2018 Slingshot Tribute to Painter

• I feel bad. Like I am disappointing so many.

I want to start by saying THANK YOU to those that took a moment or moments to contribute to our Tribute project. Your selflessness is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, however, there were not enough submissions to create the piece I had in mind. Even when I include photos submitted for the 2017, 2018, and what has been received for the 2019 calendar I just cannot pull together the vision in my mind. Even if I include those photos that weren't high resolution. In the end, I refuse to provide what I consider to be a substandard product or a hodge-podge of photos without carrying through a high quality and cohesive theme.

Instead, I am taking a slightly different route and hope that before everyone heads out to Maggie Valley to share with you a different idea that pays tribute to the spirit of so many on this great forum.

Again, I am sorry I could not pull this off. I hope that my inability has not moved the focus away from the goal we were all trying to accomplish.

As for the submissions that were so kindly shared - I plan on including them with the other photos for consideration for the 2019 calendar - I am also more than happy to share them with anyone who would like to take a stab at a tribute piece .... there are so many of you with so much more talent than I

• @Ross easy boy don't be so hard on yourself! No one here would ever want to see you do something that doesn't meet your criteria or visions. What you have done with the calendars is a true work of art. You won't be letting anyone down, if you don't feel it then possibly revisit at a later date. If you try again in the fall for more or better pictures giving us the summer to try and get some better photos that might bring more owners out of the woodwork. And definitely don't be afraid to ask for assistance with anything. The whole forum family will help anyway we can

• @Ross easy boy don't be so hard on yourself! No one here would ever want to see you do something that doesn't meet your criteria or visions. What you have done with the calendars is a true work of art. You won't be letting anyone down, if you don't feel it then possibly revisit at a later date. If you try again in the fall for more or better pictures giving us the summer to try and get some better photos that might bring more owners out of the woodwork. And definitely don't be afraid to ask for assistance with anything. The whole forum family will help anyway we can

Well said brother!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Yeah Ross, I couldn't like your post... You are in no way shape or form a failure. Ever. Period. This project is and was at the hands of people who've been blessed by Jim's work...

If like me, they failed to submit pictures, then we failed, not you.

I was also under the impression, based on Jim's request, that something different was going to occur... Either way, the calendars are a great tribute to what is this forum and family. Yes, we are all here because of the Slingshot, but I value the people I meet (and selfies we take), more than the pictures of my Slingshot. That's why I submitted those to you for this year's calendar.

I like my Slingshot, I love my Slingshot, but there are so many out here that I love and admire in their own way, that it just doesn't take priority to share pictures of just my Sling. And unfortunately, because I haven't been to an event yet this year (here comes Kerrville though), I haven't had opportunities to take group pictures of members to send those...

So my bad... But you rock! And keep rocking on brother! :00000436:

• @Ross I'm sorry that you weren't able to put together the calendar as you envisioned but I'd never want you, nor would any one else, to sacrifice a product you could not truly feel good about. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to submit a few photos and I'm sure that the replacement for this will be amazing. I won't be able to attend MV but if things change--I'll be more than happy to line the SS up for a photo op. Thank you for the time and effort that you committed to this production that did not come to fruition.

• @Ross, my friend, you are being way to hard on yourself! Last I knew, you were right at double digits for photos submitted. How can you put anything together with that response? If you had 30 photos, and all were perfect, that's still likely less than you had thought originally would be in there. I can send you a couple that are higher resolution of mine, but it's in the garage and the lighting is not the best. I've not had it out of the garage since late October, and currently have my SS torn apart getting it ready for the nicer weather that is sure to come in the next month or two. Even if I got a sunny day, until I get it where I can move it, I still can't get any worthy pics of consideration.

I liked your post, but like @MiM it was difficult to do. What I liked was the humbleness you wrote, while I think it had nothing to do with your lack of ability. You can only work with what is submitted.

• @Ross Jim was very flattered for sure, but in his truest form, he would rather see the praise be "Pay It Forward" which is why he wants it to include more than just his work.

NOW FOR YOU DEADBEATS!!! I know you all have a pic or two of your sling somehere, doing something, etc.

Get off you collective butts and send Ross the pics.

@kenny_h can we create a sticky for the pics to put it on the main page for a while?

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...