2018 Slingshot Tribute to Painter

• Travis - I think the plan is not to make a calendar but something not dated that an be kept around for longer time. @Ross is working on some ideas!
    We fear a calendar would not be kept once its useful life is over but Painters work should live forever.

I will correct the title to avoid future confusion

Maybe something like a soft cover book filled with @Painter works displayed, this way we should be able to accommodate everyone that submits a pic or 2... $15 - $20 - $25 for a book encompassing 4 years of Painters works would be good, I'm in

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Location, location, location! I don't want to submit something with her in the parking lot... Want a glorious background and a "just right" shot... :D

Go easy, fellas. He's only got one side of the Sling photo-worthy anymore, so he's gotta wait for the right time of day to get the sun at the right angle for the correct side of the machine, with the background just right....plus, he can't drive there in the rain, or if the roads are wet, or if there are clouds anywhere in the sky....or if there's dust out, because then you'd see the little grains of filth.... :00008172:

• Go easy, fellas. He's only got one side of the Sling photo-worthy anymore, so he's gotta wait for the right time of day to get the sun at the right angle for the correct side of the machine, with the background just right....plus, he can't drive there in the rain, or if the roads are wet, or if there are clouds anywhere in the sky....or if there's dust out, because then you'd see the little grains of filth.... :00008172:

Okay, now you're making me sound like...

• *****sound of churchy organ music playing in the background*****

Friends today we will not speak about hell fire and brimstone. We will not speak of the eternal punishment our souls will endure if we do not follow the righteous path.

Today, we will take our first step on the journey. A journey not for my benefit and not for your benefit. But rather, a journey to benefit one of us who has given much and asked for so little.

CAN I GET AN AMEN?

Today, we start anew. We start one of the most important journeys we may ever be on - a journey to give back.

I hear you. I hear you say, "I gave at the office". I hear you, "I keep my Slingshot clean .... most of the time". I hear you, "I give so I can modify". "I change my rear tire when the tread is gone". "I ride every chance I get". I hear you.

But today is A NEW DAY my slinging brothers and sisters. A new day to give.

"How much do I have to give?", you ask. A small amount in comparison to how much we have received! "How long to do I have to give for", you ask. Only a blink of an eye in comparison to your life.

CAN I GET AN AMEN?

"What do I do?" Four little things. Only four. If you do all of these things, I promise .......

• Do this and share this with those you know who have been lucky enough to receive. DO NOT ASSUME they will see this post. If you really want to say 'thank you' make sure you reach out to them and ask them to take part in this. THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF 90%+ OF RECIPIENTS PARTICIPATE. I know you have said thank you already but this thank you will last longer than the email or note you wrote or phone call you made. Maybe @Painter will share a list of folks that he has shared his talent with you and folks can reach out to them
    • Send a full size photo [see post #8 and #10 from 2019 Slingshot Calendar (official thread) ] to tributetopainter AT gmail DOT com or tributeforpainter@gmail.com. If you already submitted a photo when we were working on the calendar, it's a new day and I would like you to submit it again - after all, it's only a few minutes out of your life
    • Include your real name and your forum name in the email
    • Write something about the gift you received. Whether it is the creation number if you had your entire Slingshot done or what color(s) were used or what year and color it was before. Speak from your heart as your words in all or in part will be included in the tribute. If you need help word-smithing - just ask
    • If you forget one of the above, don't worry, I'll remind you.

I hear you. "How long do I have?" you ask. Let's aim for all submissions are due by Valentine's Day - Wednesday, February 14, 2018. STOP - If you received a treasure from @Painter then the best time for you to get your submission in is now - take the time now to say 'thank you' again. Don't forget to copy this and email it to or text it to or call that person you know that isn't on this forum (or maybe they haven't been on in a while) and get them on their way to say "thank you' again.

"Fine, I'll do it". I know you meant that as "Fine, I can't wait to do that! Then what happens?"

From the first submission received until our goal completion date of Saint Patrick's Day on Saturday, March 17, 2018 I will refine the photos submitted. Adjusting the exposure and tone; removing blemishes, small scratches, and other small undesired bits; retouching the photos to make them as high quality as possible; and finally I will put together the tribute piece combining the photos and what you wrote with your submission.

After a lot of research and thought, I think the best tribute piece is one that will last for a long time and one that fits a variety of members needs. For that reason, I will be using Create, Print, and Sell Professional-Quality Photo Books | Blurb. With Blurb I have a lot of different formats I can use - from hardcover books to softcover to e-books. It also allows me to set the profit I want to make on each project - for this project, the profit will be set at $0.00 (or $0.01 if I can't select zero). But best of all, Blurb takes care of printing AND fulfillment AND shipping. All together Blurb is a winner allowing you to purchase what meets your needs - Blurb collects the money - Blurb prints it - Blurb packages it - Blurb ships it - which makes it easier for me to keep costs down for you [wish I could do this with the calendars].

I'll be looking for some help and review but we will deal with that in early March

CAN I GET AN AMEN?

*****sound of large book slamming shut*****

• Welp..... I realize that timing isn't about me. About all I can say. Painter reached out to me last week, and had hoped to get back into the shop this week with nicer weather. Well, it has finally gotten warmer, but it's mostly either raining or humid, not the best of times for painting. Tomorrow hits 57, however winter storm watch is on early Friday thru Saturday. He will be doing a cam cover and coil cover for my SS, much to my dismay. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I won't appreciate it or that I don't want something from the master. It's just that the older I get, I know that time is the most valuable thing we have. It isn't unlimited, and could end much sooner than we expected. For him to do something for someone like me, I'm truly humbled! I don't feel deserving of it. Most of the time my SS hood is closed, I'm not a show runner. I just ride the miles onto it, and lots of them. But it will be something I cherish, you can take that to the bank!

I don't have anything from Painter yet. Likely will at some point, but it won't be before the deadline I'm most certain. I'm still in for the tribute though, when the time comes I'll place my order.

• Welp..... I realize that timing isn't about me. About all I can say. Painter reached out to me last week, and had hoped to get back into the shop this week with nicer weather. Well, it has finally gotten warmer, but it's mostly either raining or humid, not the best of times for painting. Tomorrow hits 57, however winter storm watch is on early Friday thru Saturday. He will be doing a cam cover and coil cover for my SS, much to my dismay. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I won't appreciate it or that I don't want something from the master. It's just that the older I get, I know that time is the most valuable thing we have. It isn't unlimited, and could end much sooner than we expected. For him to do something for someone like me, I'm truly humbled! I don't feel deserving of it. Most of the time my SS hood is closed, I'm not a show runner. I just ride the miles onto it, and lots of them. But it will be something I cherish, you can take that to the bank!

I don't have anything from Painter yet. Likely will at some point, but it won't be before the deadline I'm most certain. I'm still in for the tribute though, when the time comes I'll place my order.

no worries sir - let's touch base closer to the deadline

I am certain I was not and still am not worthy but I will try my best to earn it every chance I get