Dash lights 5 amp fuse

• Recently had all the dash lights, radio and GPS (running off the glove box plug) go out. Engine kept running. Next morning, I fixed the problem, until it might happen again.
    Red push button was lit, tail lights, stop lights, headlights all good.

I found the blown fuse next day, but can't figure out why the radio also went out, as well as the cigarette plug.
    Dash lights is a 5 amp circuit in fuse box (right side of fuse block, top fuse).
    There is a separate fuse for radio, and that didn't blow. Guessing the acc-on receptacle in glove box was also on another circuit, as 5 amp would seem low for that circuit.

Thought I'd post in case someone has an idea why everything NOT related to dash lights were all on the same fuse.

Thanks

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• It was at night, and we were trying to out-run the thunder storm. Little scary with lightening being the only illumination.
    Thankfully the GPS ran on battery and I could see speed on there.
    When I put in garage, I saw speedo was stuck at 58 mph, and tach just over 2000.
    Once I changed fuse, gauges reset.

Gremlins it is!

• I have had this same problem with mine also. mine all started after recalls were done and radio installed. Had two radios put in still happens. so i just wired the radio straight to my aftermarket fuse block and have not had a problem since. I have a 2017 model

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I have had this same problem with mine also. mine all started after recalls were done and radio installed. Had two radios put in still happens. so i just wired the radio straight to my aftermarket fuse block and have not had a problem since. I have a 2017 model

My radio is factory, but I did install a Digital Guard Dawg,maybe that fed juice into other circuits.

• Mine are aftermarket radios, I used the radio harness from slingmods. well I used to use it. I will take a closer look at the factory harness once I pull the dash off to do some more radio wiring. I would like to find the problem and fix it, do not like these electrical problems there such a headache.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• @Trooper - The Slingmods radio adapter instructions caution to disconnect the Radio and Accessory fuses before connecting the radio adapter to the radio power harness or the fuses might blow. Maybe a loose connection was causing a problem, since you say directly wiring your radio to an accessory fuse block eliminated the problem.

• @Trooper - The Slingmods radio adapter instructions caution to disconnect the Radio and Accessory fuses before connecting the radio adapter to the radio power harness or the fuses might blow. Maybe a loose connection was causing a problem, since you say directly wiring your radio to an accessory fuse block eliminated the problem.

Yes Sir, I did follow the instructions this time lol for once. not sure what is going on with it. it does not happen right away it may be an hour in the ride or 30 minuets. I have to take it to the dealer to get the brakes fixed so i will ask them if they had any problems like this. Think i will just leave it hooked up to the fuse block since i am not having any problems like this now.

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Yes Sir, I did follow the instructions this time lol for once. not sure what is going on with it. it does not happen right away it may be an hour in the ride or 30 minuets. I have to take it to the dealer to get the brakes fixed so i will ask them if they had any problems like this. Think i will just leave it hooked up to the fuse block since i am not having any problems like this now.

The independent connection is probably the best way to go. When I initially hooked up the radio adapter harness, I shorted the always-on accessory fuse and the radio wouldn't hold its memory settings. I just assumed the radio was bad and replaced it with a model I liked better before I found the blown fuse! ?(