2018 Slingshot Tribute to Painter

• Jim has even touched on me early on and I thanked him, all he said is just do not say where it came from. I think that everyone on this forum has passed something on to someone else on here. That is what family is for, to help each other out and I personally would like to say thank everyone here.

• @Painter, I get it, I'm about to start having fun with you guys myself. :whistling: Picking up supplies tomorrow :thumbsup::saint: As far as the videos,.. well, it was a way to share what's happening around here in a quick version :thumbup: Again, you started me on this journey of painting, and now airbrush. The piece I'm working on now my wife just looked at it and said,..." holly S##t, where is this coming from? Where did you learn how to do that?" I looked at her and said, " you think it's ok? It's something new I'm trying. Painter told me the possibilities are endless." That is what you gave me sir. The strength to try, the strength to continue,....thank you sir, you really know how to pay it forward :thumbup:

• Really cannot think of a better person to pay tribute too. You are the master @Painterand very, very deserving. We may all pay it forward to some extent but I cannot think of anyone who has personally touched so many forum members, and never asking or wanting anything in return.

• Really cannot think of a better person to pay tribute too. You are the master @Painterand very, very deserving. We may all pay it forward to some extent but I cannot think of anyone who has personally touched so many forum members, and never asking or wanting anything in return.

Excellent comment Tom!
    100% in agreement

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You are as good with words as you are with paint @Painter
    Very thoughtful and well written post that really conveys your feelings. Thank you!!!
    At the end of the day, we are all simply human beings, BUT, some among us are more "HUMAN" than others.
    I agree 100% with everything my fellow Slingers have already said so well above....and since I'm not very good with words....I sincerely raise my glass and say: "RESPECT and SALUTE"......nuff said......

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I have no words. Just to be mentioned in that post is an honor to me, although the reason is that I'm currently the next one up. This forum and it's members never cease to amaze me, and I'm so thankful I landed here and made all the wonderful friends that I have.

• @Painter
    You have done a lot of (oh shit) repairs for me and was even at my side when she arrived at the dealer. Just as long as ive known you, the list of things you have done for others that most of the brothers have no clue about is endless.
    The talents you have speak for themselves, the devotion to so many at the high cost of riding time (especially in IN) is priceless.
    The best tribute I can say is just spending time riding and hanging out together, its hands down your best. I will have to say we both really like to eat so that's up there too!
    Never change brother!
    WS

• @Painter I can't say anything more than already has been said here about you. Your a good friend, and an awesome person that I am so PROUD to know.

I don't have any skills except the ability to piss people off, I've got a garage, tools and my door is ALWAYS open for any and all Slingshot Family. Stay a day, a night or a few days, but be prepared to ride some awesome mountains

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Wow!! Where have I been??? I just found this thread. I feel so ashamed.

@Ross We will try to get some pics and the info you need tomorrow.

I do have a quick story to tell.

When we were in Eureka Springs this past fall, we went on a ride with 10 other Slingers. 1 Purple, 1 Orange, 8 Red, and 1 Famously Flamed one. Our first stop was at a gas stop where everyone had to check out the Painter Purple.

Went on the ride to the top of a mountain absolutely beautiful. then headed back home.

On the way, we passed a school that had just let out. Kids everywhere. We heard many times 'oh I love the purple', 'I want the purple one" and so on. The one with FLAMES was behind us. So when we stopped for food and gas again, the passenger from the one with flames commented how we were the talk of the area.

So that brings me to the Parade of Lights. We have no lights on ours, or even a radio, but we went in the parade. Again the Famously Flame one was a couple slings behind us. The parade took us through the old part of town, no street lights. As we got closer to downtown there were a few street lights here and there. One building we passed had a party going on an second story balcony.

As we passed under the street light we heard someone scream from upstairs, OH I LOVE THE PURPLE ONE!!!

In a voice that carried over everyone revving their engines, honking their horns, and radios blaring, we heard the voice of the passenger in the Famously Flamed one, SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

Even in the dark, the love and painting prowess of our beloved Painter will always shine through.

Devon