in your OP are a littler smaller and might fit better than the second set.
    Assuming you have had the headlight recall fix or bought your Slingshot AFTER the recall repair became part of production, the outer headlight circuit should be protected by a 20A breaker, meaning the normal total load should be no more than about 15A (allowing for a safety cushion). Even if you were running two standard H3 55W incandescent bulbs that works out to between 8-9A+/-, depending on how well your electrical; system is working [(2 x 55W)/14.4V = 7.7A] or [(2 x 55W)/12V = 9.2A]. Adding 2 18W headlamps to that circuit should only add around 2.5-3A.
    Given the reported brightness many folks say these lights have, you might want to consider off wiring them to the High Beam circuit so they automatically go off when you dim your headlights. If you really want to get fancy, you could wire the outer headlights to only come on with your Low Beams and the newer headlights to only come on with your High Beams. That way, you never have more than four active headlights and are less likely to get pulled over.
    I just went outside and the inner headlight opening is pretty close to the diameter of the Amazon headlights. The other lights can probably be n ade to fit, but the Amazon units are closer in size.

Edited once, last by BKL ().